Booking Code E on Non-Ted/Non-Award Flight

Old Jun 4, 2005, 10:43 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA G-1MM/*G, B6 Mosaicm, DL G, HH S, Bonvoy(...?) Plat, Avis PS, Hertz 5*, Nat ExVIP
Booking Code E on Non-Ted/Non-Award Flight

All,

As many of you know, I work for a European company (though now I have a DIFFERENT European company to work for), so I get weird stuff from time to time. So, as part of my most recent itinerary, a combination of UA/AA flights in a nice, looping circle, I get this while I'm upgrading:

Denver Colorado (DEN) to Boston Massachusetts (BOS)
XXX, Jun X
United Airlines 0726

Flight: Confirmed
Jun XX 06:25 PM depart DEN
Jun XX 12:07 AM arrival BOS Cabin: United Economy
Seat: N/A
Fare Basis Code: EUA
Booking class: E
Fare Rules

What is booking class E? It's listed in the current pile as former 1K only inventory, but also a Ted booking class. This flight is neither.

Where does this sit in the hierarchy?

Timothy

Yes... I'm trying to figure out if I'm going to be upgraded. Sheesh.
Old Jun 4, 2005, 10:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The hierarchy is like this for coach booking classes: Y/B/M/E/U/H/Q/V/W/S/T/L/K.

Y and B are treated as full fare, while Y/B/M/E/U classes qualify for Economy Plus for customers with no elite status in Mileage Plus.

E and U classes are no longer Ted-only booking classes.
Old Jun 4, 2005, 12:45 pm

Programs: CO Gold
E seems to be unrestricted, matched fares in Southwest markets where fares are capped at $299 each way.
Old Jun 4, 2005, 1:06 pm
Original Member

Location: The shape-shifting urban sprawl that is El Lay. FT member #71.
Programs: UA Gold & MM; DL & AA credit card dirt status; Hilton Diamond; Marriott Fool's Gold
Originally Posted by JY4D
E seems to be unrestricted, matched fares in Southwest markets where fares are capped at $299 each way.
Interesting. I've bought them recently LAX-SEA and ORD-LAS.
Old Jun 4, 2005, 1:30 pm

Its not that they don't exist in other markets, it just seems to be the matching $299 unrestricted fare in a lot of Southwest markets.
Old Jun 4, 2005, 4:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bar Alliance Gold
Es and Us are showing up on markets without WN service, such as SEA-SFO-JFK.
Old Jun 4, 2005, 5:26 pm

Programs: AA ExPlat HH Diamond
I had to recently rebook a trip originally in T (LAX-ORD-EZE) to (LAX-IAD-EZE) due to a schedule change. The LAX-IAD-LAX portions rebooked into E, while the EZE portions remained in T.
Old Jun 4, 2005, 5:57 pm

Location: What I write is my opinion alone..don't read into it anything not written.
Originally Posted by JY4D
That would usually be the "QA" fare basis code. I have seen alot of EUA's at $499
Old Jun 5, 2005, 1:08 am

I guess it really does vary then. So much for me trying to figure out patterns.

I just booked a SMF-LAX on a "matching Southwest" unrestricted fare today and the fare basis was "VA".
Old Jun 5, 2005, 1:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Million Miler. (1.9M) Virgin Platinum. HH Diamond + SPG Gold
Been many reports of "E" and its metamorphosis in recent months.

A fair bit of discussion in final posts here, and I changed the wording of it on the fares code thread a month back and added a hierarchy list at that time:

Click for a detailed compilation - listing and outlining all known UA revenue/award/upgrade booking codes "A - Z" (and details and validity of many UA Upgrade Certificates) and how to (mostly!) access and view them on: www.ual.com
Old Jun 5, 2005, 1:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Million Miler. (1.9M) Virgin Platinum. HH Diamond + SPG Gold
[QUOTE=UnitedSkies]

The hierarchy is like this for coach booking classes: Y/B/M/E/U/H/Q/V/W/S/T/L/K.

I posted the following based on a UA published fare hierarchical profile that was posted. See last posts on that thread. I was surprised that E and U trumped H, but I do not write profiles. Just record results of them.

Are you saying that is already outdated?

P/F/C/D/Y/A/B/E/M/U/H/Q/V/W/S/T
Old Jun 5, 2005, 9:56 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA G-1MM/*G, B6 Mosaicm, DL G, HH S, Bonvoy(...?) Plat, Avis PS, Hertz 5*, Nat ExVIP
Ok... just wanted to clarify something on the E fare, then, now that I feel like I WON'T be sitting in 24E in the back of the plane for nearly four hours. The EUA rated ticket purchased for me wasn't a Web fare, not a Ted Fare and most likely not a competitive match fare (the only LCC fare against UA on that route is JetBlue and the flight is a redeye departing five hours later). So, what does it make this fare?

Timothy

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.