UA/NZ booking question

Search this Thread

Old Jul 31, 2006, 10:52 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: Indian Railways Wallah Program
UA/NZ booking question

I'm looking at booking LAX-PPT on NZ.

On the NZ website the cheapest fare shows up with a little notice 'no frequent flier accrual'. Looking at the booking code for the fare - H - that fare type should accrue 100% UA miles. Is it practice that it does accrue miles? Has anyone had difficulty or even experience with it?
Old Jul 31, 2006, 11:49 am

Programs: UA 1P-1MM, Marriott LT Titanium
No experience with this exact situation, but all MP accrual on *A carriers is subject to the actual operator of the flight. Thus, if NZ says you don't get miles, then you won't get MP miles for the flight. With that said, I'd be surprised if an H fare didn't count for miles. You can check out the *A forum for more info on mileage accrual among *A partners.
Old Jul 31, 2006, 3:14 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
The non-mileage earning booking classes on NZ are LGSKP (plus awards IX and industry travel NR).

H is a high economy booking class.
Old Jul 31, 2006, 6:59 pm

Programs: QF PS and spouse of QP Senior Lifer PS, UA, AA, DL, AS, AV
So the NZ website is "wrong".

The questions remain:
1. will the miles actually post?
2. what can you do about it if they do not post, having been warned by the website that they will not post?
Old Jul 31, 2006, 8:27 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

What do you mean wrong? Are you booking under NZ flight number or the UA codeshare? The above is valid for NZ flight number - UA codeshare may use other booking classes.
Old Jul 31, 2006, 9:07 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: Indian Railways Wallah Program
Originally Posted by Kiwi Flyer
What do you mean wrong? Are you booking under NZ flight number or the UA codeshare? The above is valid for NZ flight number - UA codeshare may use other booking classes.
Thank you for your answer Kiwi Flyer

My example was a flight being booked on the NZ website on NZ coded flights - the 'no ff accruals' only appeared for the return flight (12/31) when sorting by schedule - the next screen, when I clicked on fare class, displayed H and the same restrictions for both, so the sort by schedule screens note was 'wrong'

I guess the remaining question is: Does anything other than booking code determine eligibility? I sense the answer is no (excepting fiat)

Last edited by cj001f; Jul 31, 2006 at 9:12 pm
Old Jul 31, 2006, 10:04 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Originally Posted by cj001f
Thank you for your answer Kiwi Flyer

My example was a flight being booked on the NZ website on NZ coded flights - the 'no ff accruals' only appeared for the return flight (12/31) when sorting by schedule - the next screen, when I clicked on fare class, displayed H and the same restrictions for both, so the sort by schedule screens note was 'wrong'

I guess the remaining question is: Does anything other than booking code determine eligibility? I sense the answer is no (excepting fiat)
Okay now I understand. NZ website does have a bug (at least on some methods of booking - other methods work fine), in that if sectors bring back different booking classes the correct fare rules (and hence whether or not mileage earning) sometimes aren't brought back. If your booking was confirmed you should have been emailed a pdf which shows the booking class for each flight. From that you can then tell mileage earning on each leg (plus other conditions eg refunds, cancellations, change fees).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.