Wiki Posts
Search

change ticket before departure?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 1, 2007, 11:41 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1p, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Diamond, Marriott Silver
change ticket before departure?

I just had an aweful time before departure at airport, where I found that neither Easy checkin machine and agent could find my reservation. Then I realized that I booked the ticket for a wrong time, and I have to pay the expensive ticked price plus ticket change fee which is 881 in total.

I feld bad but I understand that it's my own oversight. My question is that I used 100 off United goodwill E-certificate to purchase my original ticket, but when I changed that ticket at the counter this part of $100 coupon value is not counted again for the new ticket.

I don't quite understand how the rules for changing ticket is like, and I didn't have time to ask the ticketing agent about this for there is not enough time left at that time. But is it possible at all for me to have the $100 back? I am still suffering the pain of paying almost 900 bucks for a ticket which is around 300 normally.

Any info is very appreciated.
Old Oct 2, 2007, 12:05 am

Programs: UA, AA, WN; HH, MR, IHG
Unfortunately, e-certificates are non-refundable. They are a discount, not a form of payment, and as such they reduce the price of your original ticket... meaning you had $100 less in residual value to use for your new ticket.

You could certainly write in and ask for pity, and they may very well grant it, but the official policy is that the e-cert is nonrefundable.

When you say you booked the ticket for the wrong time, I assume you also mean the wrong day? If it was just the wrong time you probably could have gone standby or used the $50 confirmed same-day flight change... if it were a different day, that's another matter, although on occasion agents have been known to take pity and allow standby anyway.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.