Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > United Mileage Plus (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

Consolidated "Why Do I Have Half (.5) an EQS Credit for my Flight(s)" Thread [Merged]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Consolidated "Why Do I Have Half (.5) an EQS Credit for my Flight(s)" Thread [Merged]

Search this Thread

Old Nov 1, 2010, 6:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
Originally Posted by darksidesith
I just got rebooked in Y but F is Empty so no light in the end of the tunnel. My flight was canceled and I will most likely miss my connection as I have 8 mins in EWR to connect. I am going to ask the agent to put a note in my report when I check in.

SO Is the 50 Percent rebook an auto credit for miles and segments or do you have to play the phone tag game with UA?
When I've received the bonus EQS for being rebooked in Y, it always posts automatically. I have not had to fight with UA to get the credit..
Old Nov 3, 2010, 7:41 am

Programs: Hilton Silver, Best West Gold, United Gold
Thanks for the info.

Originally Posted by FriendlySkies
When I've received the bonus EQS for being rebooked in Y, it always posts automatically. I have not had to fight with UA to get the credit..
My first of three flights that got booked in Y posted to my account with no additional eqm or eqs. I will wait for all three to post and than hit up the UA phone lines to request credits if necessary. I always wonder if it makes a difference what level of Elite Status you have.
Old Nov 3, 2010, 9:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
My first of three flights that got booked in Y posted to my account with no additional eqm or eqs. I will wait for all three to post and than hit up the UA phone lines to request credits if necessary. I always wonder if it makes a difference what level of Elite Status you have.
I was only a 2P when it last happened to me, so that should not matter...
Old Nov 3, 2010, 11:23 am
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
you are only eligible for the fare class you booked -- the factor in an irrop you get rebook into Y does not change that. It has been a nice bonus that we have received the bonus but it is not an entitlement and there is no reason to complain if you don't receive it.

Additionally it will take up to a couple of days for the bonus to post.
Old Nov 6, 2010, 11:44 am
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by dfreeman02
Do we know that Y rebooking is not standard procedure? I can't recall an occasion where I *wasn't* rebooked in Y.
It used to be like that, especially when I was flying US under my UA number. However, this year I VDBed and neither of my new flights were rebooked in Y. Wish they were, I might have picked up an UDU I just missed.
Old Nov 6, 2010, 12:01 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
I finally got my first Y rebooking last weekend. Of course, it was only 500-mile minimum segment...
Old May 10, 2011, 10:44 pm

Programs: AA, NEI, HHonors
1/2 segment?

I logged into my account tonight, and since March 22nd, I have 20.5 segments.

I'm curious to know...how do I have a half of a segment? I think it'd be a little bit difficult to just walk out of the plane mid-flight.... *rolls eyes*

Also, I'm still a little bitter about the lack of a challenge program, but, that's another story for another day.
Old May 10, 2011, 10:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by imroot
I logged into my account tonight, and since March 22nd, I have 20.5 segments.

I'm curious to know...how do I have a half of a segment? I think it'd be a little bit difficult to just walk out of the plane mid-flight.... *rolls eyes*

Also, I'm still a little bitter about the lack of a challenge program, but, that's another story for another day.
It is a fare bonus.

If you got rebooked due to IRROPS, or had a full fare F or Y ticket you get an extra half segment.
Old May 10, 2011, 10:56 pm

Programs: AA, NEI, HHonors
Ahh.

I was VDB'ed because of weight restriction (company pays for my RCC membership, so I just spent 3 more hours in the RCC). That's where this must have came from.

Thanks for the info!
Old May 11, 2011, 10:41 am
Suspended

It has happened several times to me when I get on an earlier flight and gate agent switches fare code to Y - it is a nice to be lucky sometimes
Old May 11, 2011, 12:54 pm

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
I'm proudly sitting on 27.5 EQS on the year
Old Nov 19, 2012, 8:09 am

Programs: CO Platinum, Starwood Platinum, Hilton Honors Diamond
I know why I have .5 Segments, but was curious if someone knows if they round up? I am sitting at 59.5 segments, so for obvious reasons, I hope they round up to 60. Does anyone know?
Old Nov 19, 2012, 9:28 am
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by UTmilktoast
I know why I have .5 Segments, but was curious if someone knows if they round up? I am sitting at 59.5 segments, so for obvious reasons, I hope they round up to 60. Does anyone know?
Have no answer and do not believe anyone here can accurately predict what will happen this year since everything is "new". Suggest you call MP SC (not reservations) and ask -- unless you get a definitive answer ask for a supervisor.

Wold nice nice if you can post back on FT UA Forum the response.
Old Nov 19, 2012, 4:01 pm
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz

Programs: Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Exec Elite
I would try to get something in writing.... Perhaps via the Mileage Plus Elite fax line?
Old Nov 20, 2012, 12:42 pm

I'm currently at 28.5 EQS with two more segments booked. I have the .5 from a glitch back in February when an upgraded flight rebooked into Z. I'm actually hoping they'll catch the mistake so I can end the year at exactly 30.5 EQS

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.