Information/Discussion of the Seating Updates to UA's International 777 Fleet [2011]

Subscribe
Quote: I am keen to work out whether a flight I am planning will be on the new 77Q configuration and wonder if anyone has advice on how to predict this?

I hope to fly either LHR-SFO or LHR-LAX in June, in C, as an award flight. Not sure whether the 777s out of LHR are always the updated version (although seem to recall that having been the original intention...). If the UA b777 was expected to be the old config, I'd pick a different carrier for sure (and a different route if necessary).

Thanks for advice!

DC freeloader
There is a different thread about which routes these planes are on, but no-one can give you a better answer than the UA seatmaps, but as in all things - changes may occur. Currently the seatmaps show LAX-LHR-LAX being new config and one SFO-LHR-SFO being new (the later flights) and one being old (the earlier flights).

Currently they seem to like to fly the new config on the following rotation (IAD-LHR-LAX-LHR-SFO-KIX-SFO-LHR-IAD-DXB-IAD) but numerous exceptions occur (flights to GRU, KWI, PEK, NRT, ICN, HNL, FRA among them).
Cheers Seattledavid - that's a useful tip about the seatmaps. I'll watch those.

DCf
Quote: I think N209UA is the next one in for interior mod, but not until next month.
Why would they wait another 3 weeks to start reconfiguring another bird? Is this the normal time lag between jobs?
Quote: Hello P-nuts and welcome to FT. We don't bite let alone kill! In this case you are wrong but that won't always be the case

N219UA is in Victorville for paint.
N222UA and N796UA are in SFO for planned maintenance.
Bottom line, none of the 777's are in right now.

I think N209UA is the next one in for interior mod, but not until next month.
Thx Worldtrav :-)

Too bad :-) Though they where on a roll by having a go at a few conversions at once but my hopes where too high

Any particular reason that points at N209UA being the next one ? (yes I know, I can be curious for information )

UAL951 seems to get a 77Q once in a while. Let's hope I'll be lucky in July
If it doesn't get a 77Q, too bad but I'll enjoy flying with UA anyway :-)
Quote: Why would they wait another 3 weeks to start reconfiguring another bird? Is this the normal time lag between jobs?
Likely related to the number of airplanes that are out for other reasons such as paint jobs.
Quote: ... but numerous exceptions occur (flights to GRU, KWI, PEK, NRT, ICN, HNL, FRA among them).
By when will the B772s with the new flat-bed seats ply the West Coast-NRT routes regularly? One of two SFO-NRT flights (UA853) is flown by a 772 in May 2011, and from the seat map it has the old cradle-seat.
UA please hurry up and get the LAX-NRT ones done. I find it very embarrasing explaining to my business partners why I'm taking an international C flight with no lie flat seats.
Quote: I find it very embarrasing explaining to my business partners why I'm taking an international C flight with no lie flat seats.
I have to wonder about anyone who's actually embarrassed by something that trivial...

Quote: By when will the B772s with the new flat-bed seats ply the West Coast-NRT routes regularly?
LAX-NRT is showing new config this summer. And there's even some NC out there
Quote: I have to wonder about anyone who's actually embarrassed by something that trivial...
I'll take your comment as tongue-in-cheek just like my comment on the embarrasment.
N209UA still scheduled to go in for XP->XQ conversion tomorrow? Wanted to confirm whether or not info from a.net and posted on the wiki was still accurate.
Yep, looks like N209UA went in today. Anyone have any ideas which one is up next?

Discussion seems to have dried up of late...

Quote: N209UA still scheduled to go in for XP->XQ conversion tomorrow? Wanted to confirm whether or not info from a.net and posted on the wiki was still accurate.
Quote: Yep, looks like N209UA went in today. Anyone have any ideas which one is up next?

Discussion seems to have dried up of late...
Would imagine the goal would be to finish the XP->XQ conversions on one line and start XI->XJ on another. But that's just a guess.
Quote:
LAX-NRT is showing new config this summer. And there's even some NC out there
Back to old config in November, at least with the latest schedule change.
Quote: UA 777 F

UA 747 F

I don't see a 10 inch difference.

There is no 10 inch difference in FC between the 777 and 747 IPTE aircraft.
Quote: There is no 10 inch difference in FC between the 777 and 747 IPTE aircraft.
I have sat in both, and don't beleive there is a ten-inch difference neither.