FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   United Mileage Plus (Pre-Merger) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-mileage-plus-pre-merger-504/)
-   -   Was your E+ seat assignment ever changed by UA? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-mileage-plus-pre-merger/874089-your-e-seat-assignment-ever-changed-ua.html)

tdowl5757 Oct 8, 2008 12:35 pm

Was your E+ seat assignment ever changed by UA?

Considering E+ LGA/HNL & I have zero status.

The fine print says they only guarantee a seat in E+ not a “specific” seat.

Just wondering if anyone has ever had E+ seat changed by UA, would just hate book an aisle and get stuck in the middle on the brutal ORD/HNL.

Thanks!

mahasamatman Oct 8, 2008 1:03 pm

Originally Posted by tdowl5757 (Post 10489592)
Just wondering if anyone has ever had E+ seat changed by UA

Yes, but it's fairly rare. Just keep checking your itinerary regularly to catch any changes.

Diplomatico Oct 8, 2008 1:29 pm

Haven't had it happen to me but I think I caused it once.

Called up to move my wife into E+ and get her seated next to me (separate PNRs) and the CSR said something to the effect of "wait just a sec, I have to move some folks around" before telling me that my wife and I were now seated together in the row I had requested.

gre Oct 8, 2008 1:46 pm

I've had it happen. That's why I watch my seat assignments like a hawk.

nzpilot Oct 8, 2008 1:56 pm

Even more common if you have booked a code share flying UA metal. I noticed my E+ moved to E-. When I queried the 1K desk, it showed that the new seat was requested by LH. My guess is that becuase I made my seat reservations direct with UA, LH was clueless and since they don't assign seats til later in the process, LH went in and assigned a seat arbitrarily based on what might have been available at the 11th hour. This may have no bearing on the OP's situation, but it happens....

tdowl5757 Oct 8, 2008 2:12 pm

Originally Posted by gre (Post 10490040)
I've had it happen. That's why I watch my seat assignments like a hawk.

How far in advance was your seat changed and were you able to get what you wanted?

Thanks -- I also check itinerary frequently.......

MatthewLAX Oct 8, 2008 3:25 pm

It has never happened to me before in E+.

C-Class seats have been changed, however.

1KChinito Oct 8, 2008 6:04 pm

The only time it changed was due to a change in aircraft.

gomike Oct 8, 2008 6:49 pm

Yes once, I was checked in, when I went to get on the plane it rejected my BP, had to go to the counter and I was given the very last row middle seat.

Trulyblues Oct 8, 2008 7:17 pm

Yep - as a lowly 2P my E+ aisle seat was re-assigned with no warning to a 1K who thought she was too important to sit in the middle seat in the row despite being on standby. I knew nothing about it until the gate agent called me to the podium five minutes before boarding and tore my boarding pass up and issued me one for 6E instead of 6D. I heard the woman on her cell phone after boarding and put two and two together.

the_happiness_store Oct 8, 2008 8:00 pm

Never, even before I became 1K.

L1011toHNL Oct 8, 2008 9:39 pm

Thanks to this thred, just checked my ewr-den-lax-lih itin, and found just that, that my E+ seats gone on first three legs, strangely, even on UA69 which was original flight. Seems they've rerouted us via ORD instead of DEN, because of an hour earlier departure from DEN caused the ewr xfer to DEN too short. How hard is it to retrieve the E+ seats at night? Are the call centers any better? Any tricks for getting HNL online?
Also, don't want stuck in the no-window E+ -- suggestions?

Thanks.