Seats 6C and 6H blocked on Int 767-300?

Subscribe
I believe you are actually referring to 6CH which are blocked. Please see:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...767-300-a.html
Quote: I believe you are actually referring to 6CH which are blocked. Please see:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...767-300-a.html
Yes.

And it is a mild quirk compared to the havoc seat allocation causes in the coach section of the upgraded cabins.

I will try to stay on 777s for the time being .
Quote: Yes.

And it is a mild quirk compared to the havoc seat allocation causes in the coach section of the upgraded cabins.

I will try to stay on 777s for the time being .
thanks for pulling that thread.

Still no definitive answer as to why they are blocked. I will ask the station manager in ZRH as well make friends with the one in GVA to find out why and who I can call to sit there. Those are the best seats in C; otherwise row 3 in F is nice enough for me.
Earlier this week on my LHR-ORD flight, 6 C and 6 H were blocked, too. Though 24-hours out and through OLCI, I was able to choose able to choose one of those seats. Seat 2K on my flight was being used as crew rest. Maybe they will open up on your flight a day in advance of travel....
I have always been curious as to why the United.com seatmap never shows seats H or J in rows 17-20 on the 777-200 (North America) planes. Try flight 324 from LAX to IAD on any day... SeatGuru and SeatExpert both show these seats.
Quote: Earlier this week on my LHR-ORD flight, 6 C and 6 H were blocked, too. Though 24-hours out and through OLCI, I was able to choose able to choose one of those seats. Seat 2K on my flight was being used as crew rest. Maybe they will open up on your flight a day in advance of travel....

will keep my fingers crossed. I really like these seats and for me it basically kills the reason to fly F on UA.
In the past month, I have flown the Int 767-300 on 5 separate occasions. Seats 6C and 6H were blocked on all of the flights. Tried to get the seats "unblocked" and was told this was not possible (no special GS treatment). All opened up exactly 24 hours prior to departure and I picked them off at that time.
Blocked seats in C on 767
I just noticed that on all flights with a 767 the seats 6 C/H are always blocked (at least on FRA/ZRH/LHR-IAD). Does anyone know why? Are these seats additional crew rest seats or GS-only or...?
Hmm, is this essentially the same question as in http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...767-300-a.html ?
They'll be unblocked 24 hours before departure and you'll be able to select them in OLCI or at a chicken.
Quote: They'll be unblocked 24 hours before departure and you'll be able to select them in OLCI or at a chicken.
In terms of service, these are the worst C seats in the 767. Service starts from the galley at the rear of C, so you get served last. And because you are facing forward, you can never catch the eye of the FA, so you have to use the call button. Unless the call buttons are inoperative, which was the case the last time I sat in 6C.
Quote: Service starts from the galley at the rear of C, so you get served last.
This can be a good thing, a bad thing, or anything in between.
Quote: On the new config 744, it seems to be 6B and 6J that are blocked. I just assumed those were the most sought after by GS or full fare passengers.
Yes I have seen that pattern too with row 6, along with rows 35-39 in E- on the 747. All of these seats tend to open up 1-2 days out from departure. Good to know for those who cant get a seat assigned. Try 1-2 days out and you might get lucky.
Why are they such "good" seats on a 747?
These opened up exactly 24 hours for GRU-IAD 4/25/2013.

I was waitlisted from E+ with a GPU but after 10 days travelling opted to buy for about $700.

If they are indeed the last row served, and hard to catch steward/ess's eye, no problem for me. There are only 5-6 rows in Business First, and I'm likely to eat in the terminal (yuck, lounges @ GRU) and just go to sleep.

Psyched to have grabbed - didn't even know when they opened up that they were considered premium or every that they were blocked - they just looked good, I grabbed one, and then did my research. Luckily panned out