Search

Upgrade List Online?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 19, 2011, 8:27 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA Plat, Hilton Diamond, National Exec
Upgrade List Online?

Hello,

Thread title says it all. Is there a way on United.com to see the upgrade list for your flight?

Maybe I am lame, but I have been searching the forum for this answer using various combinations of those words and I can't seem to find the answer...

Thanks,

DAB
Old Jul 19, 2011, 8:30 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Originally Posted by dabblah
Is there a way on United.com to see the upgrade list for your flight?
Not in its current incarnation.
Old Jul 19, 2011, 9:29 pm

Programs: DL Platinum, AA Lifetime Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Radisson Premium
I do hope this migrates over from Continental in the future. I really like it. I can see how it can confuse inexperienced flyers to see their position on the list change upon new check-ins, but its a fantastic feature. I hate not knowing
Old Jul 20, 2011, 2:58 am

Programs: United 1K, HH Diamond, CBP Global Entry
this is a frequent question and been discussed often. currently on United.com, no. but indirectly, one can get a sense of the 'competition' by looking at the number of exit rows filled (1Ps and 1Ks). its rough i know.
Old Jul 20, 2011, 4:00 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA Plat, Hilton Diamond, National Exec
Thanks for the replies.

I figured it had to be a frequent question, but I just couldn't find it... At least when I just searched for "upgrade online" (I even had tried "upgrade .bomb"...) my thread came up removing my excuse.

Old Jul 20, 2011, 8:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
Originally Posted by demkr
I do hope this migrates over from Continental in the future. I really like it. I can see how it can confuse inexperienced flyers to see their position on the list change upon new check-ins, but its a fantastic feature. I hate not knowing
There have been a number of hints to suggest that CO.bomb will be the surviving website, so I would not be at all surprised if the online upgrade list starts to show UA flights. They've already added UA for flight status purposes.. Perhaps the upgrade info is just a limitation of the UA and CO systems?
Old Jul 20, 2011, 8:25 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP, WN A+, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Amb, Hertz PC
UA should have it, but they don't yet. DL has had it for at least 2 years. It's quite useful. At least UA tells you how many seats remain in first on the screens at the airport... that's more than AA can say.
Old Jul 21, 2011, 3:02 am

Programs: United 1K, HH Diamond, CBP Global Entry
Upgrade list now available via mobile app!!

Actually, just after I posted yesterday that there was no way to check - United just released their new mobile app today - and indeed WAITLIST RANKINGS ARE NOW AVAILABLE ONLINE FOR ALL FLIGHTS WITHIN 24 HOURS!!!!

hooray!!!!

you can view it via your Iphone mobile app.... its sexy!
http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/unite...ign-mpt=uo%3D2
Old Jul 21, 2011, 8:03 am

Programs: UA-1K, Hertz-Gold, Marriott-Gold, PC-Platinum, SPG
Originally Posted by epiding
Actually, just after I posted yesterday that there was no way to check - United just released their new mobile app today - and indeed WAITLIST RANKINGS ARE NOW AVAILABLE ONLINE FOR ALL FLIGHTS WITHIN 24 HOURS!!!!

hooray!!!!

you can view it via your Iphone mobile app.... its sexy!
http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/unite...ign-mpt=uo%3D2
It is indeed a very sexy app. Where (what screen) can I find the waitlist rankings list? Do I have to be booked on the flight in order to see the waitlist?
Old Jul 21, 2011, 8:04 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: 1K 1MM; Bonvoy Ambassador; Nat'l EE; Hertz PC; Hyatt Globalist
I hope this feature survives the merger too. Although sometimes the GA's fail to actually FOLLOW it, it's still nice to see!
Old Jul 21, 2011, 8:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
Originally Posted by lax2010
It is indeed a very sexy app. Where (what screen) can I find the waitlist rankings list? Do I have to be booked on the flight in order to see the waitlist?
Go to flight status, click on stand-by at the bottom, and then click on upgrade.
Old Jul 21, 2011, 8:15 am

Programs: UA-1K, Hertz-Gold, Marriott-Gold, PC-Platinum, SPG
Originally Posted by FriendlySkies
Go to flight status, click on stand-by at the bottom, and then click on upgrade.
Found it! Thanks.

869 to HKG has only 3 on the upgrade list from SFO. Can it be true?

And the list said it is for BusinessFirst. So, is it for C or F?
Old Jul 21, 2011, 8:34 am

Programs: UA 1K, Hertz 5*, Emerald Executive, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by lax2010
Found it! Thanks.

869 to HKG has only 3 on the upgrade list from SFO. Can it be true?

And the list said it is for BusinessFirst. So, is it for C or F?
IIRC, when I looked at this screen for another flight (UA896?) it showed 4 people on the list for First and 4 people on the list for BusinessFirst. My guess is First is actually First, and BF is Business.
Old Jul 21, 2011, 10:19 am

Programs: UA1K 3MM, AS MVP 75K Gold
Is there an Android app?
Old Jul 21, 2011, 10:21 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Originally Posted by honmani2
Is there an Android app?
Not yet. Here's the master thread: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...est-drive.html

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.