UA Mileage Plus earnings for each fare class on every *A partner [Merged/Updated '10]

Subscribe
Quote: Can anyone who has flown US-Germany (or vv) on a F,A,C,D,Z,Y,B fare please confirm that 150% EQM IS awarded for these flights?
Nice work qasr!!!

I can confirm that zero EQM or RDM are awarded on LH when upgraded from D to F. Until the miles show up, I won't know.
Quote: Nice work qasr!!!

I can confirm that zero EQM or RDM are awarded on LH when upgraded from D to F. Until the miles show up, I won't know.
Hrm. I am planning to upgrade an LH flight to F soon...hopefully mind will post automatically.

My guess is that the problem occurs because LH uses the same fare buckets for award C and F as they do for C and F upgrades. Therefore your trip might have looked like an F award trip to UA's system. OTOH, it makes looking for upgrade space easy (well, as easy as finding award space )
Quote: FWIW, I just finished a trip in Z on LH this week and here is what has posted to my MP account (I currently am a 2P):

Transatlantic segments: 150% RDM (4535 base miles/2268 bonus, per segment)
Intraeuropean segments: 125% RDM (518 base miles/130 bonus, per segment)
EQMs: 100% (10,106 EQM for the trip)

I'm not sure this clarifies anything. I was under the impression that I would earn 150% EQM on the transatlantic segments - from the website and as told by at least one MP CSR. Perhaps that will post later?
The 50% EQM bonus for LH flights in Z always posts a few days after the initial posting. It has been like this for years. So this is not new, and this is no error. This is just UA doing things the UA way.
Quote: The 50% EQM bonus for LH flights in Z always posts a few days after the initial posting. It has been like this for years. So this is not new, and this is no error. This is just UA doing things the UA way.
Thanks for the info flysurfer ^
Quote: The 50% EQM bonus for LH flights in Z always posts a few days after the initial posting. It has been like this for years. So this is not new, and this is no error. This is just UA doing things the UA way.
I now can confirm - the 50% EQM bonus for LH Z transatlantic segments posted several days after the miles, just like flysurfer said it would. I didn't even have to call. ^ And they gave me one extra EQS along with it - go figure.

So,

EQM: 150%
RDM: 25% COS bonus + 25% Premier bonus on transatlantic segments
Although UA specifies that some AC discount fars do not accrue EQM's and accrue only 50% RDM's for flights within Canada, the truth is that this rule applies for transborder as well as domestic flights.

The info below comes from the AC FT forum (FAQ - booking classes) and applies to Aeroplan, but it appears that they apply the same rules when crediting UA miles.

Quote:
TANGO
These are booked in R, N, G, P, E, T booking class.
They earn 50% Aeroplan miles but they do not count towards your status (re)qualification.
It would help to have official word from UA on what fares fall into which category, but is clear that many US-Canada fares do not qualify for EQM's and full RDM credit. See United Reneges On Air Canada Mileage and AC non-status miles for details.
Thanks daslax ^ I updated the main thread with the TANGO fare information.

If we do get som official UA information (and it differs from what we have) I'll make sure to add that too.
A couple of clarifications - according to the AC link, the Tango fares are only for domestic Canada and transborder flights (US). Fare codes used for Tango do appear to accrue full EQM/RDM for other international destinations and Hawaii. So maybe just change "domestic flights within Canada" to "flights within Canada and to the US (except Hawaii)". Worldwide could stay as it originally was without the Tango info.

Also, fares listed under domestic Canada (and now US) that do receive full EQM/RDM expanded on June 15. So fares that accrue full EQM/RDM should be: Y,M,U,L,Q,V,H,B,A. Some fares that used to be Tango now have a new designation called "Tango Plus" which allows them to receive full credit.

It should look like this (I also removed some fare codes that are no longer used on domestic/transborder).

WORLDWIDE (INCL HAWAII):
BC: J,C - 125% / 100% / 500
EC: S,Y,M,U,A,B,H,V,Q,L,I,K,R,O,N,G,P,E,T - 100% / 100% / 500

FLIGHTS WITHIN CANADA AND TO THE US (EXCEPT HAWAII):
BC: J,C - 125% / 100% / 500
EC: Y,M,U,A,B,H,V,Q,L - 100% / 100% / 500
EC: R,N,G,P,E,T - 50% / 0% / 250 (aka, TANGO fares)

Again, this is my best guess as to what to expect based on the Aeroplan info and what has been reported here prior. There has never been an official word from UA as to what you get from AC, just a big surprise when the miles you were expecting never show up!
Thanks again daslax, I just updated the OP.
Quote: Austrian (OS)
BC: C,D,R - 125% / 100% / N/A
EC: Y,B,M,H,Q,N,V,W,G,S - 100% / 100% / N/A
EC: P,E,K,L,T - 0% / 0%
They removed "P" class?
Quote: They removed "P" class?
Looks like a typo! Thanks.
SK is not correct on the summary listing. You get 25% on the cheap booking classes.

I did notice that the cheapest SK flight IAD-CPH is in Q class in September. They have W fares now in the summer (good luck finding one) but you can get a V for $100 more, which is 6000 EQM for $100 or a pretty good idea.

One could surmise that the target of this scheme is the fare structure that is used to compete with LCCs. This does not yet exist in the transatlantic market.
I have just sent the link to UA.... I have been trying to get credit for miles on Air Canada and the UA agent will have a laugh when i send this link from UA's web site...... after 5 email already they seem to post 125 miles and cant find in UA's system why they should give me 500 miles! Its crazy to have an agent at UA with more than 5 emails still not believe i am right.... and now its on UA web site! ^

Thanks for this great post!!
Quote: Looks like a typo! Thanks.
I do not think it was your typo. When you post the chart, P was on the list, I guess (actually P was ineligible for MP in certain period). UA may update their website very recently.

By the way, thanks for your great job! ^
WOW I sent UA a email with its web site attached they still say they wont give 100% mileage credit for an AC flight in V fare UGH! what a hassle!