Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > United Mileage Plus (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

Seeking a few spare Gold/Silver heavy stock boarding jackets

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 13, 2007, 12:52 pm
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz
Original Poster

Programs: Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Exec Elite

With the moderators' permission I am posting....

I could use a few of the Gold/Silver heavy or semi-heavy stock boarding jackets. Used is fine. If you have any to spare, PM me for address. These would be for personal/family use

Mahalo for your kokua!
Old Sep 13, 2007, 12:57 pm

Programs: UA 1K, HH Gold, Mariott Gold
not gold or silver....
http://cgi.ebay.com/5-VINTAGE-UNITED...QQcmdZViewItem

I just saw a stack gold jackets "unattended" at C10 at LGA this weekend.
Old Sep 13, 2007, 12:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 2MM/GS; SPG Lifetime Plat; MHC Lifetime; Tar Heel forever; and I "Dig the Pig" at Piggly Wiggly
Too bad....before packing Labor Day weekend, I cleaned out all my suitcases and carry-on bags, and probably trashed about 25 of the gold ones.

sorry..............
Old Sep 13, 2007, 1:48 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA 1K (until it expires then never again), *wood Plat, Marriott Gold
OK, I'll bite. Why?
Old Sep 13, 2007, 1:53 pm
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz
Original Poster

Fair question.

Because with all the papers -- boarding passes, itins, hotel confirmations, etc., etc., that I organize my trips with (and organize Mrs. cblaisd's for her) it's really nice to have something that doesn't fall apart after you open it three times.

I am also a little OCD about my travel habits in this regard. I always put all my "papers" in the exact order they will be used. Then, as I board a flight and have been seated, I carefully move the now-no-longer-latest piece of paper to the back, so that the next piece (bp, hotel confirmation, car confirmation, etc.) is showing its shining face. And this jacket is always carried in my left-hand breast pocket. Nowhere else.

A little OCD.
Old Sep 14, 2007, 2:45 am

Programs: Mileage Plus 1.78MM, AAdvantage, Skymiles
Originally Posted by cblaisd

I am also a little OCD about my travel habits in this regard. I always put all my "papers" in the exact order they will be used. Then, as I board a flight and have been seated, I carefully move the now-no-longer-latest piece of paper to the back, so that the next piece (bp, hotel confirmation, car confirmation, etc.) is showing its shining face. And this jacket is always carried in my left-hand breast pocket. Nowhere else.

A little OCD.
Actually that’s pretty good. I do a variation of this with my paper currency when traveling in, shall we say, “less safe” parts of the world. I figure out what my expenses will be and in what order, and then I arrange my paper money accordingly, with the next bill(s) to be used on the bottom, then fold the stack so the bottom bill is on the outside and put it in my pocket. Then when it’s time to pay for the next expense, I reach into my pocket and take out the next bill without taking out the entire wad of cash in full public view. I know what you’re thinking...how smart is it to have cash in your pocket when you’re in a “less safe” part of the world? You just have to have a tailor who understands your needs.

Back on topic, I have one sturdy gold boarding pass holder, which I would be happy to leave for you in my will....
Old Sep 24, 2010, 10:48 pm
Original Poster

My supply has run out, tattered and torn.

Anyone have some used heavy stock ones they might be willing to part with?
Old Sep 24, 2010, 11:04 pm

Programs: COdbaUA Platinum 2MM
I have two gold.
Old Sep 25, 2010, 7:16 am

Programs: AA EXP MM, HHonors Lifetime Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Ti, UA Silver

They keep a stack of gold jackets by the easy chickens at the PHL ticket counter. I won't be near there for a 2 weeks though.

Last edited by PHLGovFlyer; Sep 25, 2010 at 7:26 am
Old Sep 25, 2010, 7:39 am

I have TEN that I can let you have.
Old Sep 25, 2010, 8:12 am
Original Poster

You have mail
Old Sep 25, 2010, 11:22 am

Programs: COdbaUA Platinum 2MM
Originally Posted by PHLGovFlyer
They keep a stack of gold jackets by the easy chickens at the PHL ticket counter. I won't be near there for a 2 weeks though.
Are you sure they are the old thicker stock? Most of jackets we receive today are thinner than the old ones.
Old Sep 25, 2010, 4:57 pm

Programs: AA EXP MM, HHonors Lifetime Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Ti, UA Silver
Originally Posted by 1KChinito
Are you sure they are the old thicker stock? Most of jackets we receive today are thinner than the old ones.
Now that you mention it, they may be the thin ones

I don't use them so I couldn't tell.
Old Sep 25, 2010, 7:38 pm

Location: IAD, and sometimes OMNI/PR. Currently: not far from IAD, but home will always be SAN (not far from the "touch my junk and I'll have you arrested" Memorial TSA Check Point) even if I'm not there so much these days.
Programs: UA, CO, Calcifer Award for Mad Haiku Skillz

Aaaaaugh! I threw one out the other day, saying to myself, "You have GOT to stop keeping this silly stuff!"
Old Sep 26, 2010, 7:33 am

Programs: UA/*A: Silver, AZ/ST: Silver, AB/OW: Silver, HHonors: Diamond, Hyatt: Platinum
I could use 1 or 2 as well! Is anyone content to part away with one? :-)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.