Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > United Mileage Plus (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

CO or LH econ TATL as UA 1K - experiences/recommendations?

CO or LH econ TATL as UA 1K - experiences/recommendations?

Old Nov 6, 2010, 7:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K MM, AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by David5885
I have done both LH and Co in Y fairly recently. I would say first off, that being a tall person, I would easily sacrifice the AVOD for the Eplus every time. 31-32 inches is not fun for me and I can bring my own entertainment. That being said, if you are forced to choose between LH and CO I would go with CO. Neither airline will really care about your Star Gold status, and both coach seats are pretty uncomfortable. The two things that I noticed a difference were in the food and the AVOD. The food on LH is better and I believe alcohol is free. But, CO had about 180 movies to choose from and another 30 or so TV episodes while LH has significantly less. For that reason I would take CO. Even if it is uncomfortable at least the flight passes quickly. Good luck.
Depends on the aircraft, though. My CO 767-400 had only five channels (three movies) of looping video.
Old Nov 6, 2010, 9:53 pm

Programs: AV LifeMiles, CM ConnectMiles, BA Exec Club. Former:ex-ASGold, ex-UA1K, ex-COPlat, ex-NWGold.
LH Y seats have the standard small 31 inch pitch, so not nearly as much room to stretch out as UA E+. But way more comfortable than CO's 31 inch seats.

I've flown LH Y several times TATL on A346 and A343s including before they upgraded with the AVOD IFE. I really like the efficiency use of 31" pitch in the LH seats, and the far better soft product than either UA or CO. If you have long legs I wouldn't recommend it, but otherwise LH Y is a fine ride IMHO.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.