Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > United Mileage Plus (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

United baggage rules and fees -stopover segment on UA when on international itinerary

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

United baggage rules and fees -stopover segment on UA when on international itinerary

Search this Thread

Old Nov 28, 2011, 5:07 am
Original Poster

Sorry if a similar question has been posted before, but I have found conflicting answers, so I will try and ask this forum anyway.

I am on a round-trip itinerary CPH-FRA-MIA on the outbound and MCO-ORD-CPH on the return. Everything is on one ticket and one PNR, and it is ticketed on LH tickets as an open jaw round trip CPH-MIA, MCO-CPH. Actual airlines are:

CPH-FRA: LH
FRA-MIA: LH
MCO-ORD: UA
ORD-CPH: SK

On the return leg (MCO-ORD-CPH), I have a one week stopover i Chicago, in fact making the entire trip a circle trip with two weeks' stay in MIA/MCO and one week's stay in ORD.

Question is: will I have to pay for checking one bag to fly MCO-ORD given that it is a part of an international trip, but with a stopover before the international portion of the trip?

Last edited by FlyinHawaiian; Nov 28, 2011 at 5:20 am Reason: vague thread title

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.