Community
Wiki Posts
Search

1k Voice - not in US? Plus observations...

Search this Thread

Old Jun 3, 2008, 5:28 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1k / SPG Gold / Hilton Gold / Regular peon for all other programs.
1k Voice - not in US? Plus observations...

I've had four reasons to send in feedback to UA this year based on my international and domestic travels. I've made some interesting observations in this informal sample.

I'm completely satisfied with the outcomes of 1, 2 and 4. Issue 3 just seems to elicit a "your comments will be shared with Management" instead of a more specific response to the specific questions I had asked (which is all I wanted in the the first place).

1/Inop seat recline in C class, transpacific flight - no other seats avail - advised F/A to please write up in log book, no SkyKit offered (nor did I ask)
2/Inop IFE + power port in C class, transpacific flight - units in seat next to me also inop (suspect entire set of 3-seat-unit on this 747) - advised F/A to please write up in log book, no SkyKit offered (nor did I ask)
3/Concern and suggestion to address/improve ORD RCC "Quiet Room"
4/GTEM cert for a great agent in Chicago res

Looking at these 4 exchanges, I've noticed that perhaps 1k voice is being answered overseas and not at WHQ. Messages 1, 2, 3 all sent to 1kvoice email. Message 4 sent by fax to the (877) fax number.

Here's where it gets "interesting":
Message 1 - replied to from 1kvoice##@united.com during WHQ normal office hours (and normal office hours any time zone USA).

Message 2 - replied to from elitecustomercare##@united.com at 10pm WHQ time; I replied to that and 2nd reply comes from elitecustomercare##@united.com at 1:08AM WHQ time.

Message 3 - replied to from uacustomercare##@united.com at 2:15AM WHQ time. The reply basically reiterated and spit back exactly what I wrote - kinda like a parrot. My initial note was pretty short and to the point, suggesting they share the inop IFE/power unit seat number and ship number with maintenance. The writer just didn't seem to "get it".... she wrote: "Rest assured I have registered your concern with our Onboard Inventory Management Team for their information and internal review so they understand how this experience felt from your point of view, and to ensure that the situation is not repeated."
Umm, yeah a broken IFE does stink, but just get it fixed so the next customer can enjoy it and move on. That's all. No need to go into therapy or anything to "understand how this experience felt..."

Message 4 - replied to by snail mail from WHQ to my MP address on file.

The only comment I will make regarding names used to sign the letters is that on messages 2 and 3, they were not signed by John Smith or Mary Johnson or anyone with traditionally and historically "American" type names. Messages 1 and 4, however, were.

So... since I *highly* doubt that WHQ's consumer relations office is staffed 24/7 (yes, I know their ops building right behind it is staffed 24/7, and I think Chicago res too)... I'm gonna guess that the ICC has a new responsibility to respond to 1k emails?

Just curious... and to those at UA, I'm still 1k and have no plans to defect to the dAArkSide.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.