Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > United Mileage Plus (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

Questions Regarding UA's Type B DBCFREE Voucher [Merged]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Questions Regarding UA's Type B DBCFREE Voucher [Merged]

Search this Thread

Old Dec 5, 2008, 12:48 pm

Is there a date/time change fee on DBCFREEs? (i.e. keeping routing the same, just changing date/time)
Old Dec 5, 2008, 12:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by nigelloring
Is there a date/time change fee on DBCFREEs? (i.e. keeping routing the same, just changing date/time)
No, but you can't make changes to the outbound within two weeks of the outbound. Q, V, or W has to be available as well.
Old Dec 6, 2008, 12:01 pm

Originally Posted by soitgoes
No, but you can't make changes to the outbound within two weeks of the outbound. Q, V, or W has to be available as well.
Thank you!
Old Dec 16, 2008, 11:59 pm

Programs: UA General
Using Type B Voucher

I got a Type B Voucher for a free domestic roundtrip in W, V and Q class. I am considering using it for a friend's wedding (MKE-ABQ) in May, or a separate little trip to somewhere for myself such as vegas or somewhere in New England.

Questions:
1. How should I determine whether I should use this voucher for the wedding or my personal trip to obvious get the best value out of this ticket?
2. How can I search for seat availability for these classes? My guess is these fare classes are rather limited, and don't want to spend hours on the phone to find the dates.

Thanks!
Old Dec 17, 2008, 12:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by dreamfool
Questions:
1. How should I determine whether I should use this voucher for the wedding or my personal trip to obvious get the best value out of this ticket?
You can compare fares and see.
Also, the DBCFREE vouchers allow some flexibility, providing for free date changes and the use of one open jaw.

2. How can I search for seat availability for these classes? My guess is these fare classes are rather limited, and don't want to spend hours on the phone to find the dates.
You can check availability online at united.com (expert mode) or seatcounter.com, etc. These are not highly restricted fare classes. You should have no trouble at all booking these.

Please see:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...er-merged.html
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...e-voucher.html
Old Dec 17, 2008, 1:03 am

Programs: UA 1P MM, SPG Lifetime Gold
If concerned about EQMs, could also calculate $/EQM.
Old Dec 17, 2008, 10:03 pm

Programs: UA General
Thanks for the ideas and website...^

I thought seatcounter.com wouldn't display UA seats but I guess even though this is free for me, it is not an award ticket.
Old Mar 13, 2009, 12:22 am

Programs: UAL, AA, AS, CX
Are DBC FREE tickets upgradable?

If I have a DBCFREE voucher from a vol. bump.

It says "must ticket" by May 1, 2009 - does that mean travel must be complete by then?

If I am premier status and get E+ under normal circumstances by using this voucher will I get E+ seating?

It says not upgradeable BUT is that true or are there ways to upgrade like mileage, check in kiosks?

Thanks
Old Mar 13, 2009, 12:39 am

Programs: UA, AA, WN; HH, MR, IHG
"Must ticket" means "must ticket," not "must travel." You need only to book your travel by May 1; your travel can be booked to the end of schedule as of date of booking.

You are eligibible for E+, just like on any other flight.

The ticket isn't upgradeable but there's a slim chance you could be offered an upgrade-for-cash, depending on the flight. Of course, whether you think the UFC price is worth it is a different story. You can't upgrade with miles or other upgrade instruments.
Old Mar 13, 2009, 12:40 am

Location: What I write is my opinion alone..don't read into it anything not written.
Ticket by then, travel up to the booking window away from date you ticket. If 2P # is in on reservation, you may select e+

As for UG, I believe UFC is available on just about any fare.
Old Mar 13, 2009, 8:30 am

Programs: lowly 1P
I just ticketed a DBCFREE on the last possible ticketing date for a trip three months in the future. The agent behind the counter got a good laugh out of fact I waited until the 11th hour.
Old Mar 13, 2009, 8:45 am
In Memoriam

Programs: UA 1K, RCC; AA EXP; HH Diamond; CC Gold
Another DBC FREE question

Will RCC agents ticket these, or do I need to do this out front at ticketing?
Old Apr 14, 2009, 4:00 pm

Programs: UAL IK;Marriott Plat Elite;Hyatt Diamond;Hilton Gold;Hertz Presidents Circle
I used a DBC Free Cert to purchase a ticket for me. Plans have changed and I no longer need to fly that. Can I change the name on that unused ticket?
Old Apr 14, 2009, 5:02 pm
Used to be 'g_leyser'

Location: Brandon Johnson International Airport (expect delays)
Programs: AA PlatPro, HH Gold, Bonvoy Gold, IHG Plat, Reno Air MEGA Platinum
Originally Posted by debua1k
I used a DBC Free Cert to purchase a ticket for me. Plans have changed and I no longer need to fly that. Can I change the name on that unused ticket?
No. Name changes are not allowed.

You can change the date and use it for yourself at another time however.
Old Apr 15, 2009, 4:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
I just mailed in my voucher for a ticket less than two weeks away rather than going to the airport. They didnt charge me any taxes...is that standard? I thought even for free tickets you have to pay a booking fee and taxes?

Also, can you standby for a later flight on the day of travel (only able to get the 6am flight) or can you switch flight times (not connection city or routing) if inventory opens up before date of travel free of charge?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.