Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > United Mileage Plus (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

1Ks can now bring up to 8 pax to E+ from different PNRs

1Ks can now bring up to 8 pax to E+ from different PNRs

Old Oct 24, 2011, 8:18 am

Programs: AA Plat, IHG Plat, HH Diamond, Hyatt Plat, Hertz Gold
Tried again and was told that to bring more than one pax up to E+, they need to be on the same record. As we all know, YMMV when it comes to recent policy changes since agents often seem to not know about these things, but anyone else have any luck? I can keep trying if it really is a policy change until I get an agent in the know.
Old Oct 24, 2011, 8:36 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K/1.5MM, HHonors Diamond, Bonvoy Titanium, Hertz PC, National Emerald Executive
Since it's a policy change, I would politely request them to re-read the section on 1K E+ access rules while you are on the phone, and if that fails, ask to speak to a supervisor.
Old Oct 24, 2011, 8:37 am

Programs: AA EXP, UA Platinum, Alaksa MVP 75K, Air Berlin Gold, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Gold, Hertz PC
Did this last night and it worked. I had originally resolved to sit with the other 3 people I'm traveling with on an upcoming LAX-SFO flight in E-. A quick call and 5 minutes later, all 4 of us were seated in E+ together. All are on seperate PNRs too.
Old Oct 24, 2011, 9:04 am

I called again and finally success. Thanks for the heads up!
Old Oct 24, 2011, 10:12 am
CID

On 10/6 I purchased a RT itinerary Cedar Rapids-HNL to match the same routing as my wife/2 kids on award tickets (E- seating). 1K agent was aware of the new policy and moved all 3 up to E+ with me.

However under their reservation on .com it still says "Add Economy Plus" (even though they clearly have E+ assignments), and I am not able to change their seats without it trying to charge me. Still a great change. Would have have been a fair charge to upgrade 3 to E+ roundtrip to HNL.
Old Oct 24, 2011, 11:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I wonder if there is a plane change or schedule change do all the ones not on the same PNR get swept back to E-?
Old Oct 24, 2011, 12:15 pm

Originally Posted by Baze
I wonder if there is a plane change or schedule change do all the ones not on the same PNR get swept back to E-?
This was the case when only 1 person not on the same PNR could be moved up, so I'd be vigilant about it.
Old Oct 24, 2011, 12:21 pm

Programs: *Gold / HHonors Gold
So what happens if I bring up 2 other family members to E+ and my SWU clears.....when a sweep happens would they be bumped back to coach?
Old Oct 24, 2011, 1:12 pm

Programs: UA 1K/MM, MC Life Plat, HH Gold
Originally Posted by buaya00
So what happens if I bring up 2 other family members to E+ and my SWU clears.....when a sweep happens would they be bumped back to coach?
In my experience in similar situations, they keep their seats unless an event happens that forces a seat change (equipment change, voluntary seat change, etc.), in which case the system sees them as E-.
Old Oct 24, 2011, 2:47 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA-1K, Marriott Plat Premier
Add a handful of 1k pax traveling with coworkers in e- and we can quickly see how e+ selection will diminish.

I don't think this was a good policy change.
Old Oct 24, 2011, 5:16 pm

Programs: UA Gold-MM, AA Gold-MM, F9-Silver, Hyatt Something, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by joel67
That's very generous of you, giving away something that costs you nothing.
To say it costs nothing is not quite true. Given that this can't be done on-line, the call to 1K probably takes 10 mins. What do you value your time at?
Old Oct 24, 2011, 5:22 pm

Programs: *Gold / HHonors Gold
Called and agent wasn't sure but took both PNRs (mine +GF and GF's parents). Came back and said she moved them. Go to look at their Reservation, and clicking on seats they are in E+ but it shows charges of $xxx per passenger. Will they want to collect this amount at check in or is this something that I should ignore?
Old Oct 24, 2011, 5:31 pm

Programs: UA S, Marriott P
hmm, what if i buy refundable ticket to be on the same flight as my parents, move them to E+ and then cancel the ticket...
Just tried it - the agent said I can only bring 1 person with no extra charge, otherwise they have to be on same reservation.
Ill try another agent I guess

Last edited by dsauch; Oct 24, 2011 at 5:59 pm
Old Oct 24, 2011, 7:06 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.99MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by mahasamatman
I wonder how long it will be before a "black market" for E+ access crops up.
Originally Posted by dsauch
hmm, what if i buy refundable ticket to be on the same flight as my parents, move them to E+ and then cancel the ticket...
A closed FT thread similiar to the RCC sponsor thread

these are just some of the reasons this "new" policy is a bad idea.
Old Oct 24, 2011, 7:08 pm

Programs: UA S, Marriott P
Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
these are just some of the reasons this "new" policy is a bad idea.
I dont disagree with you, but I am not convinced such policy exists. The CO.com says same PNR, agents i talked to so far say the same thing.

Given small (3-4?) number of people who said they were able to do it - i think its more attributable to agent error, than policy

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.