Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > United Mileage Plus (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

San Francisco United Airlines First Class Lounge access policy

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

San Francisco United Airlines First Class Lounge access policy

Search this Thread

Old Oct 20, 2011, 8:47 pm

Programs: UA 2MM
Originally Posted by iluv2fly
That's incorrect. One guest is allowed. Said guest can be on any ticket.
Sorry, I meant that the SPONSOR had to be flying on Intl First. The poster implied the sponsor was just a special AC status. that confused me. Minor point.
Old Mar 14, 2013, 1:21 pm

Programs: AA Plat, UA Silver, DL Silver, Marriott Titanium, etc.
Originally Posted by docbert
The important part is burried in the middle of their first response :
Originally Posted by courcoison
For admission to an International First Class lounge, Star Alliance lounge, or Red Carpet Club, present your same day international First or Business Class ticket, or Star Gold card, on the appropriate carrier along with your boarding pass or United Red Carpet Club membership card. Customers ticketed and traveling on United will have access to United lounges throughout their travel itinerary. Other Star Alliance carriers permit access at the departing airport only.
Your International First segment was on *A, so you would have only got access at the departure city, not in SFO.
If I am traveling into SFO on Domestic First and out on SQ First do I get access to the Global First lounge there? How does it compare to the Silver Kris lounge? And if I do get access, can I guest my friend travelling as a *Gold on UA international economy?
Old Mar 14, 2013, 5:32 pm

Programs: UA-1K, Hertz-Gold, Marriott-Gold, PC-Platinum, SPG
Originally Posted by GrizShel
If I am traveling into SFO on Domestic First and out on SQ First do I get access to the Global First lounge there? How does it compare to the Silver Kris lounge? And if I do get access, can I guest my friend travelling as a *Gold on UA international economy?
Silver Kris is nothing comparing to the UA First Lounge at SFO.

Last time when we flew UA First, was about to guest GM daughter from C on the same flight :-). Not sure about guesting as a *A First PAX.
Old Mar 15, 2013, 7:07 am

Originally Posted by lax2010

Last time when we flew UA First, was about to guest GM daughter from C on the same flight :-). Not sure about guesting as a *A First PAX.
Thanks for the info. I can't find any written rules on this so I'm afraid it may be entirely up to the lounge dragon to decide. If anyone else has experience with this, let me know; again I'll be flying in on UA domestic first but flying out on SQ First.
Old Mar 15, 2013, 10:47 am

Programs: UA, AS
Thanks for the info. I can't find any written rules on this so I'm afraid it may be entirely up to the lounge dragon to decide. If anyone else has experience with this, let me know; again I'll be flying in on UA domestic first but flying out on SQ First.
Yes, you get access to the GFL.

According to the *A lounge rules you should be able to bring in one guest if they meet the requirements and your guest does.

http://www.staralliance.com/en/benef...access-policy/

International First Class Customers: Customers have access to International First Class(1) and/or any Star Alliance member carriers' own lounges.
          (1) Except: LH HON/First Class Lounges in FRA/MUC; LX HON/First Class Lounges in ZRH/GVA; OS HON/First Class Lounges in VIE; TG Spa Lounge in BKK

Type of Eligible Customers
                  Old Mar 16, 2013, 3:24 am

Thanks very much for tracking down this info!!
                  Old Mar 16, 2013, 6:17 am
                  FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1MM, WN CP, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Gold, IC Plat
                  Originally Posted by lax2010

+1. One of the only places where UA actually has the better lounge (but only for F, not the horrid RCC). You can actually make a meal in F, and there is a ton more space than the tiny SilverKris lounge. Plus almost always closer to your departure gate IME.
                  Old Mar 18, 2013, 8:19 pm

Programs: United GS, Marriott Ambassador
                  Originally Posted by Boraxo
                  +1. One of the only places where UA actually has the better lounge (but only for F, not the horrid RCC). You can actually make a meal in F, and there is a ton more space than the tiny SilverKris lounge. Plus almost always closer to your departure gate IME.
                  +2
                  Love those smoke duck breasts!
                  Old Apr 2, 2013, 1:28 pm

Wow this lounge thing is complicated! lol I'm flying from LHR-SFO-SEA (Global First on initial leg then United First on the domestic leg) I have a 6 hour wait between arrival in SFO and departure to SEA. Will I be able to use the International First Class lounges at both Heathrow and SFO? This is all on one Mileage Plus award ticket. Any tricks or advice I need to know? Thank you very much!
                  Old Apr 2, 2013, 2:17 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, UA 1K MM, SPG Plat For Life, Marriott Plat, Nexus/GlobalEntry
                  Originally Posted by Aislander
                  Wow this lounge thing is complicated! lol I'm flying from LHR-SFO-SEA (Global First on initial leg then United First on the domestic leg) I have a 6 hour wait between arrival in SFO and departure to SEA. Will I be able to use the International First Class lounges at both Heathrow and SFO? This is all on one Mileage Plus award ticket. Any tricks or advice I need to know? Thank you very much!
                  Welcome to FT. Yes since you're flying United you will be able to access the First lounge at both Heathrow and SFO (a partner lounge would not let you in at SFO because you're arriving in F, not departing..but since you're on UA the whole way they'll let you in the first lounge). With 6 hours it will be worth it to stay the international terminal where the first lounge is. Then you'll walk back to the domestic terminal for your flight to SEA. You don't need to re-clear security to move between the terminals, but you will clear security to get airside after going through customs. Your first class ticket should also get you an invitation to use the Arrivals lounge at SFO which is outside security. There are showers and snacks in there..but since you will have access to the First lounge you could just skip the arrivals lounge, go back through security and wait there. The First lounge also has showers. You have plenty of time so if you like lounge hopping try out both. You would also have access to the regular United Clubs in both the domestic and international terminals..but the F lounge is much nicer.
                  Old Apr 2, 2013, 5:26 pm
                  Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
                  Originally Posted by SEA1K4EVR
                  .... Your first class ticket should also get you an invitation to use the Arrivals lounge at SFO which is outside security. . ....
                  the SFO-LHR arrival will be too late in the day for the SFO Arrivals lounge which is just open in the mornings. But as mentioned the IFL has all the same amenities.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.