Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > United Mileage Plus (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

Consolidated "Bonus for Referring New Members to MP" Thread [Merged] (Updated 2010)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Consolidated "Bonus for Referring New Members to MP" Thread [Merged] (Updated 2010)

Search this Thread

Old Sep 24, 2007, 11:06 am

Programs: UA/MAR
Originally Posted by rosesplus
I signed up 3 people with this promotion, I didn't get miles for any of them and I'm sick of fighting with MP to get them.
I signed up my wife and son, and recieved miles for each of them.

Your rererrals need to fly a round trip, and not in the cheapest fare buckets either (but most are OK) before you get the bonus.
Old Sep 24, 2007, 11:29 am

Programs: 1K MMiler, Hertz 5*
Originally Posted by livitup
I signed up my wife and son, and recieved miles for each of them.

Your rererrals need to fly a round trip, and not in the cheapest fare buckets either (but most are OK) before you get the bonus.
How does B class SFO- SYD-SFO work for you?
Old Sep 24, 2007, 4:22 pm

Programs: UA, AA, WN; HH, MR, IHG
Other posters have provided the website, but note that searching for "referral bonus" or even just "referral" would have yielded at least a dozen threads asking this identical question.

Perhaps this should be added to the FAQ as well?
Old Sep 24, 2007, 6:38 pm

Originally Posted by cepheid
Other posters have provided the website, but note that searching for "referral bonus" or even just "referral" would have yielded at least a dozen threads asking this identical question.

Perhaps this should be added to the FAQ as well?
Good idea.
Old Dec 6, 2007, 2:50 pm

Referral bonus by Dec. 31 1000-5000 miles

Hey Boys and Girls,

I got one of the usual UA emails and noticed their plug to refer up to four friends to join MP. You'll get between 1000-5000 miles. While it may be hard to get the full 5000, since all four friends must fly by Jan. 10, you can at least get 1000 if they jon MP. Here's the link and fine print.

https://www.mpfriends.com/default.aspx?L=NAE

Terms and Conditions: Offer valid for Mileage Plus enrollment and paid, qualifying travel completed from January 10 through December 31, 2007. Sponsor may earn 250 miles once referral enrolls in Mileage Plus (up to four referrals) and an additional 1,000 miles after referral’s first roundtrip flight on United® United Express® or Ted(SM) (F, A, P, C, D, Z, Y, B, M, E, U, H, Q, V, W booking classes). Sponsor can earn a maximum of 5,000 miles. Referral receives 3,000 miles with Mileage Plus enrollment. Offer valid for qualifying, paid, published roundtrip fares. Offer not valid on the following fare types: United Economy® (S, T or L), Internet-only fares, companion, travel industry G class, contract, bulk, convention, tour conductor, children, family plan, government, group, military, senior citizen, student, youth, infant, tour basing, Round the World, Circle the Pacific, Visit USA or any nonpublished fares. Roundtrip travel is required. A roundtrip is defined as travel from an origin city to a destination city with return travel beginning in the outbound destination city back to the first origin city with all segments on United, United Express or Ted. Open jaw or circle trip itineraries do not qualify. E-Ticket® purchase is required. Valid only on flights operated by United, United Express and Ted and not on United-marketed code-share flights operated by other carriers. Referrals, who are not currently Mileage Plus members, may earn the bonus one time for a maximum of 3,000 bonus miles upon enrolling in the Mileage Plus program. To qualify for the bonus miles, enrollees must enroll in the Mileage Plus program within 30 days of the referral or by December 31, 2007, whichever comes earlier. Bonus is in addition to paid flight miles and any applicable elite and class-of-service bonuses. Qualifying flights must be credited to the Mileage Plus account in order to qualify for this offer. Offer not valid for employees of United, Mileage Plus or their affiliates. Bonus miles do not count toward elite status. Offer subject to change without notice. Other restrictions may apply. Miles accrued, awards issued and bonus miles are subject to the rules of the United Mileage Plus program. Please allow 6 to 8 weeks after completed qualifying activity for bonus miles to be posted to your Mileage Plus account. United, its subsidiaries, affiliates and agents are not responsible for any products and services of other participating companies and partners. The Mileage Plus Program, including accruals, awards and bonus miles offers, is subject to change without notice. Taxes and fees related to award travel are the responsibility of the passenger. United and Mileage Plus are registered service marks. For complete details about the Mileage Plus program, visit www.united.com/mileageplus. (MPG M07)
Old Dec 6, 2007, 3:00 pm

Programs: DL Gold ex DM, Marriott and Hilton Gold
thank you for the info.. this will come in very handy!
Old Dec 6, 2007, 3:29 pm

This is nothing new.
Old Dec 16, 2007, 9:41 am

Programs: UA Gold, Hyatt Platinum, Marriott Gold
Wink UA member referral bonus

Does anyone have a link to earn bonus miles for referring new members to UA???
Old Dec 16, 2007, 10:03 am

Programs: UA 1K
Here you go.

https://www.mpfriends.com/default.aspx?L=NAE
Old Dec 16, 2007, 2:05 pm

Programs: UA Gold, Hyatt Platinum, Marriott Gold
Talking

Thanks a bunch!
Old Dec 17, 2007, 1:56 am

Programs: AA EXP, BA Gold, UA LT-Gold, SPG Plat, HH Dia, Hyatt Dia, MR Gold
Referral for Mileage Plus

Do we still get referral bonus when I sign up someone for Mileage Plus?
I recall there used to be some bonus miles for every person referred.
Old Dec 17, 2007, 2:11 am

Programs: UA, AA, WN; HH, MR, IHG
Yes. Have you tried searching for "refer" and/or "referral" ? Someone else asked this exact question just a few hours ago.

mpfriends.com
Old Dec 17, 2007, 3:48 am
Moderator: Hawaii-based airlines & Hawai'i forums

Programs: NEXUS/Global Entry, Delta, United, Hyatt, IHG, Marriott, and Hertz
My, there were a lot of threads on this topic, weren't they?

I've taken all of the 2007 posts and consolidated them into this thread with a bit of cleanup here and there. Hope this helps!

FlyinHawaiian, Co-Moderator
United Mileage Plus Forum
Old Dec 17, 2007, 5:48 am

Programs: VA Gold, UA, SPG Gold, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Ambassador
There is a catch - I have already referred 4 friends earlier this year, so I am unable to refer again this year. I thought this must have been a new promo when it popped up here again.

Anyone know if UA would offer this again for next year? I am waiting to refer a relative who is flying next year.
Old Jan 4, 2008, 3:36 am

Programs: Velocity Platinum, UA MM
Recommending UA MP Membership

I'm trying to find out if there's still a promotion going whereby if a member introduces someone new to MP they are rewarded with a mileage bonus for their own account.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.