Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > United Mileage Plus (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

Old 767 International Seating Thread [Archived]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Old 767 International Seating Thread [Archived]

Search this Thread

Old Jan 27, 2005, 8:45 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UAL
Question Old 767 International Seating Thread [Archived]

Also, you can add that row 15 (seats A, B, F?, and G?) of the three-class 767-300 (767MZ) doesn't fully recline.

I had 15B on a 763 transcon about 9 months ago, IIRC. I think it was 191, IAD-LAX. I called up the 1P reservation line before the door closed and changed my seats on the same flight one month later from 15B to 16B.
Old Jan 27, 2005, 10:31 pm
In memoriam

Programs: UA, US, AS, Marriott, Radisson, Hilton
Nice work, C!

A couple things to add, if memory serves -
757 regular config, E+ row 13 has no window.

763 3-class - the F seats are comfy enough, but I wouldn't
say that they went particularly close to flat.

763 2-class - as I am much shorter than you, I don't find
row 1 too bad; but you might point out that the appointments
on this equipment tend to be pretty darn ratty - that bulkhead
monitor didn't work properly last time I flew on one, the seats
were threadbare, and if I had a footrest, it didn't work (I find
that 767 footrests in general tend not to work).

Cheers
ML
Old Jan 27, 2005, 10:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold, HH Diamond, National Emerald Executive, TSA Disparager Gold
Great work! They should make this sticky.

Looks like I got lucky getting 24B on IAD-ZRH. Won't have to upgrade ... unless I get lucky and EasyChicken offers me the chance for C.

Looks like I didn't pick any bad seats in F for my trip to Hawaii, as I'm on most of those planes you mentioned. We took middle row 3 in F on LAX-HNL on the 763.
Old Mar 9, 2005, 12:48 am

Programs: UA 1K, B9, AA, DL, WN
Originally Posted by SEA_Tigger
Boeing 767-300 Three-Class (767MZ)

BUSINESS CLASS

The Business Class seats on this plane are like those found on the 747-400 and 777-200. They are 19” wide, recline 150°, and have 55” of pitch. Seat controls are manual. In-seat entertainment consists of a 4” LCD display with nine channels of video. 10EF are supposedly 18” wide and are next to the galley, so they should be the seats of last resort. 5CD have tons of extra legroom, so are great for sleepers since people can walk around you without disturbing the seat.

Note – Seats 13AB and 14AB are actually crew rest seats, looking like normal Economy seats with legrests. They are usually not available, but you can ask for mid-cons/transcons at check-in to see if they are available.
I was in C on a 763 for an early-morning SFO-IAD flight a couple of weeks ago. Was glad to have the space to stretch out and sleep. Much to my delight, the seat seemed to recline forever - to nearly flat. Have the C seats on the 763 been upgraded or changed? It appeared to be the same old seat that it ever was, but not in the recline. Was I just too sleep-deprived to realize that it was the same seat as always?
Old Sep 29, 2005, 8:54 am

Programs: UA 1P
E+ seats not over the wing on the international 763

My wife has a strong preference for the window seat, and ideally without a wing obstructing the view. I prefer the legroom of E+, which sits over most of the wing on the international 763 (767MZ), but we'd obviously like to sit together.

SeatGuru's map of the international 763 shows the wing ending at row 20, with 21-24A and G being E+ window seats behind the wing. United.com's seat mapper shows the wing extending further back -- 21 and 22 are still on the wing, leaving 23 and 24 unobstructed.

So who is right? Does the wing end at row 20, or at row 22?

(Incidentally, the united.com and expedia.com seat mappers both show 24AB and 24FG as regular seating, and not premier seating, so these are presumably E+ seats that can be booked by non-premiers.)
Old Oct 12, 2005, 1:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Platinum, 1MM
On the three-class 763 International, how are the three middle bulkhead E+ 15CDE seats? They look to have full recline, but how is the legroom?

I usually try for 16AB/FG, but they are already taken.
Old Oct 12, 2005, 10:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bar Alliance Gold
Originally Posted by CApreppie
On the three-class 763 International, how are the three middle bulkhead E+ 15CDE seats? They look to have full recline, but how is the legroom?
On the two-class, they have decent room, so I'd like to think the three-class is the same, but I have not been in Y on a three-class 767 since 2003. Mind you, the space is nothing like Row 17 on the three-class 777.
Old Jan 30, 2006, 9:50 am

Programs: UAL 1K MM
Business 767

Do seats 5A and B in the three class 767 have extremely limited floor space or is it still decent space? I realize there's no underseat storage but I like not having anyone recline into me. Searguru doesnt seem to address the amount of floor space in these bulkhead seats.

