Best 777 Economy Seats to Paris???

Old Mar 6, 2001, 8:48 pm
Original Poster

Best 777 Economy Seats to Paris???

Hi,

If I could please tap the collective knowledge for advice on my upcoming IAD-CDG on a 777. I am travelling with my wife, mother and 5 year old!! Any advice on seating, do they offer Econ+ on these flights? Any help would be greatly appreciated
Old Mar 7, 2001, 6:01 am

Programs: AA LT PLT 2MM; UA LT Gold MM; HH LT Diamond; Marriott Tit LT PLT
Not a reply, but an additional query, We'll be flying SFO-CDG on a UA 777 in F in Sept. 2001. We requested 1E and 1F, but does anyone suggest something different?
Old Mar 7, 2001, 7:03 am
Original Member, Ambassador: External Miles and Points Resources

Location: Digital Nomad Wandering the Earth - Currently in PALMYRA, PA, USA
In econ: Row 30.
Old Mar 7, 2001, 8:30 am

Programs: United
I concur. Row 30 is the best. At least 5 feet of legroom in front of you because there is an emergency exit just in front of it. But I'm not sure the middle section of Row 30 is any good -- probably just standard bulkhead, so stick to 30A,B and 30G,H (or is it H,J?).
Old Mar 7, 2001, 8:38 am

Programs: 1K 2.2MM
I would agree that row 30 is the way to go. Middle section is standard bulkhead but with more than 2 people you would have to select this anyway. On some flights, bulkhead is not offered until checkin time due to different seat configuration on the 777s. In this case, the other seating choices are all the same. No Econ+ on this route yet.
Old Mar 7, 2001, 8:39 am

Programs: 1K 2.2MM
I would agree that row 30 is the way to go. Middle section is standard bulkhead but with more than 2 people you would have to select this anyway. On some flights, bulkhead is not offered until checkin time due to different seat configuration on the 777s. In this case, the other seating choices are all the same. No Econ+ on this route yet.
Old Mar 7, 2001, 8:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Yes, row 30 if you can get it. Otherwise, if you're Premier and above, row 17 (first row of econ) is not bad...it's a bulkhead, but at least you eliminate the opportunity to perform dental work on the reclined passenger in front of you. Another row is 28 (or the last row in the first section of econ)- you're against the wall and there *seems* to be a little more space.

As for econ +, they are implementing that product into int'l aircraft, but there's no way to tell if your designated plane has it until the day of the flight.

Old Mar 7, 2001, 8:02 pm
Original Poster

Thanks for all of the info. No Econ+ so Row 30 it is!!
Old Mar 7, 2001, 9:47 pm

Programs: UA LTG, AA LTG, Bonvoy LTP, IHG Plat, LHW Sterling
deleted

[This message has been edited by schriste (edited 03-07-2001).]
Old Mar 7, 2001, 10:43 pm
In Memoriam

Programs: ua prem exec, Former hilton diamond
You can't sit in row 30 on the sides with the 5 year old over by the exit doors. Correct me if I'm wrong, but a five year old can't be in that row. You can split up and two get the exit row and two say the row behind or something like that. You get the good seat and everybody else can fight over the next row.

I think two and two would be better then four across the middle, but if you go for the middle make it a bulkhead, there is a bit more room (30 and 17). Besides that you eat first.
Old Mar 7, 2001, 10:45 pm

Location: Southern California - UA1K, Delta GM, Starwood Gold, Hilton Gold, AA Platinum
Have an awesome trip and let us know how your seating, flights went...

Definitly jealous
Old Mar 8, 2001, 4:15 pm

I will be flying on a UA 777 from EWR to LHR in June. It's been satisfying to read about the discussion as to the best seats on the 777. On my upcoming flights to LHR, UA has already installed Economy Plus seating. I did reserve 30A due to the spacious legroom in that row. I'll check the Economy Plus rows and report on its quality and effectivness after my return.

Save travels.

------------------
Old Mar 8, 2001, 4:23 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold
Concertorganist:

You finally made it to FlyerTalk, my friend! Let me be first to offer you a hearty "Welcome!" I am very glad you joined us and I hope you enjoy participating in these forums.

Wishing you safe and enjoyable flights,

Bill
Old Mar 9, 2001, 9:17 am
Original Member, Ambassador: External Miles and Points Resources

Location: Digital Nomad Wandering the Earth - Currently in PALMYRA, PA, USA
FWIW, 30A and J are inferior to 30B and H because it can get a little chilly sitting next to the door. If you are seated there, be sure to secure and extra blanket.
Old Mar 9, 2001, 12:46 pm

Programs: United
Kokonutz: As a diehard fan of window seats, I respectfully disagree that they are inferior to the aisle seats. But you are right. It does get cold. Another slight problem with that window seat is that you have to angle your legs ever so slightly away from the wall of the plane as the exit door protrudes a little. But this isn't of much concern because the protrusion is a couple of feet in front of the seat and there's still tons of legroom.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.