Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Lounge access in Rome [Merged]

Search this Thread

Old Aug 21, 2007, 5:38 am

Programs: UA GS/1K/MM, VA Gold, DL Gold
I've been invited to one of the contract lounges there before, but don't think I was flying UA - probably LH in economy. Was an early morning flight, and the lounge didn't open until 45mins before flight time IIRC. YMMV

Edited to correct - was BD to LHR

Last edited by wimpypipsqueak; Aug 21, 2007 at 5:51 am
Old Aug 21, 2007, 6:21 am
Suspended

No lounge for anyone but F pax. Nothing for C or *G. How pathetic.
Old Aug 21, 2007, 6:28 am

Programs: UA 1K in training
Originally Posted by wimpypipsqueak
I've been invited to one of the contract lounges there before, but don't think I was flying UA - probably LH in economy. Was an early morning flight, and the lounge didn't open until 45mins before flight time IIRC. YMMV

Edited to correct - was BD to LHR
Yep, as I pointed out above, the contract lounges are available for just about every other *A carrier.
Old Aug 21, 2007, 12:03 pm

Programs: Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by BenjaminNYC
No lounge for anyone but F pax. Nothing for C or *G. How pathetic.
Is there any arrivals lounge, day hotel, etc. for F pax coming in from IAD?
Old Aug 22, 2007, 4:14 am

Programs: UA 1K, 1MM
There is this one, but unfortunately located in the Schengen area, which means you may have trouble to go there in connection with a UA flight:
http://www.loungeguide.net/wiki/u/Ro...dent_I_Mosaici
Old Aug 31, 2007, 1:58 pm

Thanks. Your right, it doesn't look like it will work for a United flight.
Old Aug 31, 2007, 3:02 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM, AA EXP, BA Silver, Marriott Plat., Hertz Pres. Circle, Avis First
Do you have priority pass? It looks like they have two lounges in their network, one in the Schengen area and one in the international departures area. Both have showers. You could always pull the trick with a refundable onward ticket that you cancel once you get to the lounge and use the shower...
Old Sep 4, 2007, 8:00 am

I don't have priority pass. Guess I'll just have to wing it.
Old Sep 4, 2007, 8:29 am

Programs: AS MVP 100K, UA PremEx-MM
We transited Rome last month (UA966 from IAD, then on LH to MUC and then LHR). We did not have our LH boarding passes in hand as the transfer desk was not yet processing our MUC flight, but we showed up at the Mosaic lounge with *Gold cards (one 1K and one 1P) and itineraries.

It was a classic Italian response: "It is not possible - you must have your LH boarding passes." Then a series of phone calls, followed by a confab between the two agents, then a laborious review of the manual, then a meticulous entry of our info into the ledger. "It is an exception but you may enter today." With LH boarding passes in hand it would be much easier.

The Mosaic lounge itself is nothing special, but we enjoyed a couple of effortlessly excellent Italian cappuccinos (served from the fully-stocked bar) and some tasty croissants, plus bottled water. There are a couple of computers for internet access.

I don't know what the lounge situation for UA passengers bound for IAD as we came home via LHR.
Old Sep 19, 2007, 10:42 pm

Programs: UA PLAT. DL PLAT, AOPA, MUG CLUB AT ROCK BOTTOM
Question *gold Lounge In Rome?

Is there a *gold lounge in whatever terminal United flys outof?
Old Sep 19, 2007, 10:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

UA doesn't have a lounge at all at FCO, except for something contracted for F pax!
Old Sep 19, 2007, 10:47 pm

No contract lounge for C?
Old Sep 19, 2007, 10:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by alliance
No contract lounge for C?
Searching just "Rome" will bring up several threads concerning the issue. Nope, no C lounge.
Old Sep 19, 2007, 10:54 pm
TA

Programs: UA 1K MM
I don't know if flying UA will qualify, but in fact there is an LH contract lounge there, and even the LH website tells you that it is applicable for *A gold ticket holders. However I assume that at least on paper, it would mean that you should be allowed in there. Put there relevant info into this page and you'll see it. Although I have no experience with FCO and whether this is the same terminal, etc etc.

http://www.lufthansa.com/online/port...d=1649830&l=en

I've found this tool quite useful.
Old Sep 19, 2007, 11:48 pm

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by Kurt
We transited Rome last month (UA966 from IAD, then on LH to MUC and then LHR). We did not have our LH boarding passes in hand as the transfer desk was not yet processing our MUC flight, but we showed up at the Mosaic lounge with *Gold cards (one 1K and one 1P) and itineraries.

It was a classic Italian response: "It is not possible - you must have your LH boarding passes." Then a series of phone calls, followed by a confab between the two agents, then a laborious review of the manual, then a meticulous entry of our info into the ledger. "It is an exception but you may enter today." With LH boarding passes in hand it would be much easier.

The Mosaic lounge itself is nothing special, but we enjoyed a couple of effortlessly excellent Italian cappuccinos (served from the fully-stocked bar) and some tasty croissants, plus bottled water. There are a couple of computers for internet access.

I don't know what the lounge situation for UA passengers bound for IAD as we came home via LHR.
Yeah, I've been here with an LH boarding pass (usually FCO-FRA-ORD) but it really is nothing special, except to escape the chaos down below.

I've tried with UA but there are no conract lounges in the terminal tha UA uses -- besides, I have always just made it to the gate with just a few minutes to spare before boarding as the checkin and security are typically un organized so it just takes time to get to the gate anyway.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.