Do award miles traveled on UA count towards million miler status?

Subscribe
Do only revenue miles flown on UA metal count towards million mile status or do award miles flown BIS on UA metal also count?
Quote: Do only revenue miles flown on UA metal count towards million mile status or do award miles flown BIS on UA metal also count?
Award miles don't count.
Does ANY airline count award miles traveled towards Million Miler status?

That would be, shall we say, rather unusual. (But, you never know....)
No, but i wish they did (if paid for with UA miles, of course ).
I've never run into this because I have always paid for my tickets on UA, never used my miles for an award for me personally, only family and friends. Is there anyone else like that here?
Quote: I've never run into this because I have always paid for my tickets on UA, never used my miles for an award for me personally, only family and friends. Is there anyone else like that here?
Almost certainly.

FlyerTalk has something like 75,000 registered members now.... so there's bound to be others like you here!
Quote: Award miles don't count.
They don't even show up on the MP website as you having "flown" the flight.
Quote: They don't even show up on the MP website as you having "flown" the flight.
In the past I have gotten away with booking award travel on Austrian and then adding my MP# at the Austrian desk to credit for those trips. I'm sure that has gone away if the two have interline e-ticketing.
Quote: They don't even show up on the MP website as you having "flown" the flight.
Hi there. Welcome to FT ^ ^
Quote: In the past I have gotten away with booking award travel on Austrian and then adding my MP# at the Austrian desk to credit for those trips. I'm sure that has gone away if the two have interline e-ticketing.
I agree every once and a while there is a fluke in the system that they dont catch. A few years ago I had a trip from BKK to DPS on SQ after the Bali Bombing a nice cheap package tour 5days 4 nights that CLEARLY STATED NO MILEAGE ACCURAL but to my surprise I did get M+ credit so it never hurts to enter your FF#. I hope when I go to Tahiti on an AA award ticket using JAL, Air Tahiti, and Cathay that I might get some AA miles back.
-UFFA
Although flyers do accidentally get miles for free promotion tickets, award/VDB trips/promo tickets are not supposed to get any miles whatsoever.
Think about it.

If award tickets earned credit toward Million Miler status, by redeeming awards solely on UA, a member of a Star Alliance partner could earn lifetime Premier (1P) status without ever paying UA a penny.

OK. Admittedly, that would be a lot of awards!

But this is one of those "obvious" questions, former errors long ago (pre-1990) about crediting award tickets with mileage credit notwithstanding.
Quote: Think about it.

If award tickets earned credit toward Million Miler status, by redeeming awards solely on UA, a member of a Star Alliance partner could earn lifetime Premier (1P) status without ever paying UA a penny.
I'm thinking about it.

If you had 3 million miles to burn, you could redeem them for 50 NYC-SIN trips, which, at 20k miles a pop, would earn you MM status.
Quote: I'm thinking about it.

If you had 3 million miles to burn, you could redeem them for 50 NYC-SIN trips, which, at 20k miles a pop, would earn you MM status.
How many times would I have to refinance my house to get 3 million miles?

More on topic, does United.com even address Million Mile status? Is there a link?
While not technically a miles award, I flew IAD-MCO-IAD on an ATW promo ticket. I had to pay $14 for the fees, and I got miles plus online booking bonus!

I was quite surprised, as I originally assumed that I wouldn't get miles for that fare code.

But, that was BFT (before Flyer Talk).