Community
Wiki Posts
Search

United Mileage Plus Shopping Toolbar

Search this Thread

Old Aug 13, 2011, 7:30 am

Programs: UA Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, IHG Platinum, Accor Silver, Choice Privileges Gold
Wow, I'm not sure how I missed this since March. I just downloaded the toolbar, altho I assume the 250 miles sign up bonus is long gone.

I've had the US and AA toolbars for some time. The US toolbar has always worked perfectly for me, as far as miles posting, and within a week of the end of the month.

The AA toolbar, otoh, has been the source of numerous problems. If the miles post (roughly a 50/50 proposition), it takes about 7 weeks from the end of the month.

And just today all my August searches for both AA and US disappeared. So why am I adding UA to this, I ask myself. I guess I am addicted to miles. But I can quit at any time ... ;-) tls
Old Aug 14, 2011, 2:11 pm

Programs: UA LTP, AA LTG, DL Plat, Marriott LTT, HH Diamond
Hmmm...my AA (and US) toolbars have worked fine from the beginning; all my problems have been with UA. You never know how they will screw up (only that they will).

Meanwhile, 2 days ago all my toolbar miles and search totals collapsed degrees, dropping variable (and inconsistent) ranging from 50% to 80%. Maybe some sort of software change. This happened to Mrs FTF too, and is being reported by others on the AA and US toolbar threads. No notice, no communication of course...

Don't know if this has anything to do with all the undercrediting I've experienced with the UA toolbar (some sort of retrospective loss of searches and corresponding miles). Although it doesn't make any sense that it's happened only with UA, while the rollback happened with both.

FTF
Old Aug 15, 2011, 7:32 am

Programs: UA Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, IHG Platinum, Accor Silver, Choice Privileges Gold
At least one of the threads (forget for which toolbar; UA, AA, US) says that the mileage that disappears will come back eventually, but that hasn't happened for me so far. tls
Old Aug 15, 2011, 7:42 am

Programs: AA, BA, UA, COPA, Air Canada (dormant)
The drop in search numbers affected all my toolbars too, including one for Nectar points ... which is just bizarre because Nectar had already credited me this month for reaching the maximum before the search numbers dropped on the toolbar!
Old Aug 19, 2011, 8:00 am

Well, the deleted searches haven't returned to me yet. Will probably end up doing them again ... tls
Old Aug 20, 2011, 9:23 am

Originally Posted by thelostshark
Well, the deleted searches haven't returned to me yet. Will probably end up doing them again ... tls
No doubt that ship has sailed. Been replacing the lost searches and miles all week.
Old Aug 30, 2011, 2:17 pm

Well, I redid all the searches. Have maxed out the UA, so will be interesting to see how long it takes for the miles to post for August searches. Hopefully it will not really take 60 days. My US toolbar miles post within a week of the end of the month, altho the AA toolbar miles have taken about 7 weeks from the end of the month, if they ever appear.

I saw the posts from July where people had problems with the miles correctly posting (or posting at all). Did August bring happier news for anyone? I'm hoping we're closer to the US model than the AA one ... tls
Old Sep 16, 2011, 7:28 pm

Angry

This month, it is not working for me again. No matter what I search it says that my search didn't qualify:

Your search was deemed invalid and did not qualify for earning a reward

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This could have been for the following reasons:
•You are in a country that is not eligible to earn rewards
•Your search query was nonsensical or yielded no actual results
•Your query originated from an automated process or macro
•Your search patterns reflect that you are not actually using this service for results

IMPORTANT NOTE

We use sophisticated algorithms to determine valid searches in accordance with Yahoo! If you are not credited for your searches it means they have been flagged as invalid. Please understand that the current status is not permanent. You will receive credit for your searches if you continue to search naturally throughout your day.
Old Sep 21, 2011, 2:29 pm

Programs: HHonor gold, AA, Delta, United
For some reason I cannot log out from the toolbar, did some research and found the toolbar installation link is gone too, it re-directs me to the mileage plus shopping home page:

https://www.mileageplusshopping.com/...rdownload.aspx

Is this deal dead now?
Old Sep 22, 2011, 2:45 am

Originally Posted by iwls01
For some reason I cannot log out from the toolbar, did some research and found the toolbar installation link is gone too, it re-directs me to the mileage plus shopping home page:

https://www.mileageplusshopping.com/...rdownload.aspx

Is this deal dead now?
My toolbar is still registering searches and miles...might be just a temporary glitch.
Old Sep 22, 2011, 12:19 pm

Programs: HHonor gold, AA, Delta, United
Originally Posted by FullTimeFlyer
My toolbar is still registering searches and miles...might be just a temporary glitch.
It is earning, but I cannot log out and log in as another user, and the toolbar installation link is not working anymore.
Old Sep 23, 2011, 1:31 am

It is earning, but I cannot log out and log in as another user, and the toolbar installation link is not working anymore.
Oh, sorry; I get it now.

Well, I guess the next time I'm having trouble with the thing I better not try uninstall/reinstall as a strategy to fix it!

FTF
Old Sep 23, 2011, 7:45 pm

Odd, I have problems staying logged in.
Old Oct 2, 2011, 3:15 pm

Programs: Delta Gold, UA Plat. Hyatt Diamond, Marriott Plat. Hilton Plat. US Airways, Starwood Gold, Avis Pres
it appears the toolbar is gone???????? or dead????????? can't even download it now or find on their home page
Old Oct 3, 2011, 3:10 am

I've seen a few posts to this effect now. Just guessing, from some other threads I've heard that the shopping mall vendor is going through a change (although the new one, Cartera, seems to be off to a bad start as well). Maybe there's a transition.

Those of us who have the toolbar already loaded are still getting searches and miles, so hopefully it will be back soon. Cross my fingers for you.

FTF

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.