Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > United Mileage Plus (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

new? phone survey after speaking with 1k rez [merged threads]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 16, 2007, 9:10 am
Moderator: Smoking Lounge; FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Lifetime (for now) Gold MM, HH Gold, Giving Tootsie Pops to UA employees, & a retired hockey goalie

just called 1k rez to check on the status of a w/l'd u/g and after giving hal my info, he asked "i have just one more question-would you like to participate in a brief survey after you speak with an agent "about the service you rec'd.'

i said yes and was asked the following:

on a scale of 1-5 with 5 being the best (or something similar).....
  • how satisfied were you with the answer to your question
  • how knowledgeable was the agent
  • would you recommend untied to your friends.

when i finished with the agent, i asked her not to forget to send me to the survey and she didn't know about it but when she disconnected from me i was automatically placed into the survey.
Old Nov 16, 2007, 10:01 am

Programs: UA GS
For the sake of those who are routed to the ICC, I really hope that the surveys are being done there as well. Would seem silly to only have surveys on the quality of the 1k/GS crew and not the underachievers.

Tim
Old Nov 16, 2007, 11:13 am

Programs: United Premier 1K
Got this as well as a 1P.
Old Nov 16, 2007, 3:37 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Lifetime (for now) Gold MM, HH Gold, Giving Tootsie Pops to UA employees, & a retired hockey goalie
and to add, about 30 minutes after the call, i also rec'd an e-mail from ua asking me to take an on-line suvey about my experience (n.b. the survey was geared more towards calling customer relations and iirc, i've rec'd similar e-mails in the past)
Old Dec 6, 2007, 4:50 pm

Programs: UA Gold MM, AA EXP, Delta Platinum, Marriott Titanium, HHonors Diamond, Natl EE, Hertz Platinum
Customer Service Survey on 1K calls

The last two calls I've had to the 1K desk, HAL has offered me to take a survey after the call. It's a quick, easy 3-4 question survey about my satisfaction with the process and the rep.

After my last call (which went very well actually!), we said good-bye and I wished her a merry Christmas. She didn't hang up the phone but kept the line engaged! Since I was on speaker phone, I just put it on mute and let it sit there. It was pretty clear she was waiting for me to hang up as I could hear background chatter from the call center. About five minutes elapsed and she eventually hung up her end of the line and I moved into the survey.

There really should be a way for the customer to get around this! Particularly if there is a bad call, there is no incentive for the agent ever to hang up the phone and access the survey! At that point it just becomes a matter of will and patience.

Overall, I'm glad they're doing these though.
Old Dec 6, 2007, 5:10 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA 1K (until it expires then never again), *wood Plat, Marriott Gold
That happened on my last call, was just dead air and I waited about a minute but the agent never hung up. Dumb thing is the agent was great, so I don't know why she wouldn't want me to do the survey.

5 minutes, wow you're more patient than I, if the call was bad I'd wait but I have better things to do otherwise.
Old Dec 6, 2007, 5:14 pm

Programs: United 1K, 1.6MM
My experience with this:

I did one of these last week. I had a less than amicable call and when she hung up it was automatically routed to their survey. Took the survey, which took a couple minutes, and then hung up.
Old Dec 6, 2007, 5:35 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM, RCC, PreChk , Hertz 5* Gold, HH Silver, SPG Gold thx to Amex Plat
A couple of days ago, I had to call 1P twice to arrange for confirmed UGs using miles on two itins. On the first call, the 1P agent hung up as soon as we were done. The second call, the agent didn't immediately release the call and after about 10 seconds, she said something like, "was there something else I can help you with". I said "no, just waiting for the survey to start". So she said OK, and hung up.

Both times, each agent got all 5s.^

It was in stark contrast to the call to .bomb web "support". I was having problems applying an e-cert discount to an online purchase. The ICC agent took down the rec loc and e-cert #, and confirmed the purchase. I checked my itineraries, and sure enough, the e-cert discount wasn't applied (even after he said he did). Called a second time, and another agent managed to get it done correctly. I wish a survey was available then, and it would've been.
Old Dec 6, 2007, 5:57 pm

Programs: United: LifetimeGold, Marriott: Lifetime Titanium, Hyatt:Globalist, Hilton:Diamond, IHG:Diamond
I have called 1K desk a few times past few days but was never ask for survey, any reason for that?
Old Dec 6, 2007, 6:09 pm
In memoriam

Programs: Kimpton IC, Hyatt Diamond, Gold Marriott, Lifetime Platinum Starwood
Originally Posted by yang1980
I have called 1K desk a few times past few days but was never ask for survey, any reason for that?
they're random
Old Dec 6, 2007, 8:47 pm
Original Poster

happened to me as well over here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=757887

can the moderators combine?
Old Dec 6, 2007, 9:23 pm

Programs: UA, AA, WN; HH, MR, IHG
Originally Posted by ryan182
Dumb thing is the agent was great, so I don't know why she wouldn't want me to do the survey.
I don't think it's that she wouldn't want you to do the survey, but rather: (1) The surveys are randomly-selected - not everyone gets one, so she may not have known you were waiting for it; and/or (2) phone agents are very often taught not to hang up first, even if the customer says "goodbye," because sometimes the customer remembers something at the last minute... if the agent has hung up, it's too late. It may well be that UA has specifically asked/trained its CSRs to wait for the customer to hang up first. Obviously, that doesn't work well with a survey that requires customers to not hang up...
Old Dec 6, 2007, 9:30 pm

Programs: United: LifetimeGold, Marriott: Lifetime Titanium, Hyatt:Globalist, Hilton:Diamond, IHG:Diamond
The agent hang up quickly after all my recently calls although I wasn't asked for take survey once. Otherwise, I would give a bad feedback to the agent I called the first time I become 1K.
Old Dec 6, 2007, 9:35 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA 1K (until it expires then never again), *wood Plat, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by cepheid
I don't think it's that she wouldn't want you to do the survey, but rather: (1) The surveys are randomly-selected - not everyone gets one, so she may not have known you were waiting for it; and/or (2) phone agents are very often taught not to hang up first, even if the customer says "goodbye," because sometimes the customer remembers something at the last minute... if the agent has hung up, it's too late. It may well be that UA has specifically asked/trained its CSRs to wait for the customer to hang up first. Obviously, that doesn't work well with a survey that requires customers to not hang up...
Huh, I hadn't thought of that, could be.
Old Dec 6, 2007, 11:26 pm

Programs: The opinions expressed here are mine alone and do not necessarily reflect the airlines I worked for.
Originally Posted by ryan182
Huh, I hadn't thought of that, could be.
Not if they are administering auto-surveys now. Think about it - such a policy wouldn't allow anyone to take the survey.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.