Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > United Mileage Plus (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

Can we no longer buy US tickets on UA site?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 3, 2007, 11:01 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL 1MM Diamond, UA Silver, AA Gold, Marriott Titanium, IHG Spire, Hyatt Globalist

Did a quick search and didn't see anything on this. On the UA site, there used to be a dropdown menu that would allow you to search for different Star Alliance carriers like USAirways. What happened to that? I liked being able to buy US flights with US flight numbers on the UA site (beats the terrible USAirways site!). Now it looks like only US flights with UA flight numbers (codeshares) are available.
Old Apr 3, 2007, 11:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

It's been discussed, but the answer is "no." Only UA flights combined with other carriers can be purchased since united.com was "enhanced."
Old Apr 3, 2007, 11:08 am

Yeah I was very disappointed that we are unable to do this now. I really liked to for hawaii interisland flights.
Old Apr 3, 2007, 11:13 am

Originally Posted by UNITED959
It's been discussed, but the answer is "no." Only UA flights combined with other carriers can be purchased since united.com was "enhanced."
Hey, at least the US site can take a Mileage Plus number at time of reservation now.
Old Apr 3, 2007, 11:18 am

Programs: UA Plat, 2MM
I believe at the bottom of the page for other options, you can check a box to check "Star Alliance" flights. I know I have had US come up on several itineraries. It does not allow you to list which Star Alliance, but all of them.
Old Apr 3, 2007, 11:33 am

Programs: UA
Originally Posted by MrLincoln
Hey, at least the US site can take a Mileage Plus number at time of reservation now.
US website does not even show any of their codeshare with their new reservation system...
Old Apr 3, 2007, 11:55 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL 1MM Diamond, UA Silver, AA Gold, Marriott Titanium, IHG Spire, Hyatt Globalist
thanks for the replies everyone...bummer!
Old Jun 4, 2007, 3:33 pm
Original Member

Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT, Hilton Diamond
this enhancement is really annoying. Expedia/Orbitz ends up issuing my codeshare ticket instead of UA or US websites.
Old Jun 4, 2007, 4:04 pm

Programs: UA 1K
I think you can get the operating carrier's flight number using multi-city bookings, but I'm sure this is heavily dependent on where you're going. I'm on UA 900 SFO-FRA and then LH 756 FRA-BOM booked via .bomb.

Edit: Nevermind, it doesn't look like you can get US flight numbers . LH works though.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.