Community
Wiki Posts
Search

STA fares on Singapore Air

Search this Thread

Old Jul 14, 2006, 1:05 pm
Original Poster

STA fares on Singapore Air

I was denied United miles because Singapore agent said my STA fare is ineligible. Is that correct?
Old Jul 14, 2006, 1:08 pm

Programs: UA 1K 2.5MM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium Elite, Hilton Diamond
Probably. There are a lot of SQ fares that are not eligible for mileage accrual. In fact, if you have an itinerary that has even one segment booked with an ineligible fare, ALL segments in the itinerary are invalid.
Old Jul 14, 2006, 1:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

That could be correct - Singapore Airlines excludes certain lower booking classes. STA fares are student fares which are likely to be ineligible.
Old Jul 14, 2006, 1:32 pm

Programs: TK/SQ Gold, QR Plat, Marriott/Accor Plat, IC Dia Amb, HH Gold, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Lori_Q
There are a lot of SQ fares that are not eligible for mileage accrual. In fact, if you have an itinerary that has even one segment booked with an ineligible fare, ALL segments in the itinerary are invalid.
Correct on both points. Classes V, Q, G, N and T are the ones not eligible for mileage accrual on any program.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.