Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > United Mileage Plus (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

1Ks can now bring up to 8 pax to E+ from different PNRs

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

1Ks can now bring up to 8 pax to E+ from different PNRs

Search this Thread

Old Oct 24, 2011, 8:43 pm

Programs: UA 1K HH Diamond
I typically buy a ticket for myself and use miles for spouse and grandkids. It used to be since the miles were from a 1K account the miles tickets were good for E+. This policy has changed and the tickets purchased with miles were not good for E+ because my paid ticket was a separate PNR. I think that at least 1K miles should provide E+ seating.

On an off topic note, my daughter traveled with us and we had to pay an additional $19.00 fee for each RCC access. They said this was an old policy, but I have not had it enforced before.
Old Oct 25, 2011, 12:52 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K/1.5MM, HHonors Diamond, Bonvoy Titanium, Hertz PC, National Emerald Executive
Originally Posted by dsauch
I dont disagree with you, but I am not convinced such policy exists. The CO.com says same PNR, agents i talked to so far say the same thing.

Given small (3-4?) number of people who said they were able to do it - i think its more attributable to agent error, than policy
Are you doubting this policy is real? It is 100% real and is going to be one of the leading reasons for me to maintain my loyalty to United and maintaining my 1K status - as I am sure it will be for many 1Ks with families.
Old Oct 25, 2011, 2:29 am

Programs: SPG Plat
Originally Posted by compwhiz
Are you doubting this policy is real?
I am until I see it written as true benefits on the UA/CO site. Been several times something is reported that is done over the phone and later it goes away.
Old Oct 25, 2011, 6:54 am

Programs: UA S, Marriott P
Originally Posted by AZjohns
I am until I see it written as true benefits on the UA/CO site. Been several times something is reported that is done over the phone and later it goes away.
+1 - called again, agent was sure it has to be same reservation, but did it anyway definitely looked like a favor to 1k.
Old Oct 25, 2011, 10:29 am

Programs: UA 2MM Plat, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, and EVA Gold soon
Recently called 1K reservation and had them move 8 GMs (3 separate PNRs) up to E+ with me for a family trip to China next April.

Was able to do it with the OK of a SD.^
The agent made it sound like a one time exception.

Did notice that I can move seats of GMs on my PNR (4 + myself) where as before I had to call and they had to be seated next to me.

Seems like positive rule change, but would like it in writing.

Will monitor seating to make sure it sticks.
Old Oct 25, 2011, 11:30 am

Programs: *Gold / HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by rerunree1
Recently called 1K reservation and had them move 8 GMs (3 separate PNRs) up to E+ with me for a family trip to China next April.

Was able to do it with the OK of a SD.^
The agent made it sound like a one time exception.

Did notice that I can move seats of GMs on my PNR (4 + myself) where as before I had to call and they had to be seated next to me.

Seems like positive rule change, but would like it in writing.

Will monitor seating to make sure it sticks.
When I did it yesterday, I checked the GMs PNR and the seats had a cost attached...now I'm not sure if they will want to collect that from them at check in. did you check to see the GMs on separate PNRs had any cost associated on the 'select seat' page? (Economy Plus seating $$$xxx.yyy total etc..).
Old Oct 25, 2011, 11:33 am

Programs: UA S, Marriott P
Originally Posted by buaya00
When I did it yesterday, I checked the GMs PNR and the seats had a cost attached...now I'm not sure if they will want to collect that from them at check in. did you check to see the GMs on separate PNRs had any cost associated on the 'select seat' page? (Economy Plus seating $$$xxx.yyy total etc..).
the cost is there because its a manual change and if you undo it via website you loose it.
Has anyone ever been charged "extra" during check-in? I find it hard to believe that they wont give you a ticket or you wont be able to check-in online until you pay some "ghost" debt.

except for bags of course
Old Oct 25, 2011, 3:19 pm

Programs: UA 2MM Plat, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, and EVA Gold soon
Originally Posted by buaya00
Just check the other PNR (3 GMs) and there is a cost attached, but a quick call to 1K confirmed there should not be any charges.
Was told that they are already in E+.......normally if not linked with my PNR they would have to pay up-front before assignment of seats in E+.
Would hope that is the case.
Old Oct 26, 2011, 9:17 am

Programs: AA EXP, UA Platinum, Alaksa MVP 75K, Air Berlin Gold, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Gold, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by dsauch
the cost is there because its a manual change and if you undo it via website you loose it.
Has anyone ever been charged "extra" during check-in? I find it hard to believe that they wont give you a ticket or you wont be able to check-in online until you pay some "ghost" debt.

except for bags of course
agree - the flight I'm flying where I moved up 3 others on separate PNRs is next week. I'm going to check in 24 hours in advance, and if it tries to charge for their E+ seats, web support will be receiving a call from me.
Old Apr 8, 2012, 3:06 am

Programs: UA 1K
Are you doubting this policy is real? It is 100% real and is going to be one of the leading reasons for me to maintain my loyalty to United and maintaining my 1K status - as I am sure it will be for many 1Ks with families.
It is no longer clear that this policy is 100% real: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...-same-pnr.html

Hope you enjoyed it while it lasted.
Old Apr 8, 2012, 8:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by mherdeg
It is no longer clear that this policy is 100% real: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...-same-pnr.html

Hope you enjoyed it while it lasted.
Totally different scenario. E+ is kept if the PNR is split. Not if it is a wholly separate booking.
Old Apr 10, 2012, 5:11 am

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by aacharya
Totally different scenario. E+ is kept if the PNR is split. Not if it is a wholly separate booking.
I agree that "E+ is kept if the PNR is split" and "E+ is not available for a companion of a 1K who has a wholly separate booking but is in the same cabin on the same flight" may be the current state of affairs. It was not the current state of affairs in this thread -- see e.g. the very first post,

Called and spoke with 1K desk today - and was told that 1K requirement for pax to be on the SAME PNR does not apply anymore for E+ access. She read me from her computer screen - I could not believe it. Has anyone else seen that/can confirm?
Old Apr 11, 2012, 12:35 pm

Programs: UA 1K & 1MM/AA Gold & 1MM/HH Gold/Marriott Titanium
I just called and was told all pax need to be on the same PNR Will try again shortly...
Old Apr 11, 2012, 12:40 pm

Programs: UA Silver, Hyatt Diamond
I've tried a number of times, talked to supervisors, written to customer relations. Looks like this is the new policy. Very poor policy as my spouse and I frequently travel together where one ticket is purchased through the corporate agent. This makes it significantly more difficult for me to justify flying united if for all practical purposes I can't even book economy plus without paying extra (for one of us).
Old Apr 11, 2012, 4:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
Its disappointing to hear that many of you have been told by UA that the pax have to be on the same PNR for E+. I did a MR to ANC last weekend with two FTers, one of them a 2P. She was on a different PNR, but the agent I spoke to had no problems with putting her next to me in E+. Of course, she also followed the rule that the person has to be seated next to you. (one that I've never understood).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.