Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > United Mileage Plus (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

now for something completely different--UA web support guy sends me personal email

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

now for something completely different--UA web support guy sends me personal email

Search this Thread

Old Jan 16, 2013, 6:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: ua mm, aa plat, starriott LTPP, ihg plat, hh gold.
Update

For those following along at home, I just received a linkedin request from the same agent. I am positive it's the same guy, this time, as he lists UA under his employers....his tenure there ended june of 2011.

on the other hand, I'm pleased to report he's been at the university of pune for the past year, per his profile.
Old Jan 16, 2013, 1:12 pm
Original Member

Programs: UA MM Gold, Marriott LT Titanium
Originally Posted by karenkay
For those following along at home, I just received a linkedin request from the same agent. I am positive it's the same guy, this time, as he lists UA under his employers....his tenure there ended june of 2011.

on the other hand, I'm pleased to report he's been at the university of pune for the past year, per his profile.
IMO opinion this is inappropriate contact and I would forward the email to UA along with screen shots of the friend request and the Linkedin request.
Old Jan 16, 2013, 1:28 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by JeffS
IMO opinion this is inappropriate contact and I would forward the email to UA along with screen shots of the friend request and the Linkedin request.
agree on the inappropriate comment, but not much UA can do for an employee that left 18 months ago. Reporting to LinkedIn or FB would be more effective.
Old Jan 16, 2013, 4:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: ua mm, aa plat, starriott LTPP, ihg plat, hh gold.
Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
agree on the inappropriate comment, but not much UA can do for an employee that left 18 months ago. Reporting to LinkedIn or FB would be more effective.
Yeah, and I'm not particularly concerned...guy clearly still has my email address in his contacts, but I've not heard anything else and know that unsophisticated users often send everyone in their contacts list an invite when they join those respective services.

However--now that it's been 18 months and I'm still getting contact from this guy, in one form or another, I'm not entirely unhappy he lost his gig. @:-)
Old Jan 17, 2013, 9:44 am

Programs: UA1k; Bonvoy Titanium; Hilton Gold; IHG Gold; AA Plat Pro
Very unusual! But you are right that it may just be an automated email.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.