Refund value of return ticket?

Old Jun 12, 2011, 9:01 pm

Location: What I write is my opinion alone..don't read into it anything not written.
Originally Posted by TerryK
Why do a throwaway segment when one way fare is lower than round trip?
Because a rt is cheaper than 2 1 ways and he MAY want to come back. Buying a 1 way then another 1 way would be more.

Intent at purchase cannot be determined after the fact, rather what defines a practice is the actual useage. Imagine trying to codify and enforce "intent at purchase". It would be impossible, but actual behavior can be codified, proven, and policed rather easily, by refusing to refund unused segments of a ticket that requires usage of all segments.

One doesn't get the benefit of a reduced price per leg of a rt ticket if one chooses to only use 1/2 of it. If one's plans may change, it can be better to buy refundable one ways, but most surely will be more expensive than buying an excursion ticket if one ends up using the excursion ticket as issued. It is a risk vs reward calculation that the purchaser needs to make upon purchase. That is when the restrictions should be weighed by the purchaser.

Last edited by fastair; Jun 12, 2011 at 9:07 pm
Old Apr 6, 2013, 3:12 am

Programs: LX SEN, BA Gfl/GGL, IC Dia, HH Dia, Hyatt LT GLOB
Sorry, wrong thread! Mea culpa, blame it to my iPad...

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.