Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > United Mileage Plus (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

Consolidated Thread to Post Your UA Website Experiences/Complaints

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Consolidated Thread to Post Your UA Website Experiences/Complaints

Search this Thread

Old Oct 16, 2004, 2:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat 2MM. DL Plat, AS MVP
Originally Posted by UAMythbuster
Hey I everyone I work in Customer Service in Websupport for United.com and would be happy to answer any questions here...remember I am here on my own terms and not on United Airlines. So my opinions are my own and not nescesarily the opinions of United Airlines.... United airlines in no way is involved with what I say on this or any forum. I will gladly help you guys out as a person that knows allot about United Airlines, United.com and not as a customer service representative for United.com.
Welcome aboard. It's great to have your imput!

Zach
UA Moderator.
Old Oct 16, 2004, 6:09 pm

Programs: WWMFD
Thumbs up

UAMythbuster:

Welcome Aboard!

We've been waiting for you.
Old Oct 16, 2004, 6:51 pm

Originally Posted by ChgoBob
Welcome and thanks for participating! Before I call, does the "fix" apply to award itineraries? This is a handy way to check on any flight time or equipment changes a few months out, especially with partner airlines for any seat changes.

Also, is there any special place that you would want bugs or problems reported? When I try to point them out now, I usually get a canned response. (They are usually minor and deserve the canned response, but not always)
Ha...well this new site update is supposed to fix all of the award travel so if you are a traveler and your MP number is in your reservation you should be able to see it online...But if you bought an award ticket for someone else they would have to logon to there MP to see it....But with schedual changes you will eventually get a call by us or a computer system or an email saying to call and confirm the changes....

Well you can always report bugs with us at websupport. But what Frequent users of the site call bugs arent always bugs but ways to keep first time users to have the least amount of problems. But There is always bugs with anysite and we would be glad to report them if they have not already...just call 1-800-589-5582 and me or one of my happy coworkers would be happy to pass that on...

~
ATTN:I am posting on my own terms and not on United Airlines. So my opinions are my own and not nescesarily the opinions of United Airlines.... United Airlines in no way is involved with what I say on this or any forum. I will gladly help anyone out as a person that knows allot about United Airlines/United.com and not as a customer service representative for United.com. United Airlines is in no way responsible for what I post on this or any forum.

Last edited by UAMythbuster; Oct 16, 2004 at 7:08 pm
Old Oct 16, 2004, 7:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SF CA USA. I love large faceless corporations. And they cherish me in return (sometimes). ;)
Programs: UA Premier Gold/disappointed 1MM, HH Gold, IHG Plat, MB Gold, BW Diam Sel
Well, since we have an "unofficial" UA website expert here, any comment about the problem I reported in another thread? (I'm sure it's reported in other posts as well.)

Link to problem description:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showp...8&postcount=50

I suppose I should be grateful that the "request upgrade" feature even worked as well as it did with SWUs, but the lack of accounting for "reserved" upgrades on the e-upgrade summary makes me feel uneasy.
Old Oct 16, 2004, 11:34 pm

There is gonna be a new website that will hopefull be released early January but it might not be till summer 2005. This thing will be pretty cool hopefully, supposedly they are gonna fix allot of problems and give ALLOT of features to the site that you cant do on the web now....

~
[/I][/COLOR]
Please tell me that I will be able to change seat selections online? That is my final big gripe right now. I am forced to use AmEx for all of my company travel (I fly every week). I can finally make my upgrade requests online, but I have to call every week to get my exit row seats...

Randomman
Old Oct 17, 2004, 9:36 am

Originally Posted by KathyWdrf
Well, since we have an "unofficial" UA website expert here, any comment about the problem I reported in another thread? (I'm sure it's reported in other posts as well.)

Link to problem description:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showp...8&postcount=50

I suppose I should be grateful that the "request upgrade" feature even worked as well as it did with SWUs, but the lack of accounting for "reserved" upgrades on the e-upgrade summary makes me feel uneasy.
Weird problem, It sounds like maybe that upgrade went through possibly and the change hasnt been confirmed yet by you....but if you continually see that call us at 1-800-589-5582 so we can do a escalation on that for you or confirm your upgrade.

~
ATTN:I am posting on my own terms and not on United Airlines. So my opinions are my own and not nescesarily the opinions of United Airlines.... United Airlines in no way is involved with what I say on this or any forum. I will gladly help anyone out as a person that knows allot about United Airlines/United.com and not as a customer service representative for United.com. United Airlines is in no way responsible for what I post on this or any forum.
Old Oct 17, 2004, 9:49 am

Originally Posted by randomman
Please tell me that I will be able to change seat selections online? That is my final big gripe right now. I am forced to use AmEx for all of my company travel (I fly every week). I can finally make my upgrade requests online, but I have to call every week to get my exit row seats...

