Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > United Mileage Plus (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

It's Official, UA952 New Premium Cabin Inaugural -- Nov. 19, 2007

Old Nov 16, 2007, 8:57 am
In memoriam
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K 1.9MM, Starwood Platinum, a nothing in several others

My divination program knew the date for sure once I added the Magic8Ball() function . This was just confirmed by a phone call from UA. The new premium class cabin inaugural will be UA952 IAD-FRA on Monday, Nov 19, 2007. I am booked in C on the way over with an immediate return on UA953 in F. The placeholder below is for links to web pages where I will be posting pictures and video clips from the inaugural party, gate and from the plane up until the point that the electronics off announcement is made. I hope to have additional pictures and/or video to put on the web when I arrive in FRA. Else it will have to wait until I arrive back in IAD or ORD.

Any general discussions of the new cabin should be in The Consolidated New Business Class Seat (Photos, Info, and Rollout) Thread [Merged]

Also please keep emails and PMs to me to a minimum. My FT inbox is almost full. If your questions are of a public nature please post them here and I will answers if I can. Remember that I am customer, not a UA employee and do not have access to a lot of the details. Most of my answers will come from publicly available sources. For example, I do not know the details of why it was delayed so long.

Last edited by gfowler-ord-1k; Nov 16, 2007 at 10:07 am
Old Nov 16, 2007, 8:58 am
In memoriam
Original Poster

Links to pics and videos can be found at http://genefowler.com/travel/airline...mium_Inaugural

Last edited by gfowler-ord-1k; Oct 4, 2008 at 7:14 am
Old Nov 16, 2007, 8:58 am

Good luck gfowler! Hopefully, this one goes off without a hitch!
Old Nov 16, 2007, 9:06 am

Programs: UA/MAR
Nice... I imagine the plane will turn and go back to IAD the following day, which means I miss it by 4 days. But that does mean that I will for sure be adding FRA stopovers to my December BRU trip.
Old Nov 16, 2007, 9:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Million Mile Nobody, Marriott Platinum Elite, SPG Gold
Given whatever problems caused the delays, I would assume the plane may be pulled for a few days for inspection following the first round trip.
Old Nov 16, 2007, 9:11 am

GRRRR I'm on 916 that day!!

*Crosses fingers for return flight*
Old Nov 16, 2007, 9:19 am
In memoriam
Original Poster

Originally Posted by thelark
GRRRR I'm on 916 that day!!
Change if you can. UA952 is F5 R0 X5 C6 D6 O1 I1
Old Nov 16, 2007, 9:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Nah.
Originally Posted by gfowler-ord-1k
Change if you can. UA952 is F5 R0 X5 C6 D6 O1 I1
It strikes me as pretty funny that UA has 5 F seats for sale and 5 NF seats available too. High expectations for their new product!

Congrats on getting on the inaugural, gfowler! ^ Looking forward to the report.
Old Nov 16, 2007, 9:36 am
In memoriam
Original Poster

Originally Posted by qasr
It strikes me as pretty funny that UA has 5 F seats for sale and 5 NF seats available too. High expectations for their new product!
Nov 22-25 is the US Thanksgiving holiday and business travel will be way down early in the week. The announcement has been public info only for about an hour so there has not been much time for people make reservations. I expect it will be F0 before takeoff.
Congrats on getting on the inaugural, gfowler! ^ Looking forward to the report.
Thanks, I am already working on the report template and website.
Old Nov 16, 2007, 9:36 am

Programs: Delta GM, Holiday Inn Gold, Marriott Silver
Does anyone know if the planes are being retrofitted in series or parallel? In other words, does one plane have to finish before another is started. Or, is the entire batch done at once, released and another batch placed in the queue?

Have a nice day!
Old Nov 16, 2007, 9:38 am
Suspended

My divination program knew the date for sure once I added the Magic8Ball() function. This was just confirmed by a phone call from UA. The new premium class cabin inaugural will be UA952 IAD-FRA on Monday, Nov 19, 2007. I am booked in C on the way over with an immediate return on UA953 in F. The placeholder below is for links to web pages where I will be posting pictures and video clips from the inaugural party, gate and from the plane up until the point that the electronics off announcement is made. I hope to have additional pictures and/or video to put on the web when I arrive in FRA. Else it will have to wait until I arrive back in IAD or ORD.
Did you pay full r/t miles for F in standard?
Old Nov 16, 2007, 9:38 am

Programs: UA 1MM/1K, HH Diamond
The weird thing is that for 952, the seatmap shows the new config in C but clearly the old in F. Half a refurb?

953 is zeroed out in F and C. Even Y has no seats available for assignment.
Old Nov 16, 2007, 9:41 am
In memoriam
Original Poster

Originally Posted by BenjaminNYC
Did you pay full r/t miles for F in standard?
Miles were taken out of my account for an F award. I could have taken F in both directions but it was my choice to take C on the outbound so as to experience both.
Old Nov 16, 2007, 9:42 am

Programs: UA Gold MM, AA Gold MM, Marriott Plat LT, HH Gold, IHG Plat, WoH Discvst, Hertz PC
Will the aircraft be doing a revenue segment or two getting to IAD for its Monday departure???
Old Nov 16, 2007, 9:44 am
Ari
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Miles were taken out of my account for an F award. I could have taken F in both directions but it was my choice to take C on the outbound so as to experience both.
Thanks for taking a hit for the team. ^

I would have just gone back and offered my F seat to someone in C for landing.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.