Wiki Posts
Search

Domestic F Experience Today

Search this Thread

Old Nov 27, 2011, 8:08 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA PLT 3MM, DL PM 2MM
Domestic F Experience Today

Connected today from ABQ to MSP via DEN in paid F. Usually fly now DL but have used this year UA to asia in paid business and UA had good schedule today from ABQ to MSP compared to DL so did a paid F connection. I would say UA has a terrific schedule of flights from A to B and the F cabin is solid (i.e., seats/pitch etc). What I think the new UA needs to work on is 1) Wi-Fi; 2) better F snacks; 3) preboarding drink; 4) nicer FA's. Just my take but did a run first to ABQ from MSP in paid F on DL Wednesday and they were great on these issues. I really like flying UA transpacific if I can get a flight with the flat seats but domestic F needs some help to be competitive in my opinion compared to DL and AA. No complaint here just some constructive suggestions!
Old Nov 27, 2011, 8:24 pm

Programs: AA-EXP/UA-1K/Hilton-Diamond
I agree with 2,3 and 4 but the one thing I like about not having #1 is this is the one and only place that I can have an hour or so of peace and quite!
Old Nov 27, 2011, 8:30 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA PLT 3MM, DL PM 2MM
Agree! I read a book!!!!!
Old Nov 27, 2011, 9:15 pm

Location: "And I'm in Colorado, when I'm not in some hotel..."
Programs: UA Global Services, IHC Plantinum, HHonors Diamond, Emerald Elite
Definitely agree on the better snacks. I often book short notice and have ended up paying for F (only seats remaining) from DEN to LAS quite a few times. I can't help but think it's pretty "Low Rent" when I paid over $1000 for a 1 1/2 hour flight and they come through with potato chips, bags of nuts, and a miniture size Toblerone bar...
Old Nov 27, 2011, 9:17 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
1) is in the plan - http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...rovements.html

3) is also in process -- but it may take awhile to be widespread -- http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...er-2011-a.html
Old Nov 28, 2011, 6:10 am

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Rewards - LTPP
re #3, just ask for whatever you want. If the FA says OJ or water, say "I'd like (insert beverage of choice here)". If they push back, say "oh I thought you knew that starting a few months ago UA decided to offer any beverage as a pre-departure drink".
Old Nov 28, 2011, 7:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United1K, AA ExPlAAt, DL MM/Gold, Hilton Diamond, Avis First
Originally Posted by bcj1949
Connected today from ABQ to MSP via DEN in paid F. Usually fly now DL but have used this year UA to asia in paid business and UA had good schedule today from ABQ to MSP compared to DL so did a paid F connection. I would say UA has a terrific schedule of flights from A to B and the F cabin is solid (i.e., seats/pitch etc). What I think the new UA needs to work on is 1) Wi-Fi; 2) better F snacks; 3) preboarding drink; 4) nicer FA's. Just my take but did a run first to ABQ from MSP in paid F on DL Wednesday and they were great on these issues. I really like flying UA transpacific if I can get a flight with the flat seats but domestic F needs some help to be competitive in my opinion compared to DL and AA. No complaint here just some constructive suggestions!
PDB is actually the standard now (but not properly done). I have been running about 50% PDB (not talking water/juice but real PDB). Wireless must get installed soon. It is on 100% of the UA PS ac on the JFK-LAX/SFO routes and should be rolled out asap. It is a $$$$$$ maker. Agree with the snack comment as well. Generally I am very happy with my 1K vs Diamond on DL. Not looking back except to spend some of the millions of miles I have with them.
Old Nov 28, 2011, 5:10 pm

Programs: UA Gold
I had a flight recently on a 757 where there were two FAs doing the PDB. One did rows 1-3 and the other did 4-6. The one for rows 1-3 went to each passenger asking what they would like to drink. The one for rows 4-6 came by with a tray of water or OJ. I've heard of inconsistency over several flights, but inconsistency on one flight was pretty strange.
Old Nov 28, 2011, 6:18 pm

Programs: BA Gold, B6 Mosiac, VS, AA, DL (and a legacy UA 2MM)
Had a good F experience today - BOS->SFO.

Items (3) and (4) well covered. The meal was actually quite good - and the service was great - wow!

Like the other poster, I could do without (1). Free wifi is nice, but not a necessity. Getting disconnected for a few hours keeps me sane.

I was on a 757 and don't mind the F seat for this length trip (although love the lie-flat seats in other aircraft on longer flights). The IFE system is a joke, but doesn't just about everyone carry their own entertainment these days?

All in all - well done United!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.