Wiki Posts
Search

Reservation not ticketed LHR-SFO in June

Search this Thread

Old Apr 11, 2005, 9:21 am
Ant
Original Poster

Reservation not ticketed LHR-SFO in June

I booked at beginning of March, on the United UK site, tickets for LHR-SFO in June.

I had not booked on the United site before, and I assumed my card would be charged once I had completed the booking (it was for a relatively cheap W fare and an e-ticket), and I'm pretty sure it said it would be charged immediatley on the website.

Now my card has still not been charged, by itinary is listed on the United site as "This reservation is not ticketed" which I presume is why my card has not been charged.

I just wondered if somebody knew when I was likely to me charged and get sent my ticket receipt. It occurred to me that if you don't know when you're going to be charged, your credit card could be maxed out at whatever time they decide to charge you and so bounce the payment, but I think mine is ok.

Also, I don't want to do this, but since I have not been ticketed, does this mean I could theoretically cancel the reservation, even though it is a non-refundable fare, or (more likely I guess) would they just charge the fare anyway.

Thanks,
Ant
Old Apr 11, 2005, 9:35 am

Programs: BA Gold; VA Velocity Gold; LH FTL; Marriott Gold; ICHG Platinum AMB; Hilton Gold
Call United UK (who are actually in Dublin, despite the UK phone number!). They do not usually issue the ticket until the Monday/Tuesday if you buy over the weekend (they seem to check the bookings first). This sort of delay is not usual.

You should get a paper receipt in the post, and your card will then be charged.

There may be an issue with your credit card having been rejected (on the one occasion when I had a problem like this, that was the reason).

You will not have a problem as the seats have been reserved on the plane - it's just that they haven't charged you yet. They would have to cancel this booking to release the seats.

Note: this is a different process from the US website - the UK website etickets are issued by Dublin.

Last edited by House; Apr 11, 2005 at 9:37 am
Old Apr 11, 2005, 9:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Nah.
I have experienced delays of up to two weeks before they issue. Usually it is always at least a month before though.

If it has been a month, I would call and ask why. If you wait until check in, they WILL notice and it will only slow down your check in time.
Old Apr 11, 2005, 11:27 am
Ant
Original Poster

Thanks. I gave United UK a call, and they said that it was marked as pending. The agent put me on hold, while he spoke to ticketing, and when he came back said that it should be issued this week, although he didn't really sound that convincing.

Hopefully, it will go through, and I actually realised it was middle of February when I made the initial reservation, so it certainly has been a long time!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.