Community
Wiki Posts
Search

UDU, Then Downgraded?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 16, 2011, 5:53 pm

Originally Posted by ryan182
I just completed a mixed itn last week, it was my first one and while in the end everything worked out I noticed regarding upgrades it cannot happen until checkin (24hrs) for the codeshare flight. My ticket was 016, outbound UA metal return CO metal but booked under UA code. Upgrades on the UA flights went in at the 100hr mark, for the CO flights they did not and I didn't show on the PDA site until I checked in, luckily I got both the upgrades at checkin so it worked out but if it was a more competitive upgrade situation that could have made the difference so I will be avoiding mixed itns until next year.
For CO, there are two systems at work (EUA and Battlefield). EUA works the windows clearance (up until boarding) and battlefield works upon check-in (up until boarding). What you saw on the site was the battlefield list. It is possible that you didn't clear (or was even on) the EUA but cleared the battlefield list.
Old Jul 16, 2011, 6:10 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA 1K (until it expires then never again), *wood Plat, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by edcho
For CO, there are two systems at work (EUA and Battlefield). EUA works the windows clearance (up until boarding) and battlefield works upon check-in (up until boarding). What you saw on the site was the battlefield list. It is possible that you didn't clear (or was even on) the EUA but cleared the battlefield list.
I know I wasn't on the EUA since the website showed confirmed upgrade space available on one of the flights 3 days out, the agent on the phone confirmed there was R (I think that was the bucket) space available and that's what EUAs come from.
Old Jul 16, 2011, 9:33 pm
Original Poster

Location: various cities in the USofA: NYC, BWI, IAH, ORD, CVG, NYC
Programs: Former UA 1K, National Exec. Elite
Originally Posted by GoAmtrak
Getting back to the point of this thread, this reported glitch is yet another reason to continue avoiding CO metal on paid tickets if possible.
Or to avoid UA metal (see my profile). The ticket in question was issued on 005 stock.

On a different note: what's with the UA gate agents allowing F pax to cut the F/GS/1K line using the plebeian line? The few times I've seen this with CO the gate agents would scold the guilty party (I inadvertently did this once) and tell them to wait their turn. UA gate agents don't seem to give a ruttus's gluteus maximus.
Old Jul 16, 2011, 9:37 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA 1K (until it expires then never again), *wood Plat, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by ralfp
Or to avoid UA metal (see my profile). The ticket in question was issued on 005 stock.

On a different note: what's with the UA gate agents allowing F pax to cut the F/GS/1K line using the plebeian line? The few times I've seen this with CO the gate agents would scold the guilty party (I inadvertently did this once) and tell them to wait their turn. UA gate agents don't seem to give a ruttus's gluteus maximus.
Are you saying there was a lineup on the red carpet and some F pax used the economy line to avoid it? I've never seen that before so if that's the case I don't think its something that happens often.
Old Jul 18, 2011, 2:11 pm
Original Poster

Location: various cities in the USofA: NYC, BWI, IAH, ORD, CVG, NYC
Programs: Former UA 1K, National Exec. Elite
Are you saying there was a lineup on the red carpet and some F pax used the economy line to avoid it? I've never seen that before so if that's the case I don't think its something that happens often.
Yep. The line for the red carpet was long (752), so several pax decided to cut using the economy line. The gate agent was well aware of what was happening, but happily allowed the line-cutters through.
Old Jul 18, 2011, 3:32 pm
Suspended

This time it wasnt me but I admitt that I do this All the time, especially if theres a wall or something to lean on. I get onto the reg line and when the person who should be behind me comes along I tell them Im in front of them and behind those standing in front of them, never had any problem

I dont cut in front of anyone that I should have been behind, and most times those who were rightly in front of me tell me to go in front of them, I say Thanks but my rightful place is #4 (or whatever) and I will wait till it should have been my turn

Ive even waited to board as the 1st on the reg line even when in FC, as long as those on the carpet arent carrying 2-3 carry-ons each. However if they are going to allow all elites to board using the carpet when they please, then I will have to board asap, w/o cutting in front of anyone that should have been ahead of me

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.