Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Choices for mixed UA/Codeshare?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 18, 2007, 7:49 pm
Original Poster

Choices for mixed UA/Codeshare?

I booked a 100K award for me and Purewife PHX-FLL over Thanksgiving. I realized that if I was spending all those miles, it might be worth paying for airfare and using 100K choices instead. An all UA itin prices out to ~$650 each, so I'd still be paying $300 on top of the miles. However, a UA on the way there, and UA operated by US on the way back is just over $500 each. Could I use choices on that one?
Old Jul 19, 2007, 5:59 am
Original Poster

Anyone know?
Old Jul 19, 2007, 7:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I believe choices can only be used for UA, UX, and Ted metal operated flights.
Old Jul 19, 2007, 7:15 am

Programs: UA 1K, AS MPVG
I don't see anything in the T&C that addresses the issue directly, but this statement from the Choices main page implies that you can use Choices for flights operated by US, as long as you purchased the ticket on united.com.

You can redeem miles earned with your Mileage Plus Visa® for any open seat on any available United®, United Express® or Ted®, or Star Alliance flight when you purchase with your Mileage Plus Visa on united.com.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.