Turkish Air Miles: time to post?

Old Dec 27, 2010, 2:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
Welcome to FlyerTalk! Do you know what fare code your ticket was booked under?
Old Dec 27, 2010, 2:58 pm

Programs: LH SEN, SQ Gold
Welcome!

If your ticket was booked into X I O R or N, you get exactly zero miles.

See here: http://www.united.com/page/article/0,6722,52611,00.html
Old Dec 27, 2010, 2:59 pm

Programs: UA Million Mile Gold, Club, AA, Delta, Marriott, Hertz G, A/Club
Originally Posted by TT-Jones
Welcome!

If your ticket was booked into X I O R or N, you get exactly zero miles.

See here: http://www.united.com/page/article/0,6722,52611,00.html
Class of service Booking class Award miles1 Elite status miles/segments1
First F A 150% 100%
Business C D J Z 125% 100%
Economy Y B M K H S E Q V
U W G T L P 100% 100%
No Mileage Credit X I O R N 0% 0%
Old Dec 30, 2010, 6:41 am

Hmm... Just got my boarding pass (had it pinned up at the office) and I flew in Y class. The letter I got said to mail the letter and other documentation to United. I guess I'm concerned once I send away the originals I'm in bad shape if I get another "mail us something" letter. Any ideas as to how to do this over the phone?

Thanks FTers!

LC
Old Dec 30, 2010, 7:45 am

Originally Posted by lostcomm
Hmm... Just got my boarding pass (had it pinned up at the office) and I flew in Y class. The letter I got said to mail the letter and other documentation to United. I guess I'm concerned once I send away the originals I'm in bad shape if I get another "mail us something" letter. Any ideas as to how to do this over the phone?

Thanks FTers!

LC
Over the phone? No, but if you are concerned, make copies of everything, make sure you have your ticket number (not the reservation number), and send it in using a confirmable method.

-David
Old Mar 31, 2011, 10:25 am

Programs: UA MP, DL SkyMiles
How long before miles for travel on TK post?

I took a trip a couple of weeks ago on TK. How long before miles post to my UA MP account? I would have thought *A airlines are quick - but does not look like it. Last time I had a trip on QR - IAD-DOH-BOM - IAD-DOH had posted before I landed in BOM - and QR is not even in *A.

Last edited by FlyinHawaiian; Mar 31, 2011 at 10:33 am Reason: merged into existing thread
Old Mar 31, 2011, 3:56 pm

My boyfriend flew TK on March 5th and I want to say it took about two weeks. Unfortunately, I know he won't remember exactly when if I ask, but it was about that long, somewhere between 10-17 days I think.

BillJ
Old Mar 31, 2011, 7:06 pm

I had a Turkish segment on a *A round-the-world ticket and the miles didn't post automatically after a month.

Filled out the request credit form on United.com (they needed the ticket number and seat assignment) and the miles posted less than a week later.
Old Mar 31, 2011, 9:15 pm

Programs: Airlines: UA-CO, NH, AA, and DL Hotels: SPG, Accor, PC, and Marriott
Originally Posted by compuser1973
I took a trip a couple of weeks ago on TK. How long before miles post to my UA MP account? I would have thought *A airlines are quick - but does not look like it. Last time I had a trip on QR - IAD-DOH-BOM - IAD-DOH had posted before I landed in BOM - and QR is not even in *A.
I had a D-fare JFK-IST-JFK that I did a *A C>F upgrade on and they posted exactly 14days after each leg.

Now the MS from IST-CAI it posted 48 hours later surprisingly.
Old Mar 31, 2011, 9:36 pm

Programs: UA MP, DL SkyMiles
Originally Posted by ande777emt
I had a D-fare JFK-IST-JFK that I did a *A C>F upgrade on and they posted exactly 14days after each leg.

Now the MS from IST-CAI it posted 48 hours later surprisingly.
OK Thanks. May be I will wait another couple of days and then fill out the missing mileage credit form.....
Old Dec 5, 2011, 8:59 am

Programs: Bonvoy LTT; IHG DiamondAmb; WoH Globalist; UA1K2MM; NationalEE; AvisPC; HertzPC
How long does it take to get the milage credits for a *alliance flight?

I took a rt flight between ORD and IST on TK more than 10 days ago and I still haven't got any miles deposited in my MileagePlus account. I made sure my MileagePlus number was on the reservation when I checked in at the airports. Does it usually take more than 14 days to get the mileage credit?

Last edited by FlyinHawaiian; Dec 5, 2011 at 9:12 am Reason: moved into existing thread
Old Dec 5, 2011, 9:12 am

Programs: CO Gold, UA Premier Executive, Marriott Gold, Priority Club Platinum, SPG Gold, Hertz Gold
14 days should be long enough. Was all the segments booked in a class you get EQM for? Recently on a 4 Segment RT ticket I got the miles posted for 3 out of the 4 flights, emailed CS and then found out one segment was in a class that didn’t give any miles to UA/CO :-( My friend missed out on getting CO Sliver because of it.

http://www.united.com/page/article/0,6722,52611,00.html
Old Dec 5, 2011, 2:55 pm

Programs: UA 1p
For a flight in early October, IST-FRU-IST segments posted within 48 hours. IST-GVA took 7 weeks with an online request after 14 days. The IST-GVA segment was a Swiss codeshare operated by TK.
Old Dec 8, 2011, 10:48 pm

Location: Austin, TX -- AA Life Platinum; QF Life Silver; UA Silver
I recently flew LAX-IST-NAV//ADB-IST-ORD-LAX on TK/UA on the $535 fare. The LAX-IST (G-class, upgraded to CC) and ADB-IST-ORD (G-class) haven't posted yet. I could swear the UA site used to say G-class earned 100%.. it's changed in the last few days (Checked www.archive.org it has the old version..).

Anyone been able to get their TK flights to post recently?
Old Dec 9, 2011, 12:27 am

Programs: UAmm, Hyatt Plat,Marriott Gold, AA EXP
I also have a trip on Turkish in G class for March that were EQM earning when purchased. Let me know what you find out. I tried the like provided but nothing came up but a random site.

United web site did state that G class would earn EQM or I would not have purchased.

Last edited by iluv2fly; Dec 9, 2011 at 9:28 am Reason: merge

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.