Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > United Mileage Plus (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

Seemingly Missmatched Fare Basis Codes and Booking Class?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 5, 2006, 12:49 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA

Hi. Trying to book an itenerary ex Asia and I want it to be Y/B Miles upgradeable. However, certain legs are coming back with what seems to be mismatched Fare Basis Codes and booking class.

For example:
Class: Coach
Fare Basis Code:
VL07SG
Booking Class: B

And then another leg:
Fare Basis Code:
BLSGO1
Booking Class: V

Now, these are for short intra-asia hops on the iten, so in reality, if they are not upgradeable, it wont be the end of the world. But, my question is which of these (if either) is miles y/b upgradeable...or are they both. I believe it is the booking class which actually matters, but I want to double check.

Thanks as always.

RJ
Old Oct 5, 2006, 12:54 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Yes, it should be booking class, but you don't really provide enough information. Are these in the same direction, or opposite directions? I've seen mismatched basis codes and booking classes on award tickets when one direction contains both XF and XC (in which case the basis code has always been correct for the first leg), but I'm not sure if it's the same. Could you post your entire itinerary with basis codes and booking classes?
Old Oct 5, 2006, 1:06 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA
Don't laugh at the routing ... It was set up to confirm me as 1k for next year and has a little run to HKG in it...

United Airlines 896
Boeing 747-400
6:55 am depart SIN
10:30 am arrive HKG
stops: Non-stop
Fare Basis Code:
VL07SG

United Airlines 895
Boeing 747-400
8:00 pm depart HKG
11:45 pm arrive SIN
Fare Basis Code:
VL07SG

United Airlines 896
Boeing 747-400
6:55 am depart SIN
10:30 am arrive HKG
Fare Basis Code:
BLSGO1

United Airlines 858
Boeing 747-400
1:45 pm depart PVG
8:18 am arrive SFO
Fare Basis Code:
BLSGO1

The rest of the iten in just my stuff to get me home in the states and it is reserving into B class as I had expected so I didn't post it. Also, if you're curious to why the back/forth to HKG from SIN is on one iten, it is because it saves a couple hundred dollars doing it this way.

Thanks

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.