Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > United Mileage Plus (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

Star Award Cacellation Fees For 1K if Miles Redeposited?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 13, 2010, 5:56 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA*G (1K again), Sixt Plat, *was*: SQ QPP01 & SK EBS/EBG, LH SEN, AA EXP, 9wPlat

Hi All,

Just wanted clarification on a *A award booked with a 1k's UA miles - does UA still charge a fee to redeposit miles??

I searched but only found a thread from 2005 which detailed a $100 redeposit fee - and may not (hopefully) exist any longer...

Any feedback on this?
Old Dec 13, 2010, 5:59 am

Programs: MMH MVP Charter Member, UA 1K MM
There is no fee for 1k changes/cancels. Your miles and fees will be redeposited.
Old Dec 13, 2010, 6:04 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA*G (1K again), Sixt Plat, *was*: SQ QPP01 & SK EBS/EBG, LH SEN, AA EXP, 9wPlat
Originally Posted by sammybk
There is no fee for 1k changes/cancels. Your miles and fees will be redeposited.
Thanks for the clarification! ^
Old Dec 13, 2010, 7:52 am

Programs: UA Plat MM, AA Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, IHG Plat, Marriott Titanium Elite
The taxes and fees don't get redeposited. They will be REFUNDED to your original method of payment.
Old Dec 13, 2010, 8:12 am

Programs: UAMP Gold Million Miler; American, Delta, Southwest; Hilton Diamond; Hyatt; Marriott, A-Plus
I just did it last week

Nope, miles back, taxes refunded, no problem. For a change!
Old Dec 13, 2010, 8:13 am

Programs: UA 1K, MM
Just to add, fees and taxes refunded to original payment method even if ticket was issued in name of someone other than the 1K
Old Dec 13, 2010, 3:48 pm

Programs: A3*G, UA Gold EY Silver
Yes, everything gets refunded. Just make sure to remind the phone agent that you're a 1K (or that the miles are from a 1K account). I had a problem where they charged me $150 for this (HNL center agent mistake). It took a few weeks for the refund to post back to the card after some letter writing.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.