Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > United Mileage Plus (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

The Consolidated "Lounge Access in PEK (Beijing)" Thread

The Consolidated "Lounge Access in PEK (Beijing)" Thread

Old Jan 5, 2007, 5:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ua mm, aa plat, starriott LTPP, ihg plat, hh gold.
Originally Posted by transpac-canuck
Hint: To get into the F lounge, hand in your invitation, walk to the right into the C lounge, then cut through the cigarette smoking room and you're in the F lounge. Nobody will notice. And there are fewer people.
this is super, thanks for the tip! ^
i suspect you've made a lot of flyertalkers very happy.
Old Jun 21, 2007, 9:01 pm

Lounge access in Beijing?

I understand from this site (http://www.united.com/page/article/0,6722,1109,00.html) that UA dose not have a lounge in Beijing. However, is it possible to use an RCC pass in a partner lounge there?

Thanks.
Old Jun 21, 2007, 9:11 pm

Programs: UA 1K
RCC pass? I don't think so - you need to be a P1 or higher or flying in C or higher to access the lounge. I don't think partner lounge accepts or recognise RCC membership/pass
Old Jun 22, 2007, 2:33 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by jujube
RCC pass? I don't think so - you need to be a P1 or higher or flying in C or higher to access the lounge. I don't think partner lounge accepts or recognise RCC membership/pass
agree on this point. but, no need to feel down about it; with the exception of the free internet and unimpressive food/beverage selection, both of the lounges are unpleasent places. i suggest you keep your airport time as brief as possible; if you time things right, you'll be able to walk straight onto the plane after completing the check-in, immigration, and boarding circus.
Old Jun 22, 2007, 7:47 am

Programs: UA 1K (sob...former GS), Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by moondog
agree on this point. but, no need to feel down about it; with the exception of the free internet and unimpressive food/beverage selection, both of the lounges are unpleasent places. i suggest you keep your airport time as brief as possible; if you time things right, you'll be able to walk straight onto the plane after completing the check-in, immigration, and boarding circus.
Moondog is totally right on this - the lounges aren't that great...usually crowded and not anything great on offer.

And it really is a zoo at check-in and immigration....I had gotten a ride from my hotel to the airport and someone was there to meet us and help us through the madness....ended up adopting a bunch more folks who were milling about totally bewildered by the setup.
Old Jun 22, 2007, 8:09 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by DasKitty
Moondog is totally right on this - the lounges aren't that great...usually crowded and not anything great on offer.

And it really is a zoo at check-in and immigration....I had gotten a ride from my hotel to the airport and someone was there to meet us and help us through the madness....ended up adopting a bunch more folks who were milling about totally bewildered by the setup.
Just plan on turning your brain off for 20 minutes and everything will be hunky-dory. You should also take comfort in the fact that it is exceedingly difficult to miss a flight by being held up at immigration (you pretty much need to overstay your visa in order to pull this off).
Old Jun 22, 2007, 8:19 am

Programs: A3, AA, AC, AS, DL, NH, SQ, SK, UA; BW, CP, HH, IHG, MB
Originally Posted by jujube
Are you sure about this? I agree with you on the pass, but paid RCC members should have access to *A lounges right?
Old Jun 22, 2007, 8:30 am
DEN

Programs: UA 1K 2MM, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by travelwave
I understand from this site (http://www.united.com/page/article/0,6722,1109,00.html) that UA dose not have a lounge in Beijing. However, is it possible to use an RCC pass in a partner lounge there?

Thanks.
With a business class or better, I have always gotten access to the Air China or BGS lounge. Although neither are the best, I like the BG lounge better. Good selection of food and you get to play the Mystery Meal game The Chinese tend to follow the rules precisely, so I'm guessing that your RCC pass won't work. I'd make your case/plea at checkin and see if you can get a lounge pass where their english skills are better. You have nothing to lose.

LNK
Old Jun 22, 2007, 8:35 am
eap

Programs: AS MVP 75K, UA 1MM
As a *G, I was handed a pass at check-in valid at either lounge. I chose the BGS lounge (it looked empty), and found it fairly enjoyable. Not as nice as, say, ANA at NRT, but it wasn't bad. The food was fresh, plenty of fruit, and free wifi... which was all that really mattered for trying to waste an hour before a flight.
Old Jun 22, 2007, 8:46 am

Oops.. I assumed that there was a *A lounge (in which case, I think an RCC card would work but the pass still wouldn't) in PEK, but it looks like they're all contract lounges. I must've been thinking of PVG instead...
Old Jun 22, 2007, 8:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Nah.
Originally Posted by Tennen
Are you sure about this? I agree with you on the pass, but paid RCC members should have access to *A lounges right?
What *A lounge?

*G's travelling in Y probably get an invite just like C pax. But an RCC membership and/or pass... Probably not.
Old Jun 22, 2007, 9:39 am

Programs: UA 1K, PC Plat
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8100/4.2.0 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/100 UP.Browser/5.0.3.3)

An RCC membership will get you into *A lounges if you are not *G. *G will get you into nicer lounges, but RCC will get you into a lounge.
Old Jun 22, 2007, 10:26 am

Programs: AMEX PLT, AA PPro, Spire AMB
An RCC card without *G at a non US/UA lounge is pretty much useless for use at other *A carriers I believe.

Only *G can access *A lounges (unless in C/F)

Originally Posted by treyrox
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8100/4.2.0 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/100 UP.Browser/5.0.3.3)

An RCC membership will get you into *A lounges if you are not *G. *G will get you into nicer lounges, but RCC will get you into a lounge.
Old Jun 22, 2007, 10:37 am

Originally Posted by qasr
What *A lounge?
I know, I know. Hence my post above yours.

Originally Posted by patchan8984
An RCC card without *G at a non US/UA lounge is pretty much useless for use at other *A carriers I believe.

Only *G can access *A lounges (unless in C/F)
FWIW, as a non-*G RCC member, I've used *A lounges before. I think that the "eligible paid members" include RCC and US Club (*A option) members. Oh, and AC MLC members (but I think that they only have access to a few RCCs and LH lounges) and perhaps NZ Koru Club members too?
From *A website (emphasis mine) http://www.staralliance.com/en/trave...s/lounges.html
Eligible Guests
Any guest of an eligible customer (International First, Star Alliance Gold card holders, and eligible paid member) must enter the designated lounge with the eligible customer. The guest must also depart on a Star Alliance carrier, but may travel on a different flight.
Old Sep 13, 2007, 2:14 pm

Programs: AA ExPlat, UA 1MM Gold, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat, HH Gold
Originally Posted by Tennen
I know, I know. Hence my post above yours.

FWIW, as a non-*G RCC member, I've used *A lounges before. I think that the "eligible paid members" include RCC and US Club (*A option) members. Oh, and AC MLC members (but I think that they only have access to a few RCCs and LH lounges) and perhaps NZ Koru Club members too?
From *A website (emphasis mine) http://www.staralliance.com/en/trave...s/lounges.html
Just used the lounge (if you can call it that - even the soft-sleeper train lounges are nicer than this - even arguably the hard sleeper lounges!); any hope that when the new terminal opens there will be a true *A lounge and not these crappy contract lounges?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.