As always,

Thanks
Old Jan 30, 2006, 10:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Platinum, 1MM
Originally Posted by hans
Business 767

Do seats 5A and B in the three class 767 have extremely limited floor space or is it still decent space? I realize there's no underseat storage but I like not having anyone recline into me. Searguru doesnt seem to address the amount of floor space in these bulkhead seats.

As always,

Thanks
There are not cutouts on the bulkhead, but there is enough room fully reclined to have a bag in front, like a simple carryon. You can get something out of the overhead bin when in flight and keep it on the floor.
Old Jan 30, 2006, 11:08 am

Programs: UA Premier Gold (1MM), AS MVP
767 3-class Int'l Row 16 - overhead equipment is on which side?

While this thread has been bumped up, I have a lingering question... I was lucky enough to score 16F ORD-GRU-ORD a while back, and was sitting in 16B for either GRU-GIG or vice versa. While the overhead bins are already pretty bad, I remember one side had overhead equipment which wiped out the bin space completely. I also remember I had the choice when I booked of either 16B or 16F, so it's something I'd like to know for the future.
Old Jan 30, 2006, 11:15 am

Originally Posted by kevinsac
Well, we just booked a P.S. mileage run in March (the month of triple miles); one-day turn around (actually, only 38 mins on the ground at JFK, upgraded to C with CR1s, seats 9A/B. It will be my first PS flight and I'm excited about it.

Only $290 SMF-LAX-JFK-SFO-SMF. Flight miles, plus 1K bonus, triple miles, plus Amenity double miles!
I would be concerned with the new UA rules re having to checkin 30 minutes ahead of departure. Your itn could be a bit tight to allow for this .
Perhaps you could get the return BPs issued at SMF to avoid this problem.
Old Mar 16, 2006, 3:30 pm

Programs: AS MVP, WN A-List+ UA Silver, HH <>, National EE, WoH Globalist
F seats on 3-class 767?

This hasn't been discussed in detail in this thread: what are these F seats really like? I just booked an F award for the summer, and one of my segments is LHR-IAD on this equip. Should I try to change to a different flight/equip so I can get into a suite? This will be my first roundtrip in Int'l F, and I want get get my miles worth! My outbound leg is IAD-CDG in 777 seat 2A, so I get the suite at least once...so I guess what I'm asking is: will 767 int'l F make me wish I had the suite again? Thanks.
Old Mar 17, 2006, 10:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Wouldn't you like to know?!
Originally Posted by flyinryan
do the bump!
767 F seats are nice with tons of leg room. A little bigger than C and more patted. It reclines a little further, but when you put it next to a fully lie flat suite F seat , it comes no where near the suite!

I'd choose 777 or 747 F in a heart beat.

Here's a pic of the 767 F seat http://www.united.com/page/article/0,6722,1934,00.html
Old Apr 26, 2006, 9:30 pm

Programs: UA 1P
Originally Posted by cakobau
My wife has a strong preference for the window seat, and ideally without a wing obstructing the view. I prefer the legroom of E+, which sits over most of the wing on the international 763 (767MZ), but we'd obviously like to sit together.

SeatGuru's map of the international 763 shows the wing ending at row 20, with 21-24A and G being E+ window seats behind the wing. United.com's seat mapper shows the wing extending further back -- 21 and 22 are still on the wing, leaving 23 and 24 unobstructed.

So who is right? Does the wing end at row 20, or at row 22?

(Incidentally, the united.com and expedia.com seat mappers both show 24AB and 24FG as regular seating, and not premier seating, so these are presumably E+ seats that can be booked by non-premiers.)
Answering my own question regarding the international 763 from several months back:

In this particular battle between united.com and SeatGuru, united.com won. The 763's wing ends at row 22, not row 20. Row 23A is the first window seat not over the wing, but even there, the wing is pretty much right there. If you want an Economy Plus window seat without obstruction, pick row 24. The window seats are the last row of E+.
Old Nov 6, 2006, 11:28 am

Programs: UA GS/4 MM, AA Exec Plat, Lifetime Hilton D, Hyatt G, Marriott Titanium earned Ambassador
Please tell me about life in E+ on 767 three cabin

We have a return flight from ZRH to IAD that has not cleared into C from Y. The cabin looks tight but F is still wide open. Can someone please comment on E plus seats on a intl 767? I am probably going to have to talk my wife into taking the flight and I can use all the positives I can get. Thanks.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.