Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > United Mileage Plus (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

Consolidated "Why Do I Have Half (.5) an EQS Credit for my Flight(s)" Thread [Merged]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Consolidated "Why Do I Have Half (.5) an EQS Credit for my Flight(s)" Thread [Merged]

Search this Thread

Old Jun 16, 2005, 2:05 pm

Programs: UA/*A nobody, Bonvoy Plat, SW A-list, Hertz 5* (but who isn't???)
Originally Posted by Dromomaniac
Did you get 50% bonus miles as well?
Originally Posted by omahajim
No I didn't. That 250 miles woulda come in handy!!
ADD June 16: Actually it appears that I probably have received the extra 250 EQMs. My online Mileage Summary shows an extra 250 miles than it should have for YTD EQM thought the actual flight posting below that just says 500 out and 500 back, no bonus. So it looks like united.com online purchased F 'upgrades' at the time of booking are getting the 50% EQM and EQS segments?

Additional info, the original itin for that segment was booked in W fare class.
Old Jun 16, 2005, 2:40 pm

Programs: UA Plat, Marriott Plat
I took the +$65 online offer (at the time of booking on united.com) to upgrade to F on DEN-OMA going home last week. I knew it was going to be a long week and was worth it to not get stuck in E-.
Consider yourself BLESSED that you get 3x737 and 2x757 DEN-OMA and vv and not 5x CRJ. What is in OMA that demands such capacity?
Old Jun 16, 2005, 3:06 pm

Programs: UA GS, AA PLT, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by FightingIlliniUAL
Consider yourself BLESSED that you get 3x737 and 2x757 DEN-OMA and vv and not 5x CRJ. What is in OMA that demands such capacity?
My guess is maybe the insurance companies. (Mutual of Omaha) If I remember correctly the top three cities for insurance company headquarters are Hartford CT, Des Moines IA and Omaha NE. Now I could be totally wrong on that, but that could explain the capacity issue. Lots of people needing insurance?
Old Jun 16, 2005, 11:26 pm

Programs: UA/*A nobody, Bonvoy Plat, SW A-list, Hertz 5* (but who isn't???)
A little about OMA

Heading off topic here, but I'll answer...
Originally Posted by FightingIlliniUAL
I agree regarding UA equipment to DEN and ORD (I think there are some smaller aircraft to ORD on occasion). It's very nice to be a "full service" UA city despite our (relatively) small size. However even though the capacity is there with the 737's, as a 2P I never could clear 500 milers to either hub in the mornings due to the F demand (paid and upgrade) from 1P's and higher. The 757's definitely give me a better chance as that is when united.com has been offering me the +$65 500 miler paid upgrades. I fly out Monday AM, back Friday PM like the rest of the road warriors here.

Originally Posted by MSY-MSP
My guess is maybe the insurance companies.
Omaha is a fast growing city with a very diverse collection of companies in many different industries . MSY-MSP is correct, lots of insurance with Mutual of Omaha and others, Warren Buffett lives here (having various insurance investments); investment banking with FNBOmaha, CoBank, and others (plenty of agriculture investments go through here); there's also ConAgra Foods, Union Pacific, First Data Corp, Qwest, and others with significant corporate offices; Omaha has lots of inbound/outbound telemarketing and reservations operations; lots of engineering and construction firms with large domestic and overseas contract bases (HDR, Kiewit, Hawkins, and more). The economy here is very strong and does not rely on any one industry or company for the majority of its fortunes.

A strong indicator for air travel demand (to me) is that the weekly UA E-fares almost never have OMA on the list because the UA planes are almost always full anyways. Also people in very close proximity to SUX, LNK, DSM, and others continue to drive to OMA to fly since Eppley is a small but very efficient airport with reasonable fares (WN is here). Passenger movement increases are very strong but can't find the specific numbers at the moment.

IMHO after 25 years of residence in OMA.

FightingIllini
, should you expect to find yourself in OMA anytime soon, PM me for a tour and a beverage of your choice on me.
Old Jun 17, 2005, 7:08 am

Programs: UA Plat, Marriott Plat
Thumbs up

FightingIllini
, should you expect to find yourself in OMA anytime soon, PM me for a tour and a beverage of your choice on me.
Thanks for all the info and the offer Jim! There is a large FT contingent here that often gets together for food and drinks. Check us out in your next trip to Chicago.
Old May 5, 2006, 4:56 am

0.5 EQS question?

I received 0.5 EQS in my latest statement. I'm not sure what this is for. Can someone please shed light on it?

TIA
Old May 5, 2006, 5:11 am

Programs: GS, 3 MM, Hilton Diamond
If your fare basis qualified for a 50% eqm or eqs (B,Y, C, D, A, F) MP credited you with 50% eqm and 50% eqs (elite qualifying segments).
Old May 5, 2006, 5:21 am

thanks - I'll check that.

My last flight was cancelled and they put us on a USAir flight. could it be from that?
Old May 5, 2006, 5:35 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, TK Gold
Originally Posted by Arishap

My last flight was cancelled and they put us on a USAir flight. could it be from that?

Most rebooking on other airlines are on Y class (if you started in economy).
Old May 5, 2006, 6:47 am

Programs: UAL
Originally Posted by Arishap

Yep, you only get half a segment for flying USScare because it's such a half-***** airline.
Old May 5, 2006, 7:23 am

Programs: UA Premier Platinum 1MM, HH Diamond
I had a domestic flight last year where they switched planes at the last minute, and my upgrade to F (2-class plane) had already cleared. The computer put me in C, but didn't take my 500-milers. However, when the flight posted on my account, UA had credited it as if I had booked into C, so I got 1.5 EQSs (and EQMs) for the flight...
Old Jun 22, 2006, 5:15 pm
Original Member, Moderator: Hotel Deals and MilesBuzz

.5 EQS added to my account

I just noticed a half EQS was added to my MP account. Was this due to a missed connecting flight and being put in Y class on the rescheduled flight?
Old Jun 22, 2006, 5:22 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Possibly. You get the EQS for any First Class (F,P,A), Business Class (C,D,Z) or full-fare Coach (Y,B) ticket. Missed connections and other irregular ops often get booked into revenue full-fare buckets.
Old Jun 22, 2006, 10:04 pm

Programs: UA 1MM, AA1MM PLTPRO, Hertz PC, National EXC, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton/Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum
Ah, I got that too, and couldn't figure out why...flight on Monday DCA-DEN was delayed, so I moseyed ($50-) later over to IAD to catch the 9:40pm later, today noticed .5 extra eqs...I'm not complaining...just hope they don't dissapear...did miss my cnxn. in EGE, too.
Old Jun 22, 2006, 11:09 pm

You'll probably get to keep 'em. UA signed an award ticket over to US for me two months ago, and US booked me in Y. Got 1.5 EQS for the award flight

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.