Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > United Mileage Plus (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

Delayed / Cancelled international flights - 2012 Edition

Old Jan 6, 2012, 5:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

5 Jan, 2012: UA 901 FRA-SFO B744

scheduled 12h45 p.m.
actual 10h43 a.m.

Looks like the flight was cancelled for THU and then got out today. Might be connected to the winter storm across Europe, but it looks like all other UA flights ex-FRA made it.
Old Jan 6, 2012, 6:50 pm
In memoriam

Programs: AA EXP - UA *G MM - HH Diamond - Hertz PC
Originally Posted by cesco.g
5 Jan, 2012: UA 901 FRA-SFO B744

scheduled 12h45 p.m.
actual 10h43 a.m.

Looks like the flight was cancelled for THU and then got out today. Might be connected to the winter storm across Europe, but it looks like all other UA flights ex-FRA made it.
I was watching it on the iPhone app. It left the gate, then returned to the gate (I think about 2 hours later). Not sure if it took off or just taxied around the airport.

Surely there will be at least one FTer on that flight who can fill us in. Although the loads on 900/901 have been uber light this week.
Old Feb 27, 2013, 1:19 pm

Programs: IHG Plat
Last month I booked 2 award seats in economy (saver level) on United for LAX-SFO-TPE for May, but now only the LAX-SFO leg is showing up under my reservations. I can't find any sign of the SFO-TPE flight anywhere, even for paid seats, so I guess it was cancelled by United? I did not receive any notice of cancelled flight.

I still need to get to Taiwan in May, but united.com currently shows no more saver level LAX-TPE options for the entire month. I don't have enough miles for a standard award.

Questions:
1. If I call now, will they move us to a different flight at the saver level even if only standard level awards are available? Or should I wait until I see saver level open up, maybe in a month or two, and then call with specific flights?

2. There's an ANA flight on the same date that would be perfect, but there's currently no award inventory. Anyone know if it's possible to ask United to open up inventory for us since our original flight was cancelled? Can that be done?

3. I have no status, so will they charge me change fees?
Old Feb 27, 2013, 2:27 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.99MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by copilot5
Last month I booked 2 award seats in economy (saver level) on United for LAX-SFO-TPE for May, but now only the LAX-SFO leg is showing up under my reservations. I can't find any sign of the SFO-TPE flight anywhere, even for paid seats, so I guess it was cancelled by United? I did not receive any notice of cancelled flight. ....
start date of service shifted to June
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/20292038-post262.html
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...cts-fares.html

.... I still need to get to Taiwan in May, but united.com currently shows no more saver level LAX-TPE options for the entire month. I don't have enough miles for a standard award.

Questions:
1. If I call now, will they move us to a different flight at the saver level even if only standard level awards are available? Or should I wait until I see saver level open up, maybe in a month or two, and then call with specific flights? ...
call now! UA can open up space on its on flights but TPE presents a problem since there is no UA service to TPE. With this delay, people people are affected and UA should be developing a general recovery process. You will need to call to find out and call before others take the better options.

....2. There's an ANA flight on the same date that would be perfect, but there's currently no award inventory. Anyone know if it's possible to ask United to open up inventory for us since our original flight was cancelled? Can that be done? ...
generally speaking UA can not open up another airlines inventory. But given the number of people effected, UA may have a recovery plan of this situation. You will need to call.

....3. I have no status, so will they charge me change fees?
no
Old Feb 27, 2013, 3:19 pm

Programs: IHG Plat
Awesome! Thanks for the advice!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.