Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > United Mileage Plus (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

Westin Heavenly Bed on intl F flights? [merged threads]

Westin Heavenly Bed on intl F flights? [merged threads]

Old Feb 19, 2008, 9:42 am

Programs: UA1k;HH Gold;MR Gold
Im sure they will come arounda nd collect them the way they do the DVD players
Old Feb 19, 2008, 9:50 am

Don't get me wrong, I really enjoy the Westin heavenly bed products. If there are storage issues already with the new seat configs, how much worse will big poofy blankets and pillows make it. Also, the thought of white pillows and blankets; how long before you get on a flight to find a not so white folded blanket/pillow on your seat.

It sounds like a great marketing plan/upgrade for the product, makes me kind of wonder about execution though....
Old Feb 19, 2008, 9:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by denverhockeyguy
Don't get me wrong, I really enjoy the Westin heavenly bed products. If there are storage issues already with the new seat configs, how much worse will big poofy blankets and pillows make it. Also, the thought of white pillows and blankets; how long before you get on a flight to find a not so white folded blanket/pillow on your seat.

It sounds like a great marketing plan/upgrade for the product, makes me kind of wonder about execution though....
I'm guessing they will be passed out after takeoff and collected before landing, both so people don't steal them and to solve the storage issue. Also, who knows, maybe they wont be white, which would probably make sense.
Old Feb 19, 2008, 9:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Wouldn't you like to know?!
Originally Posted by UNITED959
Well, it's SPG and Bliss has made its way to some Sheratons...so there's hope!
If you have any Bliss questions, feel free to ask me Seriously.

The Shine by Bliss (at Sheraton) is a serious disappointment, it sucks p.s. I helped triggering this product launch, please visit the SPG forum and my infamous thread

W Hotels offer the original bliss (lemon and sage products), which is also offered on Jetblue redeye flights.

aloft hotels will soon offer the Bliss big blue series.

I have the entire Westin Heavenly Bed and W Bed mattress and linens at home. Westin's linens are usually starched, making them a bit harder, but fresh and crisp. W hotels sheets are much more softer.

The bigger seller at Westin isn't the Heavenly linens and comforters, its the "bed"-mattress itself. So, unless p.s. seat cushions are going to be replaced with the Heavenly mattress, I don't find a reason to be excited about
Old Feb 19, 2008, 10:29 am

Programs: UA 1K; SPG Plat; Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by lucky9876coins
Yep, I'm betting we'll see this on the new configs if it works out well. I heard from the beginning that it would be sponsored by some company in order to keep the costs down, and you can't beat Westin in that regard, IMO!^
Can't beat them at the soft product or at keeping the costs down?
Old Feb 19, 2008, 10:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by boifromtroy
Can't beat them at the soft product or at keeping the costs down?
Oops, sorry, I meant the comfort of Westin, although I guess for UA you can't beat it in both regards.
Old Feb 19, 2008, 10:43 am

Now I wonder if SQ's duvet were sponsored by Givenchy, or did they actually pay real SGD for it

Back to the topic: This is nice actually and beats me having to bring the U-shaped foam pillow.
Old Feb 19, 2008, 10:46 am

Programs: ex-elite, now just pay C/J myself to avoid the hassle of keeping status.
Originally Posted by Absolut1377
I think if you're SPG Platinum and UA 1k you should then be upgraded on Westin furnished flights.
Do we also get 4~6 hours of pre-boarding too?
Old Feb 19, 2008, 10:52 am

Programs: UA 1P, Marriott Platium, SPG
Originally Posted by undersky
Do we also get 4~6 hours of pre-boarding too?
Actually that is not a bad idea. You are going to take a red-eye to, say, SFO from JFK. You get on the plane at 7pm, have dinner and a movie, seat belt on, lie flat, and go to sleep. Plane takes off sometime during the night, you wake up at SFO at 6am, ready to go to work.

I'm not a doctor, but I did sleep in a Westin F-class seat on a p.s. flight last night.
Old Feb 19, 2008, 10:57 am

Programs: UA S
Originally Posted by HaeMaker
Actually that is not a bad idea. You are going to take a red-eye to, say, SFO from JFK. You get on the plane at 7pm, have dinner and a movie, seat belt on, lie flat, and go to sleep. Plane takes off sometime during the night, you wake up at SFO at 6am, ready to go to work.

I'm not a doctor, but I did sleep in a Westin F-class seat on a p.s. flight last night.
On a serious note, this looks like a good idea and would love to see it as part of the upcoming Int'l C soft product improvements.
Old Feb 19, 2008, 11:14 am

Programs: The Marina. Comic Relief. UA 1K and 1MM. MacBook Pro.
I'd be happy if they just fixed the jacked up SPG to MP exchange rate ratio. Seem to recall the exchange rate was negatively adjusted during UA's BK.
Old Feb 19, 2008, 8:16 pm

Programs: UA 1k / SPG Gold / Hilton Gold / Regular peon for all other programs.
Anyone know when we'll see those Heavenly products onboard?
Old Feb 19, 2008, 8:27 pm

Programs: OZ Diamond, KE Morning Calm, SPG Gold, Hyatt DIA...when I fly domestic I always fly CO or UA! yay
sounds good....though I believe that P.S. C class of F is the best domestic products in the states even without it -

I juss hope they wash those blankets and pillows thoroughly, if they are not giving it to the passengers...
Old Feb 19, 2008, 8:37 pm

Programs: The Marina. Comic Relief. UA 1K and 1MM. MacBook Pro.
If you can't wait for this gear to appear, make your way over to FatWallet and read about the 40% off W Hotels The Store discount code:

http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/hot-deals/804929/

"W Bed, pillows, featherbeds, comforters and sheets"

Observe the Mileage Run Forum rules on this one, kiddies. First one to call in gets moved to the virtual ORD penalty box.
Old Feb 19, 2008, 8:43 pm

I got all excited when I read the title "Westin Heavenly Products".

I was hoping for the Westin Heavenly Bath

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.