Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Another epic fail from UAs crack IT team

Search this Thread

Old Jul 17, 2011, 9:30 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP, UA 1K (until it expires then never again), *wood Plat, Marriott Gold
Another epic fail from UAs crack IT team

So I wrote to 1KVoice about an issue and they actually responded in only 3 days, the reply was obviously not a canned responce and for the most part addressed my compliant, but they also asked me to send them the ticket numbers in question as they could only find 1 of them. Sure no biggie, I send off the email and what do I get back:
Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients.

Subject: RE: United Airlines -Ref#: XXXXXXX
Sent: 7/18/2011 12:26 PM

The following recipient(s) cannot be reached:

CustomerSolutions on 7/18/2011 12:26 PM
The message could not be delivered because the recipient's mailbox is full.
<D1VS3.D1.USA.NET #5.2.2>

Your CS mailbox is full, wow way to go UA IT. Are they getting that many complaints or do they have a low mail box limit, and who puts a quota on a CS mailbox. Talk about stupid.
Old Jul 17, 2011, 9:32 pm

Programs: UA-G MM, Priority Club Platinum, Avis First, Hertz 5*, Red Lion
that is a good candidate for failblog.
Old Jul 17, 2011, 9:56 pm

Programs: UA 1K
Awesome

Originally Posted by ryan182
So I wrote to 1KVoice about an issue and they actually responded in only 3 days, the reply was obviously not a canned responce and for the most part addressed my compliant, but they also asked me to send them the ticket numbers in question as they could only find 1 of them. Sure no biggie, I send off the email and what do I get back:

Your CS mailbox is full, wow way to go UA IT. Are they getting that many complaints or do they have a low mail box limit, and who puts a quota on a CS mailbox. Talk about stupid.
That is just an awesome post. Just awesome.

Out of all the millions of dollars UA has, they shoudl really spend it on IT and web interface stuff. If you look at LH's iphone app compared to UA's, it's like college versus 3rd grade. It's amazing how the european airline just puts the USA airline to shame.
Old Jul 17, 2011, 10:02 pm

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA

Do they have one person checking it via Outlook or something?

Epic Fail! Wowwwww.....
Old Jul 17, 2011, 10:04 pm

Programs: UA-1K, Hertz-Gold, Marriott-Gold, PC-Platinum, SPG
Originally Posted by SFflyer123
That is just an awesome post. Just awesome.

Out of all the millions of dollars UA has, they shoudl really spend it on IT and web interface stuff. If you look at LH's iphone app compared to UA's, it's like college versus 3rd grade. It's amazing how the european airline just puts the USA airline to shame.
UA has an iPhone app?
Old Jul 17, 2011, 10:06 pm

Originally Posted by lax2010
UA has an iPhone app?
No -- but CO does.
Old Jul 17, 2011, 10:18 pm

Programs: OZ Diamond, UA Gold
Originally Posted by edcho
No -- but CO does.

If he's talking about the CO app, I don't get it. Granted I've never seen the LH app, but the CO app is very good IMO. It's even got sudoku
Old Jul 17, 2011, 10:37 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hilton GLD, Marriott Plat, NEXUS/GE
UA has an iPhone app?
It's not surprising that UA's nonexistent iPhone app isn't as good as the competition.
Old Jul 17, 2011, 11:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Million Miler. (1.9M) Virgin Platinum. HH Diamond + SPG Gold
Knowing the UA IT team, the app will be in Hindi when it appears.
Old Jul 17, 2011, 11:54 pm

Programs: their are many of them
UA has an iPhone app?
I mean duh its Lufthansa oh course they will put united to shame in Apps for smart phones
Old Jul 18, 2011, 6:32 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP, UA 1K (until it expires then never again), *wood Plat, Marriott Gold
The worst part of this whole debacle is I had an issue and contacted their 1K CS department, their response was very much acceptable and from a service recovery standpoint I was happy, they asked for some additional information which I was happy to provide but this fail from the IT department took a positive service recovery expirence to a poor one. Good job UA IT^
Maybe I'm biased in that in my last job I ran IT for a global F500 company and this sort of thing would simply not be tolerated (not to mention all the other screwups and .bomb), how a company as large as UA continues to have such failures is amazing to me.
Old Jul 18, 2011, 6:48 am

The worst part of this whole debacle is I had an issue and contacted their 1K CS department, their response was very much acceptable and from a service recovery standpoint I was happy, they asked for some additional information which I was happy to provide but this fail from the IT department took a positive service recovery expirence to a poor one. Good job UA IT^
Maybe I'm biased in that in my last job I ran IT for a global F500 company and this sort of thing would simply not be tolerated (not to mention all the other screwups and .bomb), how a company as large as UA continues to have such failures is amazing to me.
It is possible that they merged e-mail systems and forgot to remove the quota limit.

Nevertheless, they should've done detailed and careful planning to prevent this from happening. I feel like half the time, a 10 year old is running the IT department at UA and CO which doesn't give me too much hope for the future.

Old Jul 18, 2011, 7:26 am
Original Member

Programs: UA 1K/1MM, AA EXP, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Plat Amb
Do you get another e-cert for your dissatisfaction because the 1kvoice's mailbox is full?
Old Jul 18, 2011, 7:33 am

Did your reply go to the 1KVoice alias as well? Sometimes when I get an email from CS, the reply to address is screwed up.
Old Jul 18, 2011, 8:33 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: 1K 1MM; Bonvoy Ambassador; Nat'l EE; Hertz PC; Hyatt Globalist
UA is still on Notes. Sad.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.