Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > United Mileage Plus (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

EasyCheck-in: Unavailable??? [Consolidated] (Merged)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

EasyCheck-in: Unavailable??? [Consolidated] (Merged)

Search this Thread

Old Nov 20, 2008, 11:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by travelsavant
OK, now the message is "Airport Check-in Required"...what the heck, my flight doesn't leave until tomorrow! Time to call & see what is going on; guess I shouldn't have delayed checking in.
You've been "ssss-ed".
Old Nov 20, 2008, 12:38 pm

Programs: Nothing worth mentioning
Ssss-ed is right! Still not checked in. Tried calling: on first call was told that I had to check in at airport & present my credit card. My response was, "you made that up and don't actually know what the problem is, do you? She went to consult with supervisor & I hung up. Next call was told it looked like they were trying to make equipment change & to try to check in later.

I'm on Flt 6, SFO-JFK 7:27 am Fri 11/21; looks like flight is over-booked.
Old Nov 20, 2008, 12:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by travelsavant
I'm on Flt 6, SFO-JFK 7:27 am Fri 11/21; looks like flight is over-booked.
Odd - I just did a dummy booking and while all the Y buckets are zeroed out there are only 6 seats filled in E+. I know you can't go by the seat map, but there must be some reason that they're leaving so many seats unassigned while zeroing out all the buckets.
Old Nov 20, 2008, 3:37 pm

Milepig, correct I tried that too but I don't believe there can be that many upgradeable seats open - not with full E+ flight & certainly not with all the heavy Elites flying out of SFO.

It gets stranger still as I just logged back on and "Easy Check-In" isn't even an option in UA menu....I think FlyinHawaiian had it right & it's just random UAL.com funkiness.
Old Nov 20, 2008, 3:50 pm

Programs: COdbaUA Platinum 2MM
I would recommend everyone to call if you cannot check-in online. There can be some very crucial reasons.

I could not check-in my roommate on Monday after going through the procedure. An error message generated for validity date of my roommate’s U.S. passport. After calling 1K reservation line, I was told his passport had to be valid for six months when arriving Thailand. His passport was valid for five and half months. Luckily there is a U.S. passport agency in San Francisco. We raced to SF and got him a brand new U.S. passport on Monday. Otherwise, he would have a very unpleasant surprise at check-in on Tuesday morning.

I had problem check-in online as well. A call to web support solved the problem immediately.
Old Nov 27, 2008, 10:04 am

Update: was able to finally do online check in at 1 am, 11/21.
Flight 6 was full, & after everyone was on board, we sat for 20 mins, it was announced that plane had a problem & that all pax were off loaded. In boarding area it was announced that a new plane was being prepared for us, departure was moved to another gate & new departure time, 9 am. At same time it was announced that Flt 8, SFO-JFK had been canceled. Could it be we were given their plane? Anyway, Flt 6 finally did take off a little after 9 am.
Old Nov 27, 2008, 10:22 am
Original Member, Moderator: Hotel Deals and MilesBuzz

Not being able to check in online often means you should expect some TSA haraSSSSment.
Old Nov 30, 2008, 5:55 pm

Programs: United Mileage Plus, MM, McDonalds Million Burgers
for my flight UA6 SFO/JFK (7:30am departure) I could not checkin until
11am of the night before.

It turns out there was an equipment swap 767 for the 757. We kept our
seats but due to the larger number of seats, the new plane was not full
in B and 2/3 empty in E+.
Old Apr 5, 2009, 12:04 pm

Programs: No longer loyal "over-entitled" 1K
EasyCheck-in: Unavailable?

When I try to check-in for flight, I get an error message saying "EasyCheck-in: Unavailable
Check-in is experiencing problems at this time which are preventing you from using the system. Please try again later."
Is online check-in working for everybody?
Old Apr 5, 2009, 3:12 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
This can happen for any of a dozen or more reasons. Change of aircraft is one of the more frequent ones, but SSSSS, some schedule changes, or irregularities in your e-ticket are also common.
Old Apr 5, 2009, 5:26 pm

Programs: UA 1MM Lifetime Gold, starting AK, Marriott Bonvoy
Originally Posted by kkjay77
When I try to check-in for flight, I get an error message saying "EasyCheck-in: Unavailable
Check-in is experiencing problems at this time which are preventing you from using the system. Please try again later."
Is online check-in working for everybody?
That sounds less flight- or flyer-specific than the usual messages; they generally say that the particular flight is unavailable for checkin, not that the sytem isn't working. Maybe there was a wider problem?
Old Apr 5, 2009, 6:41 pm

Originally Posted by ccharles
That sounds less flight- or flyer-specific than the usual messages; they generally say that the particular flight is unavailable for checkin, not that the sytem isn't working. Maybe there was a wider problem?
This is what I was wondering.
It doesn't sound like normal "can't check-in online" message to me.
Old Apr 5, 2009, 9:15 pm

Looks like it is a equipment change issue.
My ORD-HKG flight seat map has changed from 47C to 744.
ualcargo still says its 47C though.

Edited to add:
Turns out that I could check-in online this morning.
Must have been .bomb acting up again.

Last edited by kkjay77; Apr 6, 2009 at 6:16 am
Old Sep 12, 2009, 11:17 am

Programs: UA Gold MM, Marriott Bonvoy Gold Elite
OLCI Unavailable

For the past 1 hour I've been receiving this message when attempting OLCI for UA73 SFO-HNL tomorrow, 9/13. Is anyone else having this problem? I'm wondering if this is a systemwide issue or something to do with this particular flight, or something to do with my particular itinerary.

EasyCheck-in: Unavailable
Check-in is experiencing problems at this time which are preventing you from using the system. Please try again later.
Old Sep 12, 2009, 11:57 am

Programs: UA GS
Same Problem

Just 1 minute ago, I was able to check in myself but not Mrs. LAXOGG. We're on same PRN but check-in required individually because of E-500 upgrade certs.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.