Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > United Mileage Plus (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

The Master "Youngest MP Elite Member" Thread [Merged]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Master "Youngest MP Elite Member" Thread [Merged]

Search this Thread

Old Mar 25, 2005, 9:23 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by wimpypipsqueak
I also like to sneak a look at the manifest so that I know how special I really am. What I can say is that there seem to be far more highers status pax than last year on your average flight.

I'd like to know if there are any young MMers or UGS....You can't get there by doing a few MRs, so would be indicative of some REAL travel.
Wimpy,

As I said above, I'm UGS at age 28, but I doubt I'm the youngest, by far. Anyone younger?
Old Mar 25, 2005, 10:17 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

What's the point? I guess some people will believe anything they read on here.
Old Mar 25, 2005, 10:18 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by izzik
Huh?
Old Mar 25, 2005, 10:22 pm

Programs: UA GS/1K/MM, VA Gold, DL Gold
Originally Posted by izzik
If there is no point, I suggest you pass your time somewhere else!
Old Mar 25, 2005, 10:26 pm
Suspended

Exactly!!! ^ ^ ^
Old Mar 25, 2005, 11:59 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA MM, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold, Hertz #1 Gold
Originally Posted by N227UA
I wonder how many minors(young) make their elite status by making money on their own. I assume that they are just lucky to meet wealthy parents and to be born in the country of freedom.
I don't really understand how being born in America affects the value of airline status. There are plenty of things that Americans can be grateful for, but I don't think being able to travel and gain status ranks very highly on the list.

As for the rest of your comments re: being "lucky" enough to have wealthy, divorced parents... that might be true for those who are under 21 (although I don't think earning status on an airline makes up for having divorced parents). I would suspect most flyers over 21 with status have gotten it due to their own (or their company's) money. Most (if not all) of the miles that went toward my 1k status are from business trips.

Regardless of how someone buys the tickets, I think all those hours being delayed in the airport or sitting on the tarmac deserve some recognition.

1Konsultant
Old Mar 26, 2005, 1:20 am

Programs: AA EXP UA 2KMM AMB
Smile

Originally Posted by N227UA
I'm not sure the purpose of this discussion, anyhow it seems to me that there are many lucky young elite members. I would say that being both young(minor) and 1K is not something to be pround of because perhaps they(most) fly by their parents' money.

I wonder how many minors(young) make their elite status by making money on their own. I assume that they are just lucky to meet wealthy parents and to be born in the country of freedom.
Well, N227UA, if you're young and have reached 1K through the "generosity" of you're parents, there's nothing wrong with that is there? I wouldn't mind my parents sending me on another mileage trip

But, I would probably say that in contrast, the real beauty of living in America is the fact that many opportunities are available here, enabling young people like me, to have the privilege to "make their elite status by making money on their own." I work hard, and I get to choose where I could spend my money. And I'm grateful for this!!

Like you, with school, work, and everything, 1P is great and I'm satisfied, but that 1K status (almost there with 85,000 mi) gives you something to look forward to.
Old Mar 26, 2005, 4:03 am

Deleted

Last edited by Tim2008; Mar 26, 2005 at 7:54 am
Old Mar 26, 2005, 4:43 am

Programs: UA 2MM Lifetime Plat, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
I'm the youngest 1K/AARP Member I think?

I paid the $12.50 annual fee myself too, without any help from my parents.

Old Mar 26, 2005, 6:35 am

Too late!
Old Mar 26, 2005, 6:38 am

Originally Posted by BenjaminNYC
Huh?
I guess I'll just volunteer the information as a 3rd party:

There are babies that have flown more revenue miles that you can shake a stick at. I have seen their passports and they make FA passports look uncluttered/unstamped. Think royalty.
Old Mar 26, 2005, 6:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH, UA, BD, AA, NW, FB, NH, AC, Sixt, Hertz, Avis, *W, HH, Marriott, PC, Leaders Club, AMEX
It's kind of revealing how these threads eventually always seem to turn into a "mine is bigger" contest...
Old Mar 26, 2005, 7:01 am

Programs: UA GS/1K/MM, VA Gold, DL Gold
Originally Posted by flysurfer
It's kind of revealing how these threads eventually always seem to turn into a "mine is bigger" contest...
LOL! But true.
Old Mar 26, 2005, 9:27 am

Programs: UA 1MM, AS MVPG, SPG/Marriott Gold
FWIW, I'm also 24 and a 1K. I've had some form of status since I was 20 (first AA, now UA), and now I'm addicted My mix was probably 80% lesiure/20% business last year. Needless to say I've gotten very comfortable with the "long weekend" transcontinental experience (it's a shame we don't have more directs from SEA!)...although I think I'm done with redeyes for a while.
Old Mar 26, 2005, 4:07 pm

Been a 1K for six years, age 28 now and close to MM -- still having fun flying the friendly skies

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.