New look to EasyCheck-in Online e-mails

Old Jul 5, 2008, 6:39 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1MM, AS MVPG, SPG/Marriott Gold
New look to EasyCheck-in Online e-mails

Sometime between Wednesday and today, the EasyCheck-in Online reminder e-mails got a slightly refreshed look. Nothing major, but here are some of the differences I can see:
  • E-mail is from "United ECO ([email protected])" instead of "United Airlines ([email protected])"
  • Name, confirmation #, and MP# are at top of email (though my MP# is missing the leading 0's)
  • Fewer graphics, and overall the e-mail is much shorter than before
  • Direct links to "View entire itinerary" and "Flight status" near details on your flights

I also noted the addition of this text to the e-mail:

No printer? Checking bags?
No problem! Check in online now, and then print your boarding pass and check your bags at the airport.
Overall, seems like a nice (minor) refresh.
Old Jul 5, 2008, 7:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by seadan
Sometime between Wednesday and today, the EasyCheck-in Online reminder e-mails got a slightly refreshed look. Nothing major, but here are some of the differences I can see:
  • E-mail is from "United ECO ([email protected])" instead of "United Airlines ([email protected])"
  • Name, confirmation #, and MP# are at top of email (though my MP# is missing the leading 0's)
  • Direct links to "View entire itinerary" and "Flight status" near details on your flights

Haven't gotten one of the new EasyCheck-in e-mail's, but did notice sometime last week that when you book a flight on .bomb and search by schedule, the "select" page has a nice little refresh too.
Old Jul 5, 2008, 8:57 pm

Programs: UA Plat, 1MM
Originally Posted by emcampbe
when you book a flight on .bomb and search by schedule, the "select" page has a nice little refresh too.
This aspect has been noted here, I believe:
Holy moly, new ual.com website look [Merged Threads]
Old Jul 5, 2008, 9:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*Lifetime GS, Hyatt* Lifetime Globalist

I just got one for my flight tomorrow. I'd rather they spend time improving .bomb....
Old Jul 5, 2008, 9:12 pm

Programs: Delta PM, Hertz Plat
Am I the only one who HATES when companies use a different domain from their own to send emails? The "p0.com" one seems to come up a lot. (Is it a contracted email-r-us company?) I am MUCH less likely to click on a link in an email that is not from the domain I expect it to be from (in this case, United.com) than one that goes to the expected domain. When will the IT folks figure this one out?
Old Jul 5, 2008, 11:50 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Kimpton Inner Circle
...E-mail is from "United ECO ([email protected])" instead of "United Airlines ([email protected])"
I noticed this too. I thought it was a new feature of my iPhone mail display! I completed OLCI before I received the e-mail so I just deleted it and didn't see the rest.
Old Jul 6, 2008, 11:34 am
Moderator: Smoking Lounge; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime (for now) Gold MM, HH Gold, Giving Tootsie Pops to UA employees, & a retired hockey goalie
Originally Posted by blue_dolphin
I noticed this too. I thought it was a new feature of my iPhone mail display! I completed OLCI before I received the e-mail so I just deleted it and didn't see the rest.
a question regarding olci and the iphone......

there are numerous threads where folks have complained about not having a printer, done olci wirelessly from their laptop yet only to find that their seats have changed when they re-print their bp's at the airport and don't have "any proof" of their original bp. with osx, you can "print to a pdf" right from the print dialogue box and i'm wondering if this feature is on the iphone as well (reason-i'm looking at the new iphone )
Old Jul 6, 2008, 1:43 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Kimpton Inner Circle
Originally Posted by goalie
a question regarding olci and the iphone......

there are numerous threads where folks have complained about not having a printer, done olci wirelessly from their laptop yet only to find that their seats have changed when they re-print their bp's at the airport and don't have "any proof" of their original bp. with osx, you can "print to a pdf" right from the print dialogue box and i'm wondering if this feature is on the iphone as well (reason-i'm looking at the new iphone )
No, unfortunately the "print to pdf" functionality from OSX does not exist on the iPhone, at least at present. It's possible to run through the OLCI steps but when you click the "print" button, nothing happens so you still need to visit the chicken at the airport and you have no proof that you've checked in.
Old Jul 6, 2008, 4:44 pm
Moderator: Smoking Lounge; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime (for now) Gold MM, HH Gold, Giving Tootsie Pops to UA employees, & a retired hockey goalie
Originally Posted by blue_dolphin
No, unfortunately the "print to pdf" functionality from OSX does not exist on the iPhone, at least at present. It's possible to run through the OLCI steps but when you click the "print" button, nothing happens so you still need to visit the chicken at the airport and you have no proof that you've checked in.
bummer as that feature is simple under osx

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.