Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > United Mileage Plus (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

United.com thinks I didn't take a flight I didn't get credit for, what now?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 10, 2011, 11:40 pm
Original Poster

Programs: COdbaUA 1K MM, AA EXP, Bonbon Gold, GHA Titanium, Hertz PC, NEXUS and GE

Its been a week now and a flight hasn't shown up on my account. I do know they did a last minute upgrade, ended up putting someone in my seat in the exit row, I let the woman who was accidentally upgraded ahead of me stay in F and the guy who had my seat ended up sitting in the opposite row, which was empty. Methinks the new BP wasn't scanned. I did get a BP at check-in and it was scanned when I boarded.

I called the 1K Desk and they said the coupon was still listed as open, as if I hadn't flown (which is why I guess .bomb said the same).

Now what?
Old Jul 10, 2011, 11:58 pm

Programs: UA 1K
I would say screw the miles, ask for a refund on the ticket price since they say you didnt fly. ^
Old Jul 11, 2011, 6:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
I had this happen on MCI-DEN. Got EasyUpdate message five minutes AFTER I boarded to indicate my UDU had cleared, but F had already been filled. Went out to talk to the gate agent, who offloaded me, and then realized that F was full. While I was sure she scanned me back in, she must have forgotten, and the miles never posted.

Long story short, it took three calls to Mileage Plus, and two emails to 1K Voice to get the credit posted. Do you still have the ticket for that flight?
Old Jul 11, 2011, 9:13 am

Programs: UA*1K & UA Club, National Ex. Elite, Hertz Pres. Circ., Amex Plat., CLEAR
Originally Posted by N1120A
Its been a week now and a flight hasn't shown up on my account. I do know they did a last minute upgrade, ended up putting someone in my seat in the exit row, I let the woman who was accidentally upgraded ahead of me stay in F and the guy who had my seat ended up sitting in the opposite row, which was empty. Methinks the new BP wasn't scanned. I did get a BP at check-in and it was scanned when I boarded.

I called the 1K Desk and they said the coupon was still listed as open, as if I hadn't flown (which is why I guess .bomb said the same).

Now what?
This happens to me with alarming regularity. Scan in a copy of your e-ticket receipt and your boarding pass and snail mail it to MP.

The problem seems to hit me when there is a schedule change. For whatever reason, the original coupon shows as not used and I'm listed as a no-show on the flight.
Old Jul 11, 2011, 6:15 pm

Programs: UA Platinum, 1M, HH Diamond
Online Missing Mileage

I just filled out the online form last week and the miles posted immediately upon hitting submit. Just provided my ticket number and seat. RDM posted immediately - EQM next day.
Old Jul 11, 2011, 6:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
Originally Posted by jamielv
I just filled out the online form last week and the miles posted immediately upon hitting submit. Just provided my ticket number and seat. RDM posted immediately - EQM next day.
The problem with this, is that if the BP was not scanned, or they were offloaded, then it will not process the request for the miles. Tried this method with my problem, and it told me that I had not flown.
Old Jul 20, 2011, 1:54 am
Original Poster

Programs: COdbaUA 1K MM, AA EXP, Bonbon Gold, GHA Titanium, Hertz PC, NEXUS and GE
Situation was resolved. I called the 1K line on the weekend and they said to either call back during the week or email, as customer relations can do the same things as Mileage Plus. Sure enough, an email to 1KVoice got the flight/miles credited.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.