Randomman
We dont have any more information on that yet...And they keep even us in the dark untill just before its release... unless they need us to beta test... Because we dont have a direct line of communications to the programmers or anyone else internal to UA. so all escalations and such are funnelled through a person or 2 at my call center....But seat change is something that they know people want I am sure.
Old Oct 20, 2004, 10:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SF CA USA. I love large faceless corporations. And they cherish me in return (sometimes). ;)
Programs: UA Premier Gold/disappointed 1MM, HH Gold, IHG Plat, MB Gold, BW Diam Sel
Followup of my problem

To follow up on the problem I reported (also updated in the other thread):

I played around with this and it looks like it's user error on my part. I thought the "To" Date would refer to the date the SWUs were reserved, rather than the flight date. Silly me. When I changed the "To" date to a date after the November dates of the flights, the Reserved Upgrade Summary shows up.
Old Oct 21, 2004, 8:43 am

Location: Since the BoSox and ChiSox won it, now it is the Cubs turn to take the Series. Go Cubs Go!
And they keep even us in the dark untill just before its release... unless they need us to beta test.But seat change is something that they know people want I am sure.

UAMythbuster,

May I make a couple of suggestions of items that should be added to united.com award travel to enhance functionality. Currently, there is no way for someone to sponsor another person's upgrade with miles on the web site. Would it be possible for this to be added just as 1Ks can now sponsor E-Upgrades?

Also, would it be possible to do add a link in award travel for a direct search for upgrade inventory. Currently, one can only see this when one can find free tickets in coach, biz, or 1st that are available.
Old Oct 21, 2004, 9:56 am

Location: Los Angeles, CA USA UA Premier Plat , 1.24MM, AA EXP
My Itineraries has been down since last night...GRRR
Old Oct 21, 2004, 9:10 pm

Programs: Many
I'm trying to upgrade someone using CR1s, and the only "currency" that appears in the drop down box is Systemwide - Paper. I have CR1's in my bank available to use.

Not sure if its a factor, but the person I am upgrading had previously waitlisted themselves for upgrade.

Anyone have any insights?
Old Oct 21, 2004, 9:13 pm

Programs: UA Nobody (former 1K, 1P, 2P), QFF Nobody, Skywards Nobody
Well you can always report bugs with us at websupport. But what Frequent users of the site call bugs arent always bugs but ways to keep first time users to have the least amount of problems.
So the more you use the site the more problems you have.

I hope this is just your opinion of the site and not a reflection of how it was actually designed. Otherwise there is no hope at all for getting things fixed, as it won't be deemed to be broken.

Anyone ever heard of "novice mode" vs. "expert mode"? Sheeessh!

Last edited by BrisbanePE; Oct 21, 2004 at 9:14 pm Reason: typo
Old Oct 21, 2004, 9:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Nah.
Originally Posted by BrisbanePE
I have. The expert mode is still as broken as the novice mode though.
Old Oct 23, 2004, 11:33 am

Originally Posted by BrisbanePE
So the more you use the site the more problems you have.

I hope this is just your opinion of the site and not a reflection of how it was actually designed. Otherwise there is no hope at all for getting things fixed, as it won't be deemed to be broken.

Lol everything I say is opinions only....but as a person currently working to get a computer Science Bachelors degree..you cant make a website for Experts only because the computer illiterate and most all beginners it would never be able to use it. So most websites try to cover all of the bases....There is a way in the Upgrade profile area though to change your skill level to show that you are an expert. When you do this it basically it shows what the current availability is in each Seat class when you search for flights(ie: M, H, T, B...). Hope that helps you some.
Old Oct 23, 2004, 6:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Lightbulb If one "path" doesn't work, try another!

Originally Posted by Jimbo
My Itineraries has been down since last night...GRRR
Probably others have noticed this as well, but let me point out that sometimes, when you can't get into My Itineraries one way, you CAN get in another way.

For example, today I logged in on the home page and it brought up my mileage summary. I then clicked on "Home," "My itineraries," then "My itineraries" (as opposed to "united.com itineraries," as I wanted to see a couple of awards I had had to book by phone). I got an Error page. Ugh.

So, I tried a workaround. I logged out, went to the Home page, and clicked on "My itineraries," then "My itineraries." Got the login screen. Logged in. This time it worked!!! ^

I have replicated both these scenarios today, so it isn't just a one-time fluke.

Sometimes persistence, and trying different "paths," can pay off. @:-)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.