Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > United Mileage Plus (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

Is This Person a Flyer Talker (aka, the 'Mr. Pillows' Thread)?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Is This Person a Flyer Talker (aka, the 'Mr. Pillows' Thread)?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 1, 2005, 6:25 pm

Programs: UA 2P (former 1P)
I wish Mr. Pillows would ask to get rid of TED

Last edited by Eric702; Aug 1, 2005 at 9:09 pm Reason: I cannot speak English properly
Old Aug 1, 2005, 7:07 pm
Moderator: Midwest, Las Vegas & Dining Buzz

Originally Posted by Eric702
I wish Mr. Pillows would ask get rid of TED.
He flies only on THEODORE.
Old Aug 1, 2005, 8:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1MM, Delta Plat
Do Mr. Pillows flights have a "happy ending?"

Oboy! I won the third post on the page lottery ----------------->

Last edited by redbeard911; Aug 1, 2005 at 8:14 pm
Old Aug 1, 2005, 8:22 pm

My question is: This guy is flying every week, why haven't any FTers ever noticed him on a flight? It is not like you would not notice some guy wth 20 pillows and 10 blankets.
Old Aug 1, 2005, 8:43 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by kcvt750
Bj?
I can't fit that many pillows between my legs!!! Especially in an F Suite!!!
Old Aug 1, 2005, 8:45 pm
Moderator: Coupon Connection & S.P.A.M

Programs: Destination Unknown, TSA Disparager Diamond (LTDD)
Originally Posted by Eric702
I wish Mr. Pillows would ask get to rid of TED.
^ ^
Old Aug 1, 2005, 9:07 pm

Programs: WN A-List
Originally Posted by FlyinHawaiian
The Gulfstream G-V has enough range for just about any departure point in the US to NRT.

http://www.gulfstream.com/g500/
There are basically four corporate aircraft that can fly nonstop from the US to Asia:

Gulfstream G500/G550
Bombardier Global Express
Boeing Business Jet
Airbus Corporate Jet

You're looking at a minimum of 50 million to buy it, plus a few million a year to operate the thing. Anything smaller and you're going to have to make a stop, and it won't be as comfortable as international first class. I heard of one company that had their GIII deadhead to Australia while the executives flew commercial. All so they could fly the GIII around Australia, and hop 747 back to the states! A Gulfstream cabin gets claustraphobic on such a long flight.

To charter such a jet you're probably looking at 3-4X the cost of even fully refundable FC tickets.

Originally Posted by UAVirgin
Both the G3 and G4 with special equipment could make the trip. I long ago worked for an entertainment company whose CEO had the corporate G3 outfitted with everything it needed to fly non-stop from the LA to Peking.
GIII has a range of 3700nm, GIV-SP 4600nm. There's no way they can make Asia non-stop.

Last edited by Dunbar; Aug 1, 2005 at 9:19 pm
Old Aug 1, 2005, 9:26 pm

Programs: United 1k 1 MM
Originally Posted by ButIsItArt
So if F serves fried peanut butter, we know Elvis has left the building and is in 1A
For the record, Elvis was a fan of a sandwich, served in the hinterland outside of Denver called The Fool's Gold Loaf. It consisted of hollowed out loaf of sourdough bread, sliced in half. It was then filled with a pound of peanut butter (creamy, never chunky) and top with a pound of crispy, fried bacon.

Ectra points to those that can name the 31 items that Elvis requested kept in the pantry at Graceland at all times.

Good on ya, Mr. Pillows. Though excentric, the man pays an amount (alledgedly) that none of us seem to do on the regular. For that, he has earned IMO the right to be treated in a manner conducive to his stature with UA.

Plus, we all know that those pillows and blankets are recycled.
Old Aug 1, 2005, 9:38 pm
rec

Programs: AA, UA, NH
Originally Posted by Wiggums
Wow... only if they had special instructions for me!

Wiggums is a very special customer. Upon boarding, he wants an FA to read him a good bed story. He likes iced oatmeal cookies with warm milk before he sleeps. Do not forget to make sure his nuts are warmed at precisely 125°F. Handle his nuts gently, with two hands if possible, as he hates having his nuts rattled.
...and I thought the FA's were delcaring CHAOS[tm] because of pensions.

\rec
Old Aug 1, 2005, 9:43 pm

Programs: UA 1k MM, SPG Plat, Hyatt Diam
Originally Posted by 787
My question is: This guy is flying every week, why haven't any FTers ever noticed him on a flight? It is not like you would not notice some guy wth 20 pillows and 10 blankets.
I agree with 787, why haven't any FT noticed him? Is this story legit?
Old Aug 1, 2005, 9:47 pm
In memoriam

Programs: SWA A list preferred and CP, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Hertz President's club
Originally Posted by Bear96
My favorite response so far, though, is this: is he single
My guess, yes he is and likely to stay that way. What woman in her right mind would voluntarily take on a man who is this high maintenance. Millions of dollars or not I can tell youw ithout ever meeting him this would be more work than it would be worth. If he is that needy on a plane imagine what he is like at home!
Old Aug 1, 2005, 10:22 pm

Originally Posted by Bear96
Oh...did I mention the big bag of milk?

Yup. Mr. Pillows's milk--...
I wonder if this Mr. PIllows you are mentioning is the same one I've heard about , if so I have an interesting story that somebody told me about his "milk"...

"Once upon a time, in a bright sunny day, Mr. Pillows was going to fly on the UAxxx flight ... two United employees were driving toward the airport with Mr. Pillows's milk ... although they were not speeding, a very unfortunate accident happened and so "the milk" couldn't have been delivered at that night.
The supervisors were notified and so they informed Mr. Pillows about the situation and the reason why he wouldnt have his Milk on that flight at that night. Mr. pillows said he was sorry about the two ladies involved in the accidents and left in his usual F-class seat.
In the following day the Customer relations Dp. got a letter from Mr. Pillows... complaining about the Milk that wasn't onboard for him.

Believe it or not ... that s a true story.

PS: The two ladies got seriously injured but they are fine now and back to work ... without the milk, never anymore.
Old Aug 1, 2005, 10:32 pm

Originally Posted by UnitedSkies
I heard that "Mr. Pillows" flies to EZE often...
... and also from/to GRU.
Old Aug 1, 2005, 10:41 pm
JS
Suspended

Programs: DL Gold Medallion; UA Premier Executive; WN sub-CP; AA sub-Gold
I think it's pretty sad when people take rumors from another board and spread them to this one.
Old Aug 1, 2005, 10:47 pm

Originally Posted by 787
My bf and I we flew next to him last year from GRU-ORD.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.