Go Back   > > >

Old Apr 15, 11, 8:42 am   #61

Programs: UA MM, Alaska MVP Gold, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Fairmont Platinum, National Exec Elite
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmvaughn View Post
N209UA still scheduled to go in for XP->XQ conversion tomorrow? Wanted to confirm whether or not info from a.net and posted on the wiki was still accurate.
N209UA is out, N216UA and N773UA are in... the conversions are back in full swing!
Old Apr 15, 11, 9:01 am   #62

Programs: UA 1K, AA Gold
Quote:
N209UA is out, N216UA and N773UA are in... the conversions are back in full swing!
Is this the first time two 777s are in at the same time? Are both conversions happening at the same place (SFO)? I remember reading somewhere that a number of 777s will be converted somewhere else besides SFO during heavy maintenance checks.
Old Apr 15, 11, 9:05 am   #63

Programs: UA MM, Alaska MVP Gold, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Fairmont Platinum, National Exec Elite
Quote:
Originally Posted by TomKozski View Post
Is this the first time two 777s are in at the same time? Are both conversions happening at the same place (SFO)? I remember reading somewhere that a number of 777s will be converted somewhere else besides SFO during heavy maintenance checks.
Believe the answer to your first question is yes.

As to where the conversions are happening, I do believe they are in different locations.
Old Apr 15, 11, 10:47 am   #64

Programs: UA - 1MM, DL Diamond, AS MVP75, Marriott Plat, SPG Plat, Hilton Gold
SEA-NRT on 4/18 really a new config?

Has anyone flown a new config 777 out of SEA. On a lark I checked ualcargo and it shows 77Q but united.com shows the old seatmap. Am I missing something or did I luck out for Monday's flight?
Old Apr 15, 11, 10:50 am   #65

Quote:
Believe the answer to your first question is yes.

As to where the conversions are happening, I do believe they are in different locations.
N773UA is at SFO; N216UA is at PEK -- the first of the 14 mods to be undertaken along with scheduled heavy maintenance.
Old Apr 15, 11, 11:42 am   #66

Programs: AA EXP, UA Pr Plat, LH, SQ, SPG Plat, HH Dmnd, Hyatt Expl, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat Amb, Fairmont
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bitterroot View Post
N773UA is at SFO; N216UA is at PEK -- the first of the 14 mods to be undertaken along with scheduled heavy maintenance.
Thanks very much for these updates. I was wondering what was going on. Good to know that the conversions are continuing.

So at the rate UA is going, by when might we reasonably expect that all 777s (including those being changed during heavy maintenance) will be converted?
Old Apr 27, 11, 12:54 pm   #67

Programs: United 1K
www.suitedreams.united.com

Based on what I am reading here, it appears that 777 upgrades are being continued and Suitedreams.united.com has not been updated. It has been showing 8 out of 46 777s completed for many months now. I was getting worried that Smisek decided not to continue with this.
Old Apr 27, 11, 1:31 pm   #68
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, G.E./NEXUS, Amex, UA 1K/RCC, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkrecek View Post
Based on what I am reading here, it appears that 777 upgrades are being continued and Suitedreams.united.com has not been updated. It has been showing 8 out of 46 777s completed for many months now. I was getting worried that Smisek decided not to continue with this.
The suitedreams sits has also been slow to update. When UA announced that the 777s were going in for the reconfig, it took them a long time to upload seatmaps or show that some aircraft had been upgraded.

Do yourself a favor- Ignore suite dreams.. You've got FT
Old May 1, 11, 5:19 pm   #69

Programs: UA Premier 1K, Marriott/SPG Platinum
Quote:
Originally Posted by andyh64000 View Post
Has anyone flown a new config 777 out of SEA. On a lark I checked ualcargo and it shows 77Q but united.com shows the old seatmap. Am I missing something or did I luck out for Monday's flight?
I am in the same situation - United.com's seatmap shows the old config, but Unitedcargo.com shows the 77Q plane. Which should I trust? (Flight is tomorrow)
Old May 1, 11, 5:20 pm   #70
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, G.E./NEXUS, Amex, UA 1K/RCC, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lore View Post
I am in the same situation - United.com's seatmap shows the old config, but Unitedcargo.com shows the 77Q plane. Which should I trust? (Flight is tomorrow)
Personally, I'd trust UAL Cargo. .bomb is known to take a long time to update for an aircraft swap. In some cases, it may happen only hours before the flight departs.
Old May 1, 11, 5:22 pm   #71

Quote:
Originally Posted by FriendlySkies View Post
Personally, I'd trust UAL Cargo. .bomb is known to take a long time to update for an aircraft swap. In some cases, it may happen only hours before the flight departs.
In that case, I wonder how they're going to fix the seating. There is a pretty big difference between the two seatmaps in C. Rows 8-15 on the old seat map, rows 6-10 on the new seat map.
Old May 2, 11, 5:56 pm   #72

Quote:
Originally Posted by FriendlySkies View Post
I am at the airport now, and what do you know, UAL Cargo was right. Not even the check-in agents knew that the equipment changed until we had to wait for the system to update with the new seat maps.

Unfortunately, they didn't have any aisle seats free in the 2-4-2 configuration so I am stuck with a window in C.

Update, the plane is N787UA.

Last edited by Lore; May 2, 11 at 7:13 pm
Old May 12, 11, 9:38 am   #73

N773UA should come out of conversion soon, the first XD aircraft.
Old May 12, 11, 3:51 pm   #74

Programs: UA, Starwood, AAdvantage, Alaska, BAEC, Marriott, Hawaiian, Hilton HHonors
Quote:
N773UA should come out of conversion soon, the first XD aircraft.
Are the XD's for domestic flights? Any idea what's up with N216UA?
Old May 12, 11, 3:53 pm   #75

Quote:
Originally Posted by atanac View Post
Are the XD's for domestic flights? Any idea what's up with N216UA?
XDs are based primarily out of ORD and IAD and operate many European, domestic hub-to-hub, and South American routes.

N216UA went in 5 days after N773UA.