Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > United Mileage Plus (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

Anyone Try the Low Fat or Low Calorie Special Meals?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Anyone Try the Low Fat or Low Calorie Special Meals?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 1, 2007, 11:44 pm

Originally Posted by GoingAway
One down, my return is Saturday.

The meal from IAD was acceptable for me but I think others might have found it bland. It was a cooked chicken breast, spinach and orzo-ish/mushroom/onion mix (was not orzo but a similar small pasta that I am not familiar with) with a red sauce that tasted okay but I didn't use. Add salt/pepper to the pasta and the meal was pretty good. This came with a chocolate chip vegan cookie which was okay and a roll that was the only inedible thing on the tray. Both of those were individually wrapped in plastic.
I've had the Vegan Chocolate Chip cookie. FWIW, I thought it was awful.
Old Apr 1, 2007, 11:52 pm

Programs: lapsed UA 1K (now a lowly 2P), HGP Platinum
Originally Posted by UnitedSkies
Good for you for trying to stay on your diet. Takes real dedication! ^

But I wonder if it's not okay to just stray for a meal or two, just like if you were invited to dinner at a nice restaurant. It's not easy to order completely healthily. Sometimes you can reward yourself.
I'm all for straying and enjoying great food, but to splurge on airplane food?

(I see that AndrewSC beat me to this very response and by quite a few months. )

Last edited by robb; Apr 2, 2007 at 12:02 am
Old Apr 2, 2007, 12:01 am

Originally Posted by kevanyalowitz
Anyone ever tried low cal/low fat meals on 'snack' transcon flights in F? I am fling ORD-SEA this week leaving at 8:30p and it says 'snack'. Thanks!
I'm interested to hear the answer, too. But I'm guessing it will be the same miserable fruit and cheese plate as everyone else gets.
Old Apr 2, 2007, 12:07 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Originally Posted by robb
I'm guessing it will be the same miserable fruit and cheese plate as everyone else gets.
The responses above indicate otherwise.
Old Apr 2, 2007, 12:26 am

Originally Posted by mahasamatman
The responses above indicate otherwise.
Those responses are referring to p.s. flights. I don't think the same would necessarily apply to a midcon.
Old Apr 2, 2007, 12:34 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Originally Posted by robb
I don't think the same would necessarily apply to a midcon.
I see your point. (Though I also see that kevanyalowitz refers to ORD-SEA as a transcon...)
Old Apr 2, 2007, 1:00 am

I saw that, too. I don't think it would be considered a transcon (ORD-LAX is not catered as a transcon and it is only slightly shorter), but even if it were, I don't think catering would be consistent with p.s. catering.
Old Nov 29, 2009, 7:33 pm

Programs: UA MM | BA Silver
From this thread it sounds like low fat is the way to go on the PS red-eye. Is that still the consensus?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.