Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > United Mileage Plus (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

So long 1k. It was nice while it lasted. Official goodbye to elite status thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

So long 1k. It was nice while it lasted. Official goodbye to elite status thread

Search this Thread

Old Feb 2, 2011, 11:55 pm

Programs: MP 1K to 2P - painful
I'm down to 2P and it hurts. Long story, just missed 1P.

I'll miss the double miles and the Star lounges on international flights. UDU means nothing to me, on the routes I fly I didn't clear any as a 1K. However, the CR1s are invaluable for PS and while I went into December feeling the SWU were impossible to clear I was very happy when they finally came through with roundtrip upgrades for myself and my husband SFO-SYD.

Now I'd better change my status on flyertalk!
Old Feb 3, 2011, 8:47 am

I said goodbye to 1k after 4 years, and resumed life as a 1P. Didn't even get the buy up offer this year. I'll miss the ability to change rewards without a fee--and the swu's.

Last edited by iluv2fly; Feb 3, 2011 at 8:50 am Reason: off-topic
Old Feb 3, 2011, 10:17 am
In Memoriam

1Kness

Farewell 1k. You will be missed.

But since I did most of my travelling on my own dime, I just can't get there any longer.

I will miss many things, but most probably redeposit of award miles without fees and the many times IROPs bailed me out.

I will remain a loyal UA flyer, but will have to see how 1P treats me.

wwbgd
Old Feb 3, 2011, 11:40 am

Programs: UA; Delta; US Air; BA Executive Club
I spent two whole days as a 2P after my status dropped on February 1st. Had to wait for some 1/31 flights to post today and now back to 1P with just over 50.5K EQM's in January. Should be 1K by May depending on when my next transpacific flight is taken. And as a 1P in January, I was 0/3 on upgrades on CO.
Old Feb 3, 2011, 5:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*Lifetime GS, Hyatt* Lifetime Globalist
Originally Posted by work2fly
multi-year 1k to GM

It was a fun ride while it lasted.
Oh no! Hard for me to see you are no longer 1K.

I am sure you will be back on your feet and on UA plane before you know it!
Old Feb 12, 2011, 12:29 pm

Programs: DL (MM), UA(MM) , AA(MM) , Bonvoy - LT Titanium
WOW! While I am still a 1K (been one for 10+ years), I switched to AA and hope to be an EXP by the fall... then my countdown begins to join the ranks of the fallen here next year.
Old Feb 12, 2011, 12:42 pm

Programs: UA MM, AA EXP, VS (silver-for-life revoked), DL, WN, AS, Hilton diamond, Marriott gold
Originally Posted by PDXPremier
SFO-DEN-SFO was your LONGEST MR? Wow...that's a blip on the screen for those folks who fly to SYD for a few hours
Yeah I'm the other kind of FTer.
Originally Posted by tullupump
WOW! While I am still a 1K (been one for 10+ years), I switched to AA and hope to be an EXP by the fall... then my countdown begins to join the ranks of the fallen here next year.
This looks like it may be my destiny. By mid-March I'll be over 40k on AA and 0 with MP. The irony is I'm not doing it on purpose like the rest of you guys, although I've really liked the soft product in AA int'l C so far.
Old Feb 12, 2011, 12:45 pm

Programs: UA 1P
Adios, 1K. Back to 1P for me. I'll miss all those UDUs.
Old Feb 12, 2011, 2:18 pm

Programs: MR LT Titanium, UA 1K, DL Gold, AA EXP
Went from multi year 1K to GM this year.

I'm moving all my flying over to AA, where I soft landed to plat from exec plat. Had a flight this week with UA to AMS, and it was miserable as a GM. Sad to go from UA, but I can't have no status.
Old Feb 12, 2011, 2:26 pm

Programs: riding the lifetime status. DL MM / AA MM
Originally Posted by anthro
I'm down to 2P and it hurts.
i also fell from 1K to 2P. i flew to BKK on UA/* in january, burning my last SWU's in the process, so i flew 20k while still 1K, and got a solid head start on renewing 2P. that gives me the ability to mostly fly DL this year (looking like a light year) and watch what happens with UACO. i'll probably head into 2012 with low-mid status in all three alliances...

i suspect the thing i'll miss most this year is access to the MLL at YUL.